• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Watford | September 29, 2018 15:00 BST

Match Prediction for El Clasicajones

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
On the counter and defensively auba played wide. But once we had possession I saw both auba and lava coming in more centrally. Infact laca drifted out wide more than auba.

Truth is this was a huge grind of a game until the own goal. We didn't play well, we can't play out of the press esp with Xhaka and Ramsey. And Watford pressed brilliantly, hats off to them.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
We'll become the whipping boys of everyone with that formation, because it will leave teams with so much space for counters.
Well, we'd have to adjust the defensive game and resist playing out from the back with fullbacks picking their moments to bomb forward. The current structure isn't stopping us from getting whipped with waves of attacks anyway.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Cojones!!!! Happy with this win. Love that we keep grinding out these wins. Yes we have been riding our luck but we deserve it after all the **** luck we've had over the years. Come to think of it we're still having a bit of bad luck with the missed penalty calls for example.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Red Cafe in melt down. But this :lol:

Lol, but that's the thing it's not luck per say.

When you look at our team what do we have? Well...we have two strikers that don't need a lot of opportunities to score and we have midfielders that will punish the opposition when given space and have confidence.

With that no matter how badly we play we can still score goals, if it's 0-0 at 80 minutes we can still make something happen and Emery's philosophy is offensive too.

Compare that to Mou who is naturally more defensive and it means if his team goes down Utd are in real hot water lol.

That said we do need to start playing better!!

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Well, we'd have to adjust the defensive game and resist playing out from the back with fullbacks picking their moments to bomb forward. The current structure isn't stopping us from getting whipped with waves of attacks anyway.

That's true, but what you're suggesting will only make the defensive duties harder than they already are.

If Emery should try to play both of them up front, I'd think that a 4-4-1-1 like Atletico plays, where Griezmann is slightly lower in order to feed or link up with Costa, could be implemented here as well. Laca can play the Griezmann role because he's better at linking up and would set up Auba easily for 1 vs 1 with the goalkeeper.

The downside is that we're nowhere near as discliplined to play like Atletico, so we'll continue with Auba out wide, but I find that it's not really a problem that he's deployed there.

It's got more to do with him being isolated and his team mates not playing him enough into space to make use of the pace he's so well known for. That and him needing to grow a pair and be more mean when pressing and having the ball at his feet.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

No it wasn't. Watford are a legitimately good mid-table team I'd say.

Thought we handled the dangerous moments better than in the past & didn't concede when in the past we might have.

Feel like people want us not allowing anyone a chance out our goal which just won't happen. We didn't make any very bad mistakes leading to chances which is what I ask. We struggled to break them down but did eventually.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Feel like people want us not allowing anyone a chance out our goal which just won't happen. We didn't make any very bad mistakes leading to chances which is what I ask. We struggled to break them down but did eventually.

For me it's not that, though I can't speak for everyone.

The problem was that offensively we were not fluent for a lot of the match, and there were too many terrible passes. Hopefully as we become more comfortable with Emery's system that will change.

The good thing is opposed to Everton though is that as you said, we were much more defensively assured and I think it's finally coming together in regards to that.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I wouldn't count out finishing above Chelsea either. Arsenal is only one point behind them now (and will remain so if they lose to Liverpool). I think City and Liverpool are a bridge too far.

Hazard will comfortably keep Chelsea ahead of us and competing with City and Liverpool imo.. If he gets injured though that changes everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom