PL: Arsenal v Manchester City | December 15, 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Dec 12, 2019.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed Dec 15, 2019.
  1. Arsenal Win

30.6%
  2. Draw

15.3%
  3. City Win

54.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OneAW!

OneAW! Active Member

Ah now we are blaming Arsène for the things that go wrong even after he left. Some people are good at spinning narratives. If he had stayed and left the club on his terms off course he would have left the club in good nick. Nothing in his history would suggest otherwise.

The problem is that Arsène was forced out against his will before he could set such a structure up. Sanllehi was obviously brought in to replace Dein since Gaz was a rubbish transfer/contract negotiator. Problem is the owner has no balls/ambition and simultaneously brought in Mislintat. The owner seems to have encouraged both Arsène and Gazidis to set up alternate structures in some sort of stand off.

Gazidis used the poor end to season 17/18, (caused by his own failure to extend Özil and Sanchez's contracts [Ramsey too but somewhat later] at an earlier date and lower cost, and Arsène's own frustrations with Kroenke to force him out.

Kroenke then panicked and put the kibosh on an inexperienced manager like Arteta. Gaz pivots and gets Emery, but its not enough, Wenger's shoes are too big to fill.

Kroenke then gets mad with Gaz and sacks him, (think the Milan thing was just Gaz landing on his feet), perhaps with a little persuading from Raul, and voila here we are.

The only solution is Kroenke OUT!

2. HaffBR

HaffBR Active Member

Leno 6
    AMN 4
    Sokratis 4
    Chambers - 3 Sell
    Kolasinac 4 (Saka 6)
    Guendouzi 4
    Torreira 5
    Özil 4 (3 as AM, 5 as a forward) (ESR 5)
    Pepe 5
    Auba 5
    Martinelli 5

Freddie - 3 Sell

3. shootxhakashoot

shootxhakashoot Özil lives rent-free in my head

It's likely to matter as likelihood is Laca is going to want out and he is not one of our weaker players. There's no justice in the world if that's the case as at least he puts a shift in and scores important goals for us.

Jae likes this.
  4. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

Feel sorry for him too...I mean how can he possibly compete with the likes of Liverpool and Leicester with nobodies like Bernardo Silva and Mahrez on the bench, barely spent a billion pounds in three and a half years too...poor guy...

Bald ****.

mavelous likes this.
  5. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

Leno should be captain. He’ll be off to Bayern soon anyway, so would only be the customary Arsenal thing to do.

Flying Okapis likes this.
  6. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

Here we go for today!

Leno- 7 dude doesnt deserve this
    Amn- 4 woeful
    Chambers- 4 not good enough for the big teams
    Sok- 4 same every week, poor
    Kola- 6 this guy drives me nuts, poor defender, poor attacker but his driving bursts create oppurtinity.
    Torry- 5 outclassed and outnumbered
    Doozi- 4 too much for him right now
    Özil- 1 great volley in his gloves on the way off
    Pepe- 6 wide guys were outnumbered always
    Martinelli- 7 ran out of steam but fought like a lion
    Auba- 2 he has no cf traits. He cant head it, he cant hold it, he cant fight and create a situation. Good player, wrong team.

Freddie- it was niave with the lineup. He picked a team to take city on. Its ok saying freddie is learning etc but these performances weekly are killing us. We messed up badly not getting jose, we need experience now and we need the siege menality.

Vanfrothan likes this.
  7. iamdaguy

iamdaguy Well-Known Member

I don't understand how you lot are blaming Özil for the loss. Chambers, Kola, and Guenzy had absolute brainfart in the three goals. You cannot blame the offensive players when defense is this bad.

It is not the style of Özil to chase defenders all game. He's a creative player who goes into finding spaces for quick attacks. As a coach, you must fit your gameplan to the players you have.

8. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

So you gonna leave Freddie alone like that again

9. WiscoGooner8

WiscoGooner8 Member

No, I listed the players that occupy the center of the field and are responsible from preventing Leno from facing the gauntlet every game. Torreira might have been unfair, but the rest are garbage. Granted, no one really has looked good all year, only flashes.

10. Gooner_girl14

Gooner_girl14 Well-Known Member

Özil has never been an 'aggressive' kind of player or someone who's going to do a lot of tracking back. It's never been his style, so I'm always baffled why people expect this of him. He has always been more of an elegant footballer, someone who makes the game look easy. The problem is that our midfield and defence - who are supposed to be aggressive - aren't. We have no power in CB or CM positions, we are weak. Look at how easily City ran past our midfield for their goals, and teams worse than City have done the same so often. Özil deserves his fair share of criticism and it was definitely a poor decision to give him the wages we did, but we have much bigger problems in CM and CB to fix before we can think about Özil.

Leeroy1979 and yorch44 like this.
  11. shootxhakashoot

shootxhakashoot Özil lives rent-free in my head

Maybe mods need to mod themselves.

12. WiscoGooner8

WiscoGooner8 Member

Agreed 100%. Get new CB and CM and all of a sudden Özil, Pepe, Laca and Auba won’t have any reason to get criticized.

yorch44 likes this.
  13. Dj_sds -

Dj_sds - Well-Known Member

Arsène Wenger on Bayern Munich job: "I was never a candidate, I had been approached but I am not in the running for the job." Asked if that means he will never manage again: "No, not necessarily." (BeIN)

Still saying he will manage again one day, like hes said for two years straight. This was weeks before he took the job at fifa. If he was swimming in offers he would be in a dugout by now, those are just facts.

14. boyinneedofhumor

boyinneedofhumor Active Member

1. Our attack has the potential to pose questions to the top teams in future.
    2. We won't be able to find out if above is true or false if we perennially leak goals like we did today, giving opponents an advantage. And lesser breathing space for ourselves.
    3. Leno isn't one of the problems (today).

15. Gooner_girl14

Gooner_girl14 Well-Known Member

The rumours about Laca wanting out have been swirling before this game, I don't think this game changed anything there. I do wonder why Laca didn't come on, as to put on ESR looks like Freddie had just given up on the game and didn't want to risk Laca for some reason.

16. Manberg

Manberg Predator

The longer coaches are unassigned the worse the players will get.

Joestlaachmkr likes this.
  17. Joestlaachmkr

Joestlaachmkr Active Member

Of course, but i did not see him in the 2nd half.

18. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

The one player who should be annoyed with all of this more than anyone is Leno. The dude's the best keeper in the league yet doesn’t get a clean sheet ever

19. berric

berric Well-Known Member

That's Sunday league stuff we're witnessing. Genuinely, it's like they've picked random people from the street to run the club.

20. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

We were chasing shadows for most of the second half.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.