<

PL: Arsenal v Newcastle United | Sunday February 16 | KO: 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Feb 10, 2020.

?

Match Prediction

1. Arsenal Win

81.8%
  2. Draw

13.6%
  3. Newcastle Win

4.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ciscoo

Ciscoo Active Member

****ing love Saka

Pepes blue pill likes this.
  2. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan Trusted

LIL CHILLYYYYYYYY

Pepes blue pill likes this.
  3. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

I think he'll do great at LW as well. He likes to cut in and Tierney likes to bomb forward, they can work together.

4. irishgunnerz

irishgunnerz Moderator Moderator

Just landed in London - seems a pity I didn't make it earlier! Happiest I've seen this place on a while?

Pepe tearing it up?
    An Özil goal?
    Laca getting on the score sheet?
    A clean sheet?

What parallel universe have I arrived in? :)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  5. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

Imagine saying that last year, with Xhaka+Mustafi in the team.

6. El Granit-Coq

El Granit-Coq Well-Known Member

His balls haven't touched the net in a long time. She's gonna find out what hitting the net feels like.

Trilly and Riou like this.
  7. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Ceballos was very good today, was amazing having a deep playmaker who can open up teams again.

Saka and Pepe had some great dribbles, especially Saka.

Still worrying how easily teams can overpower us in middle, especially in first half's of matches, bit lucky at halftime...passed them to death in the second though.

Very good day, so happy for Laca!

Most importantly though...

A POSITIVE GOAL DIFFERENCE!!!

[​IMG]

Mrs Bergkamp and El Granit-Coq like this.
  8. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

Yes but one of them cant play LB every game so I think we'll see Saka in both positions next season. I guess a lot will depend what he wants too, especially as he needs to sign a new contract.

samshere and Mrs Bergkamp like this.
  9. bandaid

bandaid Active Member

always respected their ball playing ability... its the errors that are the problem. They can pick a pass.

samshere likes this.
  10. Camron

Camron Established Member Trusted

irishgunnerz likes this.
  11. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Laca, on his way home tonight...

Keplaz, Trilly and El Granit-Coq like this.
  12. El Granit-Coq

El Granit-Coq Well-Known Member

:lol:

13. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

Still think he could be even better with help. Bellerin may have been just playing it safe today but he didn't overlap much so Pépé always got double up

14. Ind0Gunnerz

Ind0Gunnerz Active Member

Just saw the skysports interview and Saka is the motm. Well deserved young lad. Thought it was a close race between Pepe and him.

Mo Britain and Pepes blue pill like this.
  15. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Thought Ceballos, Özil were great. Pepe & Saka excellent.

Laca MOM for the celebration alone.

celestis and Mo Britain like this.
  16. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

I'm pleased for Özil who took the initiative and the game by the scruff of its neck in the last 10 minutes of the forest half. It's not what he does naturally but that and Ceballos' persistence is what sparked us. He needs this type of game more often. Pleased for Pepe too. He's worried me tbh and he was outshone by Saint M early on but then he stepped up. He carried the ball. He ran with determination and he took the initiative to make things happen. So much better for longer today. Delighted for Saka. A couple of poor moments aside and some criticism, he was excellent. He has pace and intelligence and I want him tied down. Lastly, I'm happy with Mustafi. I'll never fully trust him but he was good today. No real heart in your mouth moments and switched on and committed. 60 minutes of proper play from us. We're getting closer to full game management.

Makingtrax, Ollomy and Mo Britain like this.
  17. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character Trusted

never sending you death threats. simply said you play to the whistle.

also. the linesman isnt meant to do that. they dont it at the WC and hasnt been the case since then. But death threats.

OnlyOne likes this.
  18. roz

roz Fake News Merchant

Knew it.

19. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

Bellerin was very defensive first half and in the second half went forward but infield. Pepe is isolated but he also loses the ball a bit. He worked hard today to get it back, but Bellerin seems to have lost some pace and still seems mentally scarred by his injury. I saw him not passing to Pepe as often as he might have because he can't overlap or get into a foot race tracking back. Imo, he doesn't trust Pepe's ball retention or his own body atm.

Makingtrax and samshere like this.
  20. Arsenio Venger

Arsenio Venger Well-Known Member

I thought Pepe was man of the match but then I saw Arteta’s hairline in post interview, gonna have to adjust

Trilly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.