• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Stoke City | April 1, 2018 13:30 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I have a genuine question here. The FA has all sorts of rules to prevent abuse originating from racism, sexual orientation, gender, physical handicap, mental handicap etc etc

Why then, I ask, does the FA happily sit on its collective backside and take no action whilst a player is victimised and persecuted - for years - for the crime of having had his leg broken? Where is the equality? Where is the pride? Where is the inclusion?

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I have a genuine question here. The FA has all sorts of rules to prevent abuse originating from racism, sexual orientation, gender, physical handicap, mental handicap etc etc

Why then, I ask, does the FA happily sit on its collective backside and take no action whilst a player is victimised and persecuted - for years - for the crime of having had his leg broken? Where is the equality? Where is the pride? Where is the inclusion?
They're corrupt wankers, simple as that.

It's a legitimate question and one that should be dealt with.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Nah mate he didn’t accept poor Ryan’s apology, deserves a non stop decade long barrage of abuse.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Cause Ryan is not that kind of guy so Aaron is at fault

Wryer

What a horrible horrible 70mins. It's the kind of performance that gets managers fired.

Stoke were clumsy enough to get us a penalty, without that I think we might just passed the ball into the dressing room at full time.

It was truly revoltingly awful. Nobody wanted to be on the pitch.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
What a horrible horrible 70mins. It's the kind of performance that gets managers fired.

Stoke were clumsy enough to get us a penalty, without that I think we might just passed the ball into the dressing room at full time.

It hurts to see Spuds playing more attractive football than us.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Just watching MOTD. Someone said John Motson had retired and I argued with about 4 people about how awful he is. Yet he done the West Ham game. You people are useless.

Arsenal v Watford was his last radio commentary after 48 years in the trade. He’s continuing on MOTD until the end of season.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Stoke chucked it in the end. We were awful, especially in midfield and bringing the ball out from the back. We have a team full of number 10s and not enough directness. We need to get the ball forward much, much quicker than we are doing.

Gegen Pressing

What a horrible horrible 70mins...

everybody has their mind already focused on thursday's europa league game vs CSKAM. No doubt this match there is nothing to play for
(even if we win all our 7 games = 21 pts and Sp**s lose more 70% of theirs 2=6pts it'd be Arsenal 72pts Sp**s 70pts. Not going to happen)

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Rewatched game,

Allen lucky not to see red for challenge on laca.

Sobhi also deliberate elbow on laca.

Disgusting team

Glad someone pointed it out. Maybe we were a touch lucky with the first pen, but Allen’s challenge was full of intent and how Sobhi got away with a blatant elbow right in front of linesman I’ll never know.

Can’t wait for these lot to go down. Dirty rugby team has no business playing PL football.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I genuinely hate Stoke! I watched the whole game but in all honesty the first 70 minutes looked like a **** show out there and I was afraid it was going to be another 0-0 or Stoke would snatch it but the boys did well to get the W and Laca looked good coming off the bench. Him and Auba seem to have a nice romance brewing - lets see the two up top together Wenger - come on!

Wryer

Stoke chucked it in the end. We were awful, especially in midfield and bringing the ball out from the back. We have a team full of number 10s and not enough directness. We need to get the ball forward much, much quicker than we are doing.

I honestly don't think the game was lethargic because of team structure. The players basically didn't want to be out there. That was the reason why they put up a performance that was sheer embarrassment.

Wryer

everybody has their mind already focused on thursday's europa league game vs CSKAM. No doubt this match there is nothing to play for
(even if we win all our 7 games = 21 pts and Sp**s lose more 70% of theirs 2=6pts it'd be Arsenal 72pts Sp**s 70pts. Not going to happen)

The team didn't play like they had an eye on a more important game. They didnt play like they were conserving energy.

They played like they can't wait for the end of season and leave.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I honestly don't think the game was lethargic because of team structure. The players basically didn't want to be out there. That was the reason why they put up a performance that was sheer embarrassment.

I find that hard to believe I'm sorry. These are guys who have sacrificed a lot to get to this level and you don't survive long at this standard if you are not professional.

You have to consider who were were playing against. They didn't push many players forward until the end. They have the 4th worst away record in all 4 divisions so the onus was on us to break them down and that's where I felt we disappointed.

Wryer

I find that hard to believe I'm sorry. These are guys who have sacrificed a lot to get to this level and you don't survive long at this standard if you are not professional.

You have to consider who were were playing against. They didn't push many players forward until the end. They have the 4th worst away record in all 4 divisions so the onus was on us to break them down and that's where I felt we disappointed.

Sure. I'd agree to disagree then.

I think we're seen many times when we got absolutely walloped when we played big teams in a gungho manner, or when we took it too easy against smaller teams and ended up stuffed. The players in these games were misguided in the approach, but you could still argue to say they were professional and had some desires. You could feel their embarassment. It wasn't the case last Sunday.

As for Stoke being defensive, sorry but I didnt even see us trying. All I saw was players who can't wait to get rid of the ball so they stay out of highlights. It was ONLY when Lacazette came on and tried harder, and suddenly the rest of the team suddenly decided - OK maybe we see what we can do to win. It wasn't a lack of quality but a sheer lack of desires.

We've had more than a few shockers in the lasg 5 years, so it isn't the game results that affects me anymore, really. But the Stoke game had a new category for me. An alarming number of the players just don't bother anymore. Win or lose, they ultimately don't worry about it, regardless of what they say on social media.

LacaNewSigning

Spot on. We used to make triangles all over the pitch so that we could weave our magic and play some beautiful football, but now we struggle to even put together 5 simple passes without gifting the ball back to the opposition. There's no structure in how we play as a team anymore, we've lost our identity as a team bcz we sure don't play good football anymore other than 5/10 mins spurts in each half.

Some serious work needs to be put in on the training pitch otherwise athletico or any decent team we get in SF of europa are going to exploit all our weaknesses in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom