• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Watford | September 29, 2018 15:00 BST

Match Prediction for El Clasicajones

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vantastico

Against westham Everton and Watford not been convincing performance so far yes 3 wins 7 goals scored conceded 1. But better finishing from Watford and Everton it could have different story.

Mate, we've obviously got some internal struggles in the squad, but we deserved the win today. We played very well from under their heavy press in the first half, which was part of the reason they were so poor when they were attacking. They were obviously still in the game until that lucky first goal, but that's just football.

The olé's at the end were a bit much but I think we all deserved it after this rollercoaster ride of a game and the rest of the season that lies ahead.

COYG!!!!!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yea emery so next league game big Rob holding Alex Iwobi should start for mustafi and Ramsey

blaze_of_glory

Honestly Unai got to be careful here , honestly think playing Auba on the wing is destroying his form . Actually he's in danger of doing that to a few.
Yeah Auba on the wing was working a while ago (even last year) as he was still scoring, but he's really looked out of sorts there lately.

say yes

forum master baiter
We’re not playing well and we’re still winning, which is nice.

Starting Özil and Ramsey together is not so nice however. Ramsey turd again.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
This is the second penalty denied because Laca refuses to go down under a challenge. Should've had one against Everton when he was grabbed at by Idrissa Gueye. I'm also reminded about the Utd game where he didn't protest when Rojo was body checking him in the penalty box. Someone should get in his ear about this. A penalty in the first 10 minutes and this match would've been smooth sailing.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Against westham Everton and Watford not been convincing performance so far yes 3 wins 7 goals scored conceded 1. But better finishing from Watford and Everton it could have different story.

Better finishing from Arsenal and we would've beat Chelsea 7 - 3

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Bellerin, Xhaka, Özil, Lacazette all clearly have improved this season, very difficult to deny at this point.

Bellerin and Lacazette I agree. Xhaka is playing like he was 2nd half of last season, where he was good...
Özil is playing much worse than 17/18 though and definitely compared to his best form here.. I blame it mostly on Emery and his insistence on playing Ramsey at 10 though.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Honestly Unai got to be careful here , honestly think playing Auba on the wing is destroying his form . Actually he's in danger of doing that to a few.

Yes you are correct. I got it wrong I must admit, I really thought Auba could work with Lacazette (with one on the wing I must add), but I think eventually we are seeing that it would never have been a long term solution.

So from here the question is what do we do? It's tricky and in some ways I wish we bought a winger instead of Aubameyang not because I don't like him but I feel really bad seeing either him or Laca on the bench because they are both quality.

I also think that aside the 433 formation with Iwobi on one wing and perhaps Mkhitaryan (or Welbeck) on another could work really well.

It's a query indeed, a very difficult one, but that is why our manager is paid so much and he really needs to think about what to do there.

Gooner_girl14

Great game, I think we stood up to their press and intensity well. Didn’t get bullied as much as usual. Holding was fantastic, Mustafi gave needless fouls away, Xhaka looks better but still a bit of a liability and really like the look of Torreira. Think he’s settling in well and don’t think it’s a coincidence that we’ve had two straight clean sheets with him getting his first starts. Don’t like that we’re sacrificing Özil’s best position to accommodate Ramsey, and Iwobi should start ahead of Aaron anyway. Overall, we’re still very open but we are improving and look like we have more of a backbone. Wasn’t sure what to expect with Unai but so far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom