• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal v West Bromwich Albion | 25/09/17 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
If there ever was a quintessential unconvincing Arsenal win, it's this one. Let's not let the three points gloss over the fact that, for most of the match, West Brom had us on the back foot. We looked much more comfortable after the pen but we should've had the composure to dispatch mid table opposition at home with little to no effort.
And yet West Brom were above us before the match. We are not top contenders at the moment.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If there ever was a quintessential unconvincing Arsenal win, it's this one. Let's not let the three points gloss over the fact that, for most of the match, West Brom had us on the back foot. We looked much more comfortable after the pen but we should've had the composure to dispatch mid table opposition at home with little to no effort.

Aside from the fact it's another tedious season in the making I'll take solace in Lacazette/Kolasinac already exceeding expectations & Monreal enjoying an Indian summer that's seen him as our most dependable CB.
I'm not sure what game you watched. We held them at arms length for 80 minutes and at key moments our players stood up be it Monreals clearance, Ramsey winning a penalty or Lacazette being quickest to react to a well hit free kick.

At one nil a game like that will always be tight. Said it pre match a clean sheet will be a huge bonus for us, that strikers win games and defenders win championships. United and Chelsea have done it for years winning one nil a Cech wonder save get a second kill the game.

I'm more worried about games like Leicester as an unconvincing win. Ultimately a win is a win and let's enjoy it.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

And yet West Brom were above us before the match. We are not top contenders at the moment.

Which is why we should throw everything at the EL, there's no way this team is getting back into the CL through the league. The current top 5 will outscore us and gather more points over the season.

We're challenging for fourth and praying that Sp*rs inability to win at Wembley & Liverpool's defense letting them down constantly add up for us to sneak in at the death.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I'm not sure what game you watched. We held them at arms length for 80 minutes and at key moments our players stood up be it Monreals clearance, Ramsey winning a penalty or Lacazette being quickest to react to a well hit free kick.

At one nil a game like that will always be tight. Said it pre match a clean sheet will be a huge bonus for us, that strikers win games and defenders win championships. United and Chelsea have done it for years winning one nil a Cech wonder save get a second kill the game.

I'm more worried about games like Leicester as an unconvincing win. Ultimately a win is a win and let's enjoy it.

I've no qualms about that, it's just that they managed to get behind us on more than a few occasions. Why couldn't we replicate the discipline that saw us gain our first point at Stamford Bridge since 2011?

My problem comes with enjoying this win but never exactly knowing when the next debacle will show up.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Which is why we should throw everything at the EL, there's no way this team is getting back into the CL through the league. The current top 5 will outscore us and gather more points over the season.

We're challenging for fourth and praying that Sp*rs inability to win at Wembley & Liverpool's defense letting them down constantly add up for us to sneak in at the death.
Trouble is, United are much better than last year at the moment. It' early days, but we need to keep this string of good results going, can't afford to slip up after losing two of the first 3 matches.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
I woke up to Pulis moaning on the radio about the injustice of it all. No pen given for them, one given for us and Sanchez diving for the free kick that led to their first goal. He mentioned that Sanchez dived several times, what he should be saying is that the ref was s@@t but he daren't say that.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I woke up to Pulis moaning on the radio about the injustice of it all. No pen given for them, one given for us and Sanchez diving for the free kick that led to their first goal. He mentioned that Sanchez dived several times, what he should be saying is that the ref was s@@t but he daren't say that.
The toss pot doesn't even know that it was Elneny who was fouled, not Sanchez.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
  • Wenger has won all 11 of his home games against teams managed by Pulis, 10 in the Premier League and one FA Cup game at Highbury in 2005.
Wenger has Pulis by the balls.
Hope @Trilly reads this, he keeps a record of which manager has another's number.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Don't think there's anything remarkable about the ref being poor. Have you seen the number of City offside goals recently?

What's most unusual is that some of the decisions went our way. :lol:

BobP

Memri Fan
  • Wenger has won all 11 of his home games against teams managed by Pulis, 10 in the Premier League and one FA Cup game at Highbury in 2005.

Really?

Wenger's away record to Pulis begs to differ.

We've only managed to win once in the past 7 fixtures away to a Pulis side, 4 losses and 2 draws.

Think you should correct your statement by saying:

"Wenger has Pulis by the balls, when facing him at home".

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Don't think there's anything remarkable about the ref being poor. Have you seen the number of City offside goals recently?

What's most unusual is that some of the decisions went our way. :lol:
Reffing seems to be getting worse, don't know if that's just my perception. We are owed a few, just for Xhaka getting sent off for a foul that no pundit could really justify except that they're new rules, only to see far worse fouls going unpunished with a card, sometimes not even a free kick. Don't care about whinging Pulis, we won he lost, get over it, move on.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Reffing seems to be getting worse, don't know if that's just my perception. We are owed a few, just for Xhaka getting sent off for a foul that no pundit could really justify except that they're new rules, only to see far worse fouls going unpunished with a card, sometimes not even a free kick. Don't care about whinging Pulis, we won he lost, get over it, move on.
And Costa not getting sent off for pushing Kos over, sanctions were taken later of course. But too late because Gabriel was sent off for defending Kos. :lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Good win, but it is one of those wins when after final whistle, you feel furious of all those missed chances.

With some better finishing, we could've easily win this 5-0 if Ramsey, Sanchez and Xhaka knew where the goal was.
I think we just have to accept that the days of hammering PL sides a few times a season are gone for us.

We're not far away from that level tbf, but we just don't have the clear cut chance creation or finishers in the squad at the moment.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
What you didn't mention - his away record is played 7, won 1, drawn 2, lost 5. Pretty terrible.

So he's got him by one ball, the one that sits closer to North London.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I think we just have to accept that the days of hammering PL sides a few times a season are gone for us.

We're not far away from that level tbf, but we just don't have the clear cut chance creation or finishers in the squad at the moment.

True but it's not not as much that we don't create chances, but we had(ve) huge problems at finishing.
Compare United of last season to this. Last season they were struggling to finish and drew so many matches, while this season they're scoring for fun.

The last games where we won convincingly in the league were all away: West Ham (1-5), Swansea (0-4) and Hull City (1-4).

One could also add Chelsea, but that is more like a phenomenon as we struggle against big sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom