• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Watford | September 29, 2018 15:00 BST

Match Prediction for El Clasicajones

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemetoss

Our build-up play is not good enough. I think Unai has done a good job of setting a good structure for the team in general, but I feel we struggle getting that ball to the final third and creating good chances without relying on the opponents making mistakes. There's no real penetration unless we're on a counter.

TheArsenalis

Our build-up play is not good enough. I think Unai has done a good job of setting a good structure for the team in general, but I feel we struggle getting that ball to the final third and creating good chances without relying on the opponents making mistakes. There's no real penetration unless we're on a counter.
No we are actually quite effective getting ball in the final third

TheArsenalis

Often when watching arsenal play these days. Listening got the commentary, they always talk about our play from the back and how the keeper ended up booting it anyway.

Lol no **** as we are to insist on play out on from the back no matter the pressure.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Haha...I do not mind winning scrappy. Leicester rode their luck to win the title....just saying. We beat them twice that season too.

It has got to be annoying for the other teams around us that we keep winning.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Hazard will comfortably keep Chelsea ahead of us and competing with City and Liverpool imo.. If he gets injured though that changes everything.

Hazard is one guy. Aside from him, they don't really have goalscorers. They played well today (although Liverpool was still the better team), but they really don't have the depth or the offensive firepower to challenge City or Liverpool over the course of 38 matches.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Because Xhaka is not doing that. Actually he is playing bad. Not enough energy or pace for a dominant Box to Box... not enough dribbling and agility to do what Santi did, si he dont even build the plays. Ramsey at 2014 could do that but not now. So we need a good player there.

Could be one strong or one more like Thiago or Isco. Even someone more balanced like Kovacic but.... Xhaka is not good enough.

Even I think Iwobi could do it much better as CM than what Xhaka is doing

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Probably the best Watford side I've seen at home since the early 80s. I thought they were very good.

That being said, we gained a clean sheet, and we took our chances. One can bleet whatever one like about us playing badly, but we've been bringing the points home. And at the moment, that is all that matters....

CanadianGooner1608

Obviously, there are a lot of things to work out in the team for us to function like a well oiled machine.

That being said, I wrote at the beginning of the season that I'm willing to give Emery a year to put his stamp on the team.
But heck, I'm really happy about the way we've been getting results despite it being a transition year. This team is showing guts if not always quality. There is a hunger to get the win and a ruthlessness that kind of had dissipated over the year, and that makes me really happy.

Sometimes a game of football is not won solely on quality, but also on guts. If that's what we can do while we're still gelling, then I can't wait to see the final product, because we will be a menace for anyone.

I know some people like to complain, but the results are there, and we should enjoy them while they are.

There is little to no doubt in my mind that we will lose some games in horrific fashion. We can complain then.

Right now though... we're on a winning streak, winning games away from home as well as home games. Looking at the past season, this is already a great sign for things to come.

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason
He has improved massively on that front. He is defending, he is getting out of trouble around the middle third, he isn't getting pushed off the ball anymore... If he keeps that up there won't be much left to criticize him for tbh.

this is something I have been waiting for ....and i guess every Arsenal fan too...

Ozi entering his Bergkamp phase..... :)

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Great game for Iwobi, he was the catalyst for our surge.

And all praise to Emery. Everybody likes a slug fest. Genuinely enjoying these all out attack, end to end battles.

We’re building momentum, fans on side, team looking happy. Our squad cost is 5th, I’m daring to believe we could actually over perform and get into the top 4 now United are on self destruct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom