• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Aston Villa |Sunday 22nd September | KO 16:30 | Not Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

9jagooner

The kind of attitude we showed at 1-2 is the kind of attitude I want to see in every game. Even if we are poor defensively, we should go into every match with the midset of 'We CANNOT LOSE THIS GAME', whether home and away. Fight for every ball at least in your half and let the opposition work for the points.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
I genuinely don’t understand why Willock isn’t a starter? What just because he’s young or doesn’t have a transfer fee?

You need athleticism in midfield in this league, why doesn’t Emery understand this?

Maybe because he started on Thursday? Saka was MOTM and he plays in a position we have no real starter for, so I’d be tough justifying leaving him out, but seeing as Dani and Matteo started after not playing in the EL you think it was just midfield rotation. (Ignoring Xhaka obviously who, unfortunately, is seen as a nailed on starter.)

Kav

Established Member
I'm glad we won but still peeved about the watford result, we should be 2 points better.

That being said the lads did well today to come from behind, being a man down. Its a good look.

On the other hand we did not control the flow of the game with the set up we had from the start. The first goal was a lack of concentration from the entire midfield and defense. To be fair far too often our midfield leaves the defense exposed.

However Matteo was good, Lucas injected energy, Willock as well. Congrats to Pepe on his first goal. Hopefully he kicks on and goes on a run. We did well inspire of ourselves... its actually rather conflicting feeling.

Emery has until October to sort this out because he won't last during the grueling winter season with this current set up. I'm not surprised though, he's an inferior manager to Wenger. Truth be told what we are seeing now is what anyone with an eye should have been able to see.

The Players had been letting down the last manager and they are not doing this one any favours defensively. Emery has a lot of work to do and he needs to drop this Diamond crap. Stop playing Midfielders at Right Back and give your best midfielder game time. Also, sokratis and quiz cannot play a two man central defense, they need a third, so either bring in holding or put in chambers or mustafa.

Lastly only bring on Xhaka if all our midfielders are injured, sighs.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
It good in paper the problem we sewm error-prone club
That's because of the type of player we have signed. We have a chance to play three no nonsense British defenders and a RB and GK who have been with us some time. The tomfoolery of Sokratis,Luiz and Mustafi can be reduced by them not playing. With Kola and AMN, it's a basic lack of quality.

Fallout

great result. the sad takeaway for me is we looked 10x better when the players abandoned emery's tactics and just played football.

the way i saw it, guendouzi's rage fueled 30 minutes of "total football", where several players (most notably guendo, but also luiz, torreira, willock, and auba) were essentially positionless and thus popping up everywhere on the pitch, doing whatever it took to win.

it's pretty damning on emery that this chaotic style of football trumps any of his tactical ideas.

Mohamed7

Why does that **** Andy Gray hate us?? And the other **** ****ing hell talking so much about Papa's handball.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Still we are 5th worse defense in the league :(. 10 goals conceded in 6 games i just half solid defense for 1 season ffs

GunnerUK

Aston Villa had the highest net spend this summer. This was a fantastic result by Emery, this bout of giant killing is yet another big game result to put on his resume.

Fantastic result.

We’re just rewarding Mediocrity we shouldn’t have been in a position where were chasing the game with 10 man getting stupid yellow cards. Look how quick we conceded after Equalising total lack of concentration and Discipline in defence. If PEA didn’t score that free kick to make it 3-2 the entire attitude on this forum would be different. We’ve been a Disaster all season I’ve seen nothing to suggest we’re making top 4 Comfortably.

Our only Consolation is Sp**s, Utd, Chelsea are playing like utter **** hence why we sit 4th. Anything less then 3 points @ old Trafford is not good enough for me - am I confident of course not they’ll find a way to seal points against us and we’ll make it easy for them

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
great result. the sad takeaway for me is we looked 10x better when the players abandoned emery's tactics and just played football.

the way i saw it, guendouzi's rage fueled 30 minutes of "total football", where several players (most notably guendo, but also luiz, torreira, willock, and auba) were essentially positionless and thus popping up everywhere on the pitch, doing whatever it took to win.

it's pretty damning on emery that this chaotic style of football trumps any of his tactical ideas.
:rofl::lol:. The last part is so sadly too true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom