• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Newcastle | Monday, January 18 | KO: 20:00 UTC | Sky Sports

MOTM

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend14

Established Member
Not tonight, but we have been against better opposition.
Yes, earlier in the season, which was probably the safe thing. We are a better team now, but a couple of teams, Liverpool and City, deserve respect. Against others, I’d be surprised if we sat back moving forward.

Legend14

Established Member
It all depends on what you are looking at. Emery’s squad was more offensive. When you compare the Gf and Ga and shots and chance creation. Emery’s squad pawns Arteta’s. Arteta is a defensive coach and his team reflects that.
Arteta seems like a tactically responsible coach. Thank goodness. Emery was a disaster in the end.

Kav

Established Member
Arteta seems like a tactically responsible coach. Thank goodness. Emery was a disaster in the end.
He was a disaster in the end but he did get a few things right. Just like Mikel has gotten a few things right but a lot wrong. They both have been found wanting if I am to be honest.

Kav

Established Member
Is Arteta a defensive coach? Or has he worked miracles and made us defensively solid first before implementing the free flowing football?

Because we've been seeing signs of sensational football here and there under Mikel. Its just not consistent enough. Of course better players will make it more consistent.

I wouldn’t go so far and say he’s worked miracles. He’s done very well at making our team more structured and balanced. We defend as a unit as opposed to as individuals under Wenger and Emery. We also do more intense pressing under Arteta. We seek to play a possession dominant game as well.

There has been some good football (Man U game for example). However there has been a lot of ****ty ones ( Brighton, West Ham, Everton, Villa , Southampton, Man City, Leeds and wolves).

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I know he loved Raul and totally backed him - because of whom we are now mid table.
If you are on any forum like this I guess you will be in the right sometimes and in the wrong sometimes. Bunch of opinions and views. Doubt anyone does really well in the end. As none of us have any influence on what decisions are made at the club we are just fans with opinions and I miss his and his posts. Hope he comes back soon.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Arteta should just play 442 or 343 in these matches so we're not necessarily reliant on an attacking midfielder.

Cover at left back and central midfield have to be prioritized this transfer window.

Are you joking? We tried that... we need an AM for creativity. We produce nothing in the 343 and 442

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

If you are on any forum like this I guess you will be in the right sometimes and in the wrong sometimes. Bunch of opinions and views. Doubt anyone does really well in the end. As none of us have any influence on what decisions are made at the club we are just fans with opinions and I miss his and his posts. Hope he comes back soon.

This is the kind of posting I signed up for, beautiful. RIP Jury.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

We were gash in the first half and won't beat many sides with that performance. Thankfully we turned up for the second half and that Newcastle is absolute ****e.

Legend14

Established Member
We were gash in the first half and won't beat many sides with that performance. Thankfully we turned up for the second half and that Newcastle is absolute ****e.
Of note, I watched the first half again. It was as good or better than the second half. Everyone who claims it was not, feel free to watch run it back.

Amazing how putting the ball in the net significantly influences perception. This match was one of Arsenal’s most complete of the entire season.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Of note, I watched the first half again. It was as good or better than the second half. Everyone who claims it was not, feel free to watch run it back.

Amazing how putting the ball in the net significantly influences perception. This match was one of Arsenal’s most complete of the entire season.
First half xG of .7 and 1 shot on target vs. 2.31 xG and 6 shots on target. But yeah bro, noted.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
First half xG of .7 and 1 shot on target vs. 2.31 xG and 6 shots on target. But yeah bro, noted.

You're not really disproving him here though. While I disagree that the first half was better in any way, we still had like multiple shots off target, of which like 3+ should have really been on target at least. We easily could have been 2-0 up by half-time.

It's also true that the game would have always opened up after our first goal, be that in the first or second half. But that's just how it is against low-block teams.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

You're not really disproving him here though. While I disagree that the first half was better in any way, we still had like multiple shots off target, of which like 3+ should have really been on target at least. We easily could have been 2-0 up by half-time.

It's also true that the game would have always opened up after our first goal, be that in the first or second half. But that's just how it is against low-block teams.
xG and my eyes say otherwise, I don't need to disprove anything, it's subjective. Fact is, we're 3rd worst in the league in goals at home in the first half and if we don't shape that up, we'll find ourselves in the hole more often than that, regardless whether we should've had shots on target or not. Football isn't just about merit, it's about execution.

If that first half is encouraging to most, then our standards really have ****ing fallen as a fan base.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I miss Jury! He fought the good battle and now he isn't here to have part of the spoils. :)
Yep, he was desperate to remove Wenger and now we're challenging for the league title like he said we would, he's not here to say I told you so.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Could only watch the final 30 minutes. Was not much left in the game at that point. Few observations:

• ESR looked knackered by the time he came off
  • Cedric looked lively and decent
  • Newcastle looked like a cow being led to a slaughterhouse
  • Xhaka again with a few moments where he didn't dare to pass forwards but turned back for a pass to Luiz
  • Elneny actually had some first touch passes which came off well
  • Happy that Auba got a brace, hope it gives him some confidence
  • Willian ruins everything he touches

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
What makes you think he’s not here?

Could always have pseudonyms like that Manberg guy people accuse me of being.

Jury was a big presence. You can change your login name but after a while one of the other regulars will always clock who you are through phraseology.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Imagine JJ doing similar things next season.

Always was dead certain for Saka, ESR and Nelli to go to the top, but even though I did not see much of JJ for a long time, he looked equally speacial back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom