• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Arsenal 3 - 1 Aston Villa | Friday 22nd October | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Leno, Tomi, White, Gabriel, Tierney, Partey, Elneny, Ode, Auba, Lacazette Martinelli

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
View attachment 4839Unless we raise our game considerably I can’t see a win here. In fact I think we’ll most probably lose.
I like the diamond, but I find it interesting that Ødegaard plays on the right for Norway. He can't carry the ball centrally. The 10 needs to be able to run beyond and run with the ball.

Ødegaard presents a conundrum. He needs to be in the right half space with players he can combine with and runners he can set free. So having a full back at right back that can't attack basically means he can't play a reverse ball for someone to get to the byline on their dominant foot.

--------------Lacazette-----Saka
Tierney--ESR----Ødegaard------AMN
--------------------Partey
---------Gabriel---White--Tomiyasu

There is a strange emphasis on Arsenal fans for ESR and Ødegaard to be 10s and have the freedom. Personally I want Saka to have the freedom. He wouldn't be playing up front, but when Nagelsmann was at Hoffenheim he used the above formation with Gnabry in the same role. I think they are quite similar, goals aside.

It gives you AMN with genuine width. Saka to drift wide and with Ødegaard in that right half space with options. The left side has combinations also.

We will see the same boring formation. A 4231 with a rb who becomes a cb and a cm who becomes a left back leaving Partey by himself in the middle.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Their record this season is very close to ours, but they've conceded 5 less goals than us.

On our current form, it's a toss up.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Look like Saka won't make it for tomorrow game Arteta say he still not trained but will be assessed tomorrow. The rest of squad are fine.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
With mikel i think he'll use ESR as LW and get Ødegaard as AM. Wouldn't surprise Elneny play Lokonga doesn't seem fully ready and not settled with team.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Not that I even want us to win or think lineups will make a difference but I hope a bit of pressure might force Arteta to be a bit more adventurous (unlikely as it is)

Ramsdale
Tomi White Gabriel Tavares
Partey
Ødegaard Smith-Rowe
Pepe Laca Auba​

Gunners1616

Partey alone in the midfield just doesn't work... Rather have Elneny playing there with him. At least we will be harder to beat with that duo.

Either way i don't expect any decent football until Mikel leaves.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I really don't think we are going to win this. Our press is patchy and inefficient, our change creation is poor, our play is slow.

I'm at that point where I am a bit tired when it comes to individual player critique. Most of these guys have been fine under other managers.

Don't know what I want to see really, and unlike previous eras, the Arsenal result will no longer make or break my weekend.

Sold my tickets so I can see a mate from up north. 37 pounds each. No doubt the club will take a big chunk in handling fees. Nothing endearing about modern Arsenal.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Poor recent record against them, Martinez X-Factor, painful evening ahead. Doesn't even get better... Leicester away is following PL match.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Not that I even want us to win or think lineups will make a difference but I hope a bit of pressure might force Arteta to be a bit more adventurous (unlikely as it is)

Ramsdale
Tomi White Gabriel Tavares
Partey
Ødegaard Smith-Rowe
Pepe Laca Auba​
Why do you hate partey? Playing in alone in midfield against a team that plays 3 central midfielders. This ofegaard nonsense has gotta stop. We bought him as an attacking midfielder and it’s clear he isn’t cutting it there, so he play him central midfield where he has zero strength, pace or defensive understanding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom