PL: Arsenal v Manchester City | August 12th, 2018 16:00 BST | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Makingtrax, Aug 6, 2018.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed Aug 12, 2018.
  1. Arsenal Win

46.3%
  2. Draw

26.4%
  3. Manchester City Win

27.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axel9090

Axel9090 Well-Known Member

Nah dont think that will work. I remember at one point, Wenger did play Bellerin at left back and I cant remember who he played at RB, but it was a shambles.

2. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

I was thinking more of Lichtsteiner on the left as he seems a canny old fox and will be eager to play anywhere.

TheArsenalis and celestis like this.
  3. Axel9090

Axel9090 Well-Known Member

I dunno, its always gonna be a risk, but then again, so is AMN at left back. Looks like we're gonna go into the game with a questionable left back either way.

4. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Pleased to see so many are going for a win. As Arsenal-Mania's resident pessimist I've indulged in a draw, much against reason....

Sapient Hawk and Makingtrax like this.
  5. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

Went for a draw but got a strange feeling we could be in for a surprise...the team seems eager and in good spirits, Aubameyang and Lacazette is something completely different to Giroud in terms of goal threat and there's a whole new tactical approach, even if all isn't perfect yet.

celestis likes this.
  6. grange

grange Well-Known Member

Google search, "soccer streams reddit," and you should be able to find a stream for every game to watch from your computer. If you're more technically savvy then you can figure out a way to get it on your TV (Android TV, mini PC, super long hdmi cable (lol), and/or Chromecast).

If you can find Acestream links and get these to play then that's even better as they're usually very high picture quality.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  7. Arsenal1508

Arsenal1508 Mods are unethical! Ozil, come assist me please!

Oh the days I use to look for streams lol. I remember paying 1 pound to soccerstream in college....14 years ago. Then it was Sopcast, which was brilliant.

Once my career started and I got a great job, matches always live on my TV HD. Only time I watch streams when match is not on TV...but in USA, very rare.

gkoat likes this.
  8. CanadianGooner1608

CanadianGooner1608 Well-Known Member

I went with a win.
    I want to be optimistic and I will not be disappointed either way.

BUT! We are playing them at the best possible time, we have a very good squad, which I believe is capable of moments of brilliance, I think we do look better at the back even if slightly.

Lastly, I believe in our summer signings, and I believe they will be eager to do a job here.

That being said, City is City, Pep is Pep so there's always the possibility of them outplaying us.

What I'm most excited about is to see two borderline control freak tacticians going head to head.
    Best strategy wins this game, plain and simple, and this will be fascinating to watch.

celestis likes this.
  9. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Thanks guys

10. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Policing Emery's English Skills

One of most intriguing aspects of this first game is seeing what the team selection will be.

He’s watched the videos, studied the training sessions and given most a try out in the friendlies. Now comes the hard part.

11. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Going to be close game I guess. If we defended we may get out from this with good result all depend on our defense

12. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Policing Emery's English Skills

Emery really likes his 4231 formation. At Sevilla he used Banega in that advanced midfield role. But if the team were under the cosh he dropped back behind Krychowiak and Iborra into a defensive midfield role. It was effective.

But could Özil do that? Has he got that kind of flexibility, despite his talent.

BobP likes this.
  13. FinnGooner

FinnGooner Well-Known Member

This is pretty weird. For the first time in 20 years, I'm not sure which players are going to start and how we will approach the game. Very exciting. Good thing is, we won't be able wear those butt-ugly mint green away kits because of City's colors.

Makingtrax likes this.
  14. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

We're at home...

15. FinnGooner

FinnGooner Well-Known Member

Even better. Then we won't definitely see those shirts

16. boonthegoon

boonthegoon Well-Known Member

Hoping for a 4-2-3-1
    Leno
    Lichsteiner-Papa-Mustafi-AMN
    Torreira-Elneny/Guendouzi (Don't want Xhaka in a 2 man mid, he should be in a 4-3-3 vs other teams)
    Mkhi-Özil-Auba
    Laca

Just outscore them somehow !

17. BobP

BobP Favre Fan

Precisely, which is why I think, if fit, Ramsey will play there.

Other than that, we'll probably go with a single striker. Highly doubt Emery will play both Laca and Auba against a team of City's calibre.

Makingtrax likes this.
  18. lamby22

lamby22 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to this one. Went for an Arsenal win. Just hope Auba is in the right frame of mind. He's currently having a go at Playstation on his twitter account about being banned :lol::lol::lol:. Tremendous stuff

Camron, Preacher, neimad and 2 others like this.
  19. SpookyDukey

SpookyDukey Member

I think we've made some decent signings and will be a much more dangerous animal then last year. However, we are still taking time to gel and learn Unai's system, whereas watching City destroy Chelsea - it's clear they are already a well oiled machine who know their system inside out (with the exception of Mahrez potentially).

I am positive for the season though, but feel this game will be too much of a test too soon for us.

20. Nyctophobia

Nyctophobia Well-Known Member

The optimism here is amazing, we're rebuilding our team and we're up against the champions who bossed the league like nothing else last season and the majority here think we'll bag the win. :lol:

Never change, my friends!

Taxi Driver and American_Gooner like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.