<

PL: Arsenal v Watford | September 29, 2018 15:00 BST

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Sep 27, 2018.

?

Match Prediction for El Clasicajones

Poll closed Sep 29, 2018.
  1. Arsenal Win

77.3%
  2. Draw

11.4%
  3. Watford Win

11.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

He's going to score , just know it .

redanddread likes this.
  2. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

reports that Emery doesn't rate Ramsey or he doesn't fit his system, yet we're shifting our best #10 out of position and marganalizing him to accomodate Ramsey, in what way does that make sense? Iwobi has started this season on great form and should start on merit, but is being left out for a player who isn't in the manager's plans and is gone in a few months? It doesn't add up.

3. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

If he doesn't, it won't be for the want of trying.

I have some sympathy for him, it's not like he's screwed the club over; they rescinded their offer. But I'm not sure that his interests align with the club's so it's odd to see him continue to start.

redanddread and celestis like this.
  4. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

Assuming that mesut moves centrally, we go from 3/4 (!) attackers out of position to only 1/4 attackers out of position.

North5 likes this.
  5. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

I do feel for him , it's humiliating for this to come out in public . However we there's two superb players sitting on the bench for no reason .

krengon, lamby22, dka91 and 2 others like this.
  6. dka91

dka91 Well-Known Member

Yeah this doesn't make much sense; not that it precludes Ramsey from doing well but we're shifting our best 10 out of position to facilitate him when he is leaving?

celestis likes this.
  7. Jackie_Treehorn

Jackie_Treehorn Well-Known Member

“Lacazette in on Foster...AND RAMSEY STUMBLES IN...EMPTY NET FOR RAMSEYOVERTHEBAR!!! Incredible missed opportunity for...Lacazette(?)”

celestis likes this.
  8. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

It's now just banter from Emery.

Iwobi has been outstanding. Mkhitaryan has been much more comfortable than Özil on the right. Ramsey has been average and is going to leave.

At least he's now starting Torreira.

9. Big Poppa

Is it?

Have you been watching both this season?

dka91 likes this.
  10. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

We need to win our home games, because we are not looking great against the Top Teams.

11. redanddread

redanddread The stone that the builders refuse

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  12. skip spence

skip spence Well-Known Member

Ramsey is very decisive in the final third for himself and for others and offers the team a lot in many other areas as well. I like him better at btb but he’s not far behind Özil as an AM IMO. Not nearly as technical obviously but has the edge on Mesut in many other areas.

Mhiki is also productive but he’s a bottler, can’t shoot and is a non entity defensively. Iwobi is a bottler too, one of the worst I’ve seen. ****s his pants just about any time he gets into the pen area.

13. MikeVinna

MikeVinna Well-Known Member

Goddamn Ramsey pisses me off. I dont even care if he plays a perfect match he should be nowhere near starting for us.

Glad to see Torreira and Laca again. Hope Holding uses this opportunity to impress.

14. dka91

dka91 Well-Known Member

Tbh even IF Ramsey were staying I'd either play him next to Torreira (which may work, infact it might be good), or not at all.

I wouldn't continue to shoehorn him into his non preferred position, thereby forcing Özil out wide and stopping us from playing someone like Iwobi or Mkhitayan (who are our best wide options).

That said watch him score a hattrick now just to p*ss on this lol.

15. redanddread

redanddread The stone that the builders refuse

Arsenal fans taking over the NBC fan show....drowning out Robbie & Kyle who are trying to discuss Sp*rs. Surprised we haven't heard the "What do you think of Tottenham.....SH*T!" chant.

16. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Watford always will want to beat us physically specially in midfield hopefully our mid be strong

17. MikeVinna

MikeVinna Well-Known Member

Anyone have a stream?

18. Big Poppa

I'm wondering the same

19. skip spence

skip spence Well-Known Member

Not Iwobi tbh. I remember him as a 3 PL goals a season attacker.

20. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Planes, Trains & Social Media Rants

Jesus, just seen the United result. Humiliating players really does screw up the squad cost correlation. :lol:

Jackie_Treehorn and dka91 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.