• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Tottenham | Sunday, March 14 | KO: 16:30 UTC | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
It's a bit of a strange one about the pen. Ex players, refs and even people we expect to be sympathetic to us are calling it lucky/ harsh and not a penalty and emphasising the fact that Laca missed the shot. Yet the clattering afterwards is not deemed a foul. Nobody is saying the defender should have been red carded for denying an obvious goal scoring activity. But clearly it was a foul/dangerous play and a foul resulting in a direct free kick in the box should be a penalty? But why is it that Wrighty and co cannot see that? I'm baffled. The ball was not out of play at the time of impact. Anywhere else on the field and a foul would have been given without batting an eyelid.

The thing is if it was Sir Kane on the end of that decision, the media and pundits will be falling over themselves to pontificate about how clever Harry was to get himself in between the man and the ball, and had no choice but to go down as the defender was reckless... fvcking cretins

Gegen Pressing

Arsène was like Gary Cooper in "High Noon" or one of those films where the strong silent type eventually is forced to fight. Moronho was scared.

feeling like the strong silent type myself right now.
Been real quiet out of fear of jinxing us, and it's been working so far. I do believe in karma, and had a good hunch when Mourinho went off ",I never look down the table" .

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
To me it was either no penalty or penalty plus red card

It seems like a lot of people are misunderstanding the clear cut chance rule vs direct kick in the box penalty. This was a penalty because it was a direct kick foul in their box. Not because it was a denied clear goal scoring opportunity. You’d need the clear goal scoring opportunity for it to be considered as a red + penalty.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It was a great goal by Lamela, honestly would have been kinda humiliated as an Arsenal fan if that won a derby match...but if you don't get the result you want, then it knocks the goal slightly imo.

Why I always say Dennis' best goal is Newcastle rather than Leciester...one we won the game, the other we let in a last minute equaliser...context of the goal is a factor for me.

goonergaz

Jermaine Jenas was embarrassing on MOTD2. He should not be allowed to analyse Spuds games under any circumstances. Guy was embarrassingly biased. Said Lamela's first challenge wasn't a yellow :lol:. Lamela came on with a chip on his shoulder and let his emotions get the better of him. But hey, at least he scored a good goal eh :lol:
Lamela was already pushing his luck, the follow-through is clear to see - he didn't need to make that action with his leg. Likewise the slap in the face - the action of the arm was enough for the yellow. He should have been booked before then anyway.

Riou

The visceral hatred I have for this Sp**s' team is incredible...Kane, Son, Lamela, Dier, Ali, just blind rage/disgust from me...love seeing them in pain, mentally or phyiscally.

Over the moon when they can well and truely beat, when it's by us, ****ing cloud nine :drool:

Last edited:

Keplaz

Lamela was already pushing his luck, the follow-through is clear to see - he didn't need to make that action with his leg. Likewise the slap in the face - the action of the arm was enough for the yellow. He should have been booked before then anyway.
Lamela is a hot head when he plays us. I thought he'd been sent off in the NLD before, but I maybe wrong. He was fired up from the get go. He should have been carded long before then.

goonergaz

Lamela is a hot head when he plays us. I thought he'd been sent off in the NLD before, but I maybe wrong. He was fired up from the get go. He should have been carded long before then.
I thought the unbiased Jenas said it was his first ever red card...I'm unsure how.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The visceral hatred I have for this Sp**s' team in incredible...Kane, Son, Lamela, Dier, Ali, just blind rage/disgust from me...love seeing them in pain, mentally or phyiscally.

Over the moon when they can well and truely beat, when it's by us, ****ing cloud nine :drool:
I am with you! In my book they are a **** club, with cheating, dirty players and an absolve mega **** as their manager. What is there to not dislike? Their *****ing and moaning is sweet music to my ears! :popcorn:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I thought the unbiased Jenas said it was his first ever red card...I'm unsure how.
Because the refs have allowed him that ****housery and windup merchant **** for years without punishment. Michael Oliver was the first one to make the correct call. That was why Lamela was caught by such surprise and why other refs are critical to Oliver. I am telling you, there is a really strong anti Arsenal bias among refs and the media. You can see it at work now.

Riou

Mourinho to boot!

Definitely!

But I have never hated a Sp**s team more than this one, the anger was pre Mourinho too, tbh...always hated them, but think since around 2015, it's gone up a level...honestly feel most of the players are just pure ****.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Definitely!

But I have never hated a Sp**s team more than this one, the anger was pre Mourinho too, tbh...always hated them, but think since around 2015, it's gone up a level...honestly feel most of the players are just pure ****.
But didn't you hear? They are *too nice*, the documentary said so.

o_O

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Definitely!

It's more than a feeling.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Just listened to the Sunday Supplement podcast done by Sky. They were previewing the Arsenal Sp**s game.

The bias is so clear, you can tell some of these people on the panel (there was a Sp**s fan on it but all 3 took the piss) can’t wait to criticise our team. They were tryna act like Sp**s are the best thing since sliced bread even though they have Kane + Son and reached a CL final a couple seasons ago but they’re not close to the top4.... Also, John Cross was saying Kane should stay at Tottenham even if they don’t win anything, I find it absolutely hilarious how people think that way about Sp**s players but when Arsenal were finishing in the top4 every season and getting out our group in the CL, pundits couldn’t wait to say that Arsenal don’t deserve these top players and they should move to better teams. Forget this season, Sp**s were lucky to keep Kane even a few years ago.

Is the executive producer for Sky a Sp**s fan? He absolutely has to be, I remember Emery’s first season where Merson and Sherwood embarrassed themselves when we popped them 4-2 after they named a Sp**s only combined XI. Sky pundits/journos seem to get caught up in it a lot and then get embarrassed hours later after the match finishes. The delusion reminds me of Jenas, they’re really tryna shove this ‘Sp**s are a bigger club than Arsenal’ thing down our throats.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Is the executive producer for Sky a Sp**s fan? He absolutely has to be, I remember Emery’s first season where Merson and Sherwood embarrassed themselves when we popped them 4-2 after they named a Sp**s only combined XI. Sky pundits/journos seem to get caught up in it a lot and then get embarrassed hours later after the match finishes. The delusion reminds me of Jenas, they’re really tryna shove this ‘Sp**s are a bigger club than Arsenal’ thing down our throats.
Don't take Sherwood seriously:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom