• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal v Swansea City | 28/10/17 15:00 BST

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Regarding streams - I normally use Chrome but most of the time they're coming up all stuttery now. So I tried EDGE and the stream, prior to it completely disappearing as Özil broke into the box in the 90th minute, was much better than on Chrome

Edge is just as bad as other MS browsers. Chrome & Firefox still work best for me.

say yes

forum master baiter
I really like the balance of our team in this formation.

Front three were stifled today but Bellerin and Kolasinac were given so much time in the opposition third as a result. No surprise that Ramsey got another goal too.

Biggest worry at the moment is the defence. Mertesacker and Koscielny just don’t look good enough. Lucky they only cost us one goal today.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
If we have Per against City we will get absolutely wrecked. We have been playing well recently but our defence is a worry, even against smaller teams.

Cech is starting to pick up a habit of wrong decision making and unless our midfield truly does its job, we are in for a calamity against City.

They are fragile at the back but their attack is so much more potent at the moment that it somewhat negates that factor. We on the other hand are excellent going forward but lack efficiency with all the defensive weaknesses with it.

Can't see us not conceding early against them. I truly pray and hope I am wrong and the players fully turn up. Thinking about it is making my hear race.

Still, good dominant performance eclipsed by an unnecessary goal. Midfield grew stronger throughout the game but we cannot afford that against on form teams. Kolasinac easily MOTM for me, the guy was rampant. Lacazette had a decent game, don't think he had a poor one as many believe. Most strikers of his Ilk tend to be nullified against a deep defence, but he was integral to a lot of our attacks and found ways to be useful to the team when his strength was nullified. Unlucky not to get a goal, had there been more curve to Bellerins cross.

Reactions: mug

Kanonier

Today we looked so stale and predictable for about 60 minutes. We kept passing the ball sideways and back with no real threat. The reason is simple: our center midfielders are absolutely rubbish. People question our defense, which I agree is far from solid, but many of the goals we have conceded are due to simple passes given away by our midfield that result in a counterattack. If Xhaka and Ramsey pull that with City we're gonna get butt ******!

At this point I don't know what Granit Xhaka is good at. He's not a tough tackling midfield enforcer, his passes are mostly sideaways, he gets easily displaced of the ball with pressure, his long passes are great but have now diminished, and he's not even shooting from far away. We desperately need an upgrade right in the middle of the backbone of our team: a tough defensive midfielder, a high paced box-to-box midfielder, and 2 tough center backs. Would love for us to go after Radja Nainggolan (Roma) and Idrissa Gueye (Everton) or Julian Weigl (Borussia Dortmund).

mug

wump
If we have Per against City we will get absolutely wrecked. We have been playing well recently but our defence is a worry, even against smaller teams.

Cech is starting to pick up a habit of wrong decision making and unless our midfield truly does its job, we are in for a calamity against City.

They are fragile at the back but their attack is so much more potent at the moment that it somewhat negates that factor. We on the other hand are excellent going forward but lack efficiency with all the defensive weaknesses with it.

Can't see us not conceding early against them. I truly pray and hope I am wrong and the players fully turn up. Thinking about it is making my hear race.

Still, good dominant performance eclipsed by an unnecessary goal. Midfield grew stronger throughout the game but we cannot afford that against on form teams. Kolasinac easily MOTM for me, the guy was rampant. Lacazette had a decent game, don't think he had a poor one as many believe. Most strikers of his Ilk tend to be nullified against a deep defence, but he was integral to a lot of our attacks and found ways to be useful to the team when his strength was nullified. Unlucky not to get a goal, had there been more curve to Bellerins cross.

Solid analysis imhumbleo.

Xhaka still needs competition, maybe even two new holding mids, so Xhaka could move upwards on the pitch and play with the risk he desires.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Missed the match today, just seen the highlights on MOTD.

Looked really similar to the Liverpool game. Pool and Arsenal really slow in the first half. Second half, big improvement.

100% home record continues.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I find it fascinating how @Makingtrax just disappears during a match...
Couldn't watch the game today mate. The fact that you missed me was some compensation at least :lol:

Just realised you said that after Swansea scored, when you were frothing at the mouth at the thought of calling the board pigs again and Wenger and his supporters cvnts . . . your usual sophisticated banter. :lol:

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Our defense look good when we defend as unit the problem at the moment is invidual mistakes most goals we conceded this season come from us giving the ball away in stupid areas let me count 2 against Leicester (Xhaka) against stoke (Xhaka) 1 Liverpool (Bellerin) 2 against Everton (Xhaka monreal) and finally today Kosh. These 7 goals we concede this season from us giving the ball away for no reason without any pressure. Don't know if I forget other goals.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
We`ve won 13 games in a row at home now. Some of the games have been against really poor opposition but that`s still an impressive record. You`d think that a record like that should make you feel confident in your team when they play at home but I can`t really say the I do.

RoadrunnerReloaded

All said a good but not great match.
In one sense a bit emblematic of these last few years. We do just enough to maintain a certain level of consistency without going above to the point we look amazing.
It's game like this why Wenger keeps getting contract offers from the silent movie. Even if its been a long time since we consistently impressed we never go into extended downward spirals ala Chelsea with Mourinho-Eva

Mo Britain

Doom Monger

This is what I thought in the FA Cup last year.... and look what happened!

BobP

Memri Fan
Couldn't watch the game today mate. The fact that you missed me was some compensation at least :lol:

Just realised you said that after Swansea scored, when you were frothing at the mouth at the thought of calling the board pigs again and Wenger and his supporters cvnts . . . your usual sophisticated banter. :lol:

Again, how could you possibly know that? Can you observe my expression by peering through my webcam?

FYI, a posted a page full of laughing emoticons to show how laughable the situation was.

I was just curious that you never hung around for matches, it's a noticeable pattern. But it's all too unsophisticated and irrational for someone like you isn't? Someone so objective and smart..:lol:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Missed the match today, just seen the highlights on MOTD.

Looked really similar to the Liverpool game. Pool and Arsenal really slow in the first half. Second half, big improvement.

100% home record continues.

Made tactical changes according to AW , switched all play to overload to attack the left side of Swansea .

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Made tactical changes according to AW , switched all play to overload to attack the left side of Swansea .
Funnily enough that's what Klopp said. Made some small tactical changes at halftime, which got them moving faster.

How can Wenger or any Arsenal player be at all happy with that performance? It has got to the point where I feel I and the fans are being robbed of their money and time getting to the ground. I watched Xhaka walk off having contributed nothing and wondered how he can sleep at night. Either that or he has forgotten what football should be all about. It seems Arsenal and other clubs have reverted to that dreaded Italian football of the 80s where you score one goal and shut up shop, and all around giving minimum effort possible until the last 5 minutes if you are losing. Lacazette in the first half can only have run 100 yards at most. Xhaka had no intention of doing anything but walk and pass back, never playing on the half turn or coming short for the ball and running around the corner. Ramsey the same. Özil and Sanchez were a disgrace in that first half. They moved more during the minute’s silence.
It all seems so political and plastic. What happened to playing football?
Bin Xhaka and anyone who is happy playing Walking Football, or in
Lacazette’s case, Standing, and bring in Wilshere and any young lads who want to play. I’d be happy mid or lower table if I was seeing effort and joy in playing.
Professional footballers happy not even doing the most basic of team work and how to receive the ball in midfield. 3 attacking players standing still around the D with no rotation at all watching midfielders pass the ball back to the centre halves.
Passing along the back line is not recycling the ball if it is so slow the opposition do not have move.
Still, as Wenger said, 4th is a trophy. Minimum effort. Sanchez loves playing football, that is why he is leaving.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Today we looked so stale and predictable for about 60 minutes. We kept passing the ball sideways and back with no real threat. The reason is simple: our center midfielders are absolutely rubbish. People question our defense, which I agree is far from solid, but many of the goals we have conceded are due to simple passes given away by our midfield that result in a counterattack. If Xhaka and Ramsey pull that with City we're gonna get butt ******!

At this point I don't know what Granit Xhaka is good at. He's not a tough tackling midfield enforcer, his passes are mostly sideaways, he gets easily displaced of the ball with pressure, his long passes are great but have now diminished, and he's not even shooting from far away. We desperately need an upgrade right in the middle of the backbone of our team: a tough defensive midfielder, a high paced box-to-box midfielder, and 2 tough center backs. Would love for us to go after Radja Nainggolan (Roma) and Idrissa Gueye (Everton) or Julian Weigl (Borussia Dortmund).[/Q
This is what I thought in the FA Cup last year.... and look what happened!
touche!

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
How can Wenger or any Arsenal player be at all happy with that performance? It has got to the point where I feel I and the fans are being robbed of their money and time getting to the ground. I watched Xhaka walk off having contributed nothing and wondered how he can sleep at night. Either that or he has forgotten what football should be all about. It seems Arsenal and other clubs have reverted to that dreaded Italian football of the 80s where you score one goal and shut up shop, and all around giving minimum effort possible until the last 5 minutes if you are losing. Lacazette in the first half can only have run 100 yards at most. Xhaka had no intention of doing anything but walk and pass back, never playing on the half turn or coming short for the ball and running around the corner. Ramsey the same. Özil and Sanchez were a disgrace in that first half. They moved more during the minute’s silence.
It all seems so political and plastic. What happened to playing football?
Bin Xhaka and anyone who is happy playing Walking Football, or in
Lacazette’s case, Standing, and bring in Wilshere and any young lads who want to play. I’d be happy mid or lower table if I was seeing effort and joy in playing.
Professional footballers happy not even doing the most basic of team work and how to receive the ball in midfield. 3 attacking players standing still around the D with no rotation at all watching midfielders pass the ball back to the centre halves.
Passing along the back line is not recycling the ball if it is so slow the opposition do not have move.
Still, as Wenger said, 4th is a trophy. Minimum effort. Sanchez loves playing football, that is why he is leaving.
:bounce::bounce::eek::D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom