• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal v Manchester United| December 2, 2017 | 17:30 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

And that **** Mourinho and his cronies winning the coin toss and getting us to swap ends. Can't remember a time in a home game off the top of my head where we start the opposite side, always seem to shoot into the North Bank in the second half!

I was wondering this as well - I thought as the home team it's completely our choice?

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
You're right and that's why I said "post Campbell /Toure". Consistency of good defending has been an issue after these two left and it's easy and sometimes fair to blame Wenger. I just question the calibre of CB he has purchased from 2007 to the present. Kolo shows what Wenger can do with a player with the right physical and psychological "DNA".
He's bought some crap no doubt but Koz & Mustafi are top international defenders but I just think that the team don;t have defending in their DNA, it's not something that seems to be drilled into them, his teams have been awful defensively, when it counts, for far too long.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That's not supporting by any definition of the word.

Sorry to break this to you, old chum, but coming on here and typing stuff isn't 'supporting' the club in any way, shape or form!

Did I really need to point that out? :lol:

We'll let your slating of certain players slide, too, just for arguments sake. Wouldn't want to label you a 'non-supporter'...

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

He's bought some crap no doubt but Koz & Mustafi are top international defenders but I just think that the team don;t have defending in their DNA, it's not something that seems to be drilled into them, his teams have been awful defensively, when it counts, for far too long.
I agree that the issue really isn’t with the quality of the players but with lack of focus on defensive duties overall. But we have discussed that ad nauseam here. I felt after the last series of games that we had stability in the back. Boy, did I deceive myself...

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

TBF he's not the only one. There are a number of posters who've been missing lately. That's because we've been winning. They've got nothing to say about that. No congratulations, no enjoyment.

One loss and they come on whinging with the same old sh*te.

That's not supporting by any definition of the word.
I will have to declare myself guilty to that. But when we are playing well I really have less need to log on here. It’s when we lose like yesterday I need to ***** and moan with fellow Arsenal supporters. Think venting the frustration is part of being a sports supporter. I have never supported a single team whose manager or coach I have not wanted to see fired at certain times. For me that is simply part of being a fan of a team. You want your team to win and when they do not you are frustrated.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I will have to declare myself guilty to that. But when we are playing well I really have less need to log on here. It’s when we lose like yesterday I need to ***** and moan with fellow Arsenal supporters. Think venting the frustration is part of being a sports supporter. I have never supported a single team whose manager or coach I have not wanted to see fired at certain times. For me that is simply part of being a fan of a team. You want your team to win and when they do not you are frustrated.
How many teams have you supported ffs :lol:

Last edited:

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I agree that the issue really isn’t with the quality of the players but with lack of focus on defensive duties overall. But we have discussed that ad nauseam here. I felt after the last series of games that we had stability in the back. Boy, did I deceive myself...
:(:D

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Sorry to break this to you, old chum, but coming on here and typing stuff isn't 'supporting' the club in any way, shape or form!

Did I really need to point that out? :lol:
Not an Arsenal supporters forum? **** me, I've wasted 3 seasons bantering with the wrong people. :eek::eek:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I literally posted several times over the last two days, how exactly have I gone missing? I was even on here yesterday during the match but didn't post anything in the Arsenal section as I knew emotions were flying high.

This idea that you aren't supporting your club by being critical on a forum is laughable, honestly. Everyone who is signed up here supports Arsenal in some form. It increases the size and value of the brand, which is the be-all and end-all for Arsenal. Do you seriously think @Jury criticizing Özil is somehow harmful to the club? On the same token, do you seriously believe you cheering on Wenger on here has any impact on Arsenal? If you answer yes to one of them, you're deluded imo.

I care about the people on this site and their opinions. I find them interesting, no matter how much I disagree with them. The fact that you somehow equate someone disagreeing with your opinion to them "not supporting" the club is just not on.

Criticize what you love. It's a sentence that remains true for any piece of entertainment.
Not sure why that was addressed to me bro, I didn't reply to your post or single you out, that was someone else.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Not an Arsenal supporters forum? **** me, I've wasted 3 seasons bantering with the wrong people. :eek::eek:
muppet-judgez-2-jpg.136181

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Just saw a replay of the match we absolutely dominated them they were lucky to not conceed 5 goals at least and still their fans are telling fully deserved win what are they smoking?

While our defending was amateurish we should have won the match have done enough to draw but this is the typical Arsenal way isnt it?

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
Yeah but he’s not factoring in that we went 2-0 up after ten minutes. A lot of what we faced after that was 100mph kitchen sink stuff and we looked lethal on the counter every time we had the chance to do so.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
How does that make sense though? I don't get an opportunity to go to games. I have to watch in a pub or from home. So because I am physically and financially not able to contribute I am not as important?
No you are bloody well not! Money makes the world go round. Buy a red membership then you'll count - a bit.:p

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Saying the right things, I'm very interested to see how we respond, we have an opportunity to go on a winning run now, time for this team to take the next step and be consistently good, the top level is up there with the best in the league..

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom