• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Manchester City | Sunday, February 21 | KO: 16:30 UTC | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
NINTCHDBPICT000585889328.jpg

Referee
KV5cy6IM.jpg

-Arsenal have lost their last seven league matches against Manchester City. They have only ever lost more consecutively against Leeds United, with eight between 1973 and 1976.

-Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang can be the first Arsenal player to score 2+ goals in three consecutive PL starts.

-This will be Pep Guardiola’s 50th PL match played on a Sunday with Man City (W32 D8 L9). The Spaniard's 65 per cent win rate in such matches is the best by a head coach on this day of the week in the competition’s history (min. 10 matches).

-Raheem Sterling has been directly involved in six goals in his last five PL matches against Arsenal (four goals, two assists), finding the net in each of his last three against the Gunners.

Team News
Arsenal: Partey out
Man City: Ake out; Gundogan to return after missing the Everton game

Untitled.jpg

GoonerJay24

Leno
Holding Mari Gabriel
Nelson Elneny Xhaka Tierney
Pepe
Lacazette Martinelli

It's a shame Partey isn't available as I believe Xhaka is really due a rest. It wasn't wise to loan both Willock and AMN without bringing in more another midfielder or left wingback cover. Squad is looking light.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
I love these games. These are the games I use to measure our improvements. Man City are playing some interplanetary football at the moment though and i can't see anything but a win for them. They don't concede and they score lots. One thing I do admire about us though is that we have started to find a more balanced team. I just love the link up play between Smith Rowe, Ødegaard, Saka, Ceballos and even Bellerin. We could score just based on these players beginning to really gel on the pitch. My head wants a draw but my heart says it's gonna be a 3-1 loss.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'm going for a draw. No idea why!

Pepe & Martinelli can start this one, ESR needs a rest, so too Saka. I expect City to rotate but their rotation still gives them the best team in the PL.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don't think it'll be the battering people are expecting but we'll probably lose.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Of course we'll get slapped by City.

Plus That lump of lard Jon Moss refereeing the game makesthis game a write off.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Usually the score ends 3-0 or 3-1 but I feel a bit optimistic here and I think the players and Mikel will want to show we are no pushovers so I will go for a 2-2 draw.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I'll really stick my neck out and say I think City will win :lol:. Anything above an embarrassing scoreline for us is a bonus I'd say with the form of both sides.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I don't think they'll batter us. Our defense is better than people give credit. I think they'll edge it 1-0.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Pep and de bruyne back plus John moss is referee what possibly go wrong? Even 1 point here would be considered as win they in 17 win run conceded only 6 its ridiculous. Specially we will be likely without Thomas so Rodri Gundogan will have field day again. No Luiz here please he'll probably get himself sent off with all these city runners.

Leno
Bellerin Holding Gabriel Tierney
Xhaka Ceballos
Saka Ødegaard Auba
Laca

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I hope mikel do give ESR some rest here he had off game and seem struggling with fitness people who hope for pepe don't think he'll start unfortunately

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Their speed of attack, nifty footwork and intricate moves in the box are begging for a penalty, so our rash players need to be rested. Fortunately Sokratis and Mustafi are no longer here, but we still have Luiz and Xhaka. :eek:

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

If there is any hope here, we have to be ruthless and take the odd chance we get at their goal. City will of course dominate possession, will be around our box for the majority of the game and will likely put a couple past us at minimum.

1-3 City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom