• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Aston Villa | Sunday 8th November| 19:15 GMT| Illegal Streams

Who’s the better keeper?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

0_Arsenal-Villa.png

It’s the one the world’s been waiting for. The most talked about clash since Mayweather vs Pacquiao is coming to your screen for the bargain price of £14.95 nothing when you watch it on an @American_Gooner sourced illegal stream.

bernd-leno-emiliano-martinez.png

Forget about Trump vs Biden or Pep vs Klopp. The fight of the week is Leno vs Emi.

maxresdefault.jpg

In the red corner, our cold blooded, lederhosen wearing thoroughbred with a dodgy haircut who famously said after vanquishing Liverpool “I am the number one, I was always the number one.”

He is our Ivan Drago, a front runner who’s had superiority drilled into him before he could hold a Schnitzel.

In the claret & blue corner, the darling of AM and perennial underdog, it’s Emi “El Muro” Balbao. He bounced around Europe on loan before improbably turning into prime Buffon overnight and started in our FA Cup triumph before Arteta banished him to the Midlands.

A chance for both men to show why they should have kept the gloves against some of the top PL attacking footballers in Aubameyang, Grealish and erm... Ollie Watkins?

There are 20 other players involved beyond the keepers so let’s guess who we’ll put out.

1831159_Arsenal.jpg

With AMN starting tonight I’m expecting him not to play on Sunday so maybe we’ll see a back four with Gabriel and Mikel’s son Holding. Pray for no Mustafi.

Midfield I think Saka is a no brainer and I don’t see Lacazette getting benched after he didn’t feature tonight so dread it, run from it, Aubameyang on the left still arrives. Probably Pepe on the right as he outperformed Willian today.

As for Villa they’ve got some good firepower this year to back up Grealish. Spent big on Watkins and Bertrand Traore as well as an underrated midfield of McGinn and Douglas Luiz behind Ross Barkley.

Defence is iffy to me, not a fan of Mings and Konsa while promising has a gaff in him. Cash has been up and down as well. They’ve let in 7 in their last two games so they’re not exactly watertight.

Injury Doubts

Only Calum Chambers who’s been in first team training now for over two weeks after his year long absence but I’d be surprised if he features on Sunday.

Pablo Mari will return after the international break apparently and Gabriel Martinelli might be back just before the new year so barring any injuries from tonight it’s almost a clean bill of health.

Last edited:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don't really rate Willian but we've not got many options. Pepe played the full 90 so I'm guessing he won't start but I'd start him. I'd go with:

Leno
Bellerin - Holding - Gabriel - Tierney
El-Neny - Partey
Pepe - Willian - Saka
Auba​

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...a Mes masterclass at number 10, Big Wengz still in the dugout, winning trophies with Wengerball.

@GDeep™ how were you feeling during these times?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
In the red corner, our cold blooded, lederhosen wearing thoroughbred with a dodgy haircut who famously said after vanquishing Liverpool “I am the number one, I was always the number one.”

He is our Ivan Drago, a front runner who’s had superiority drilled into him before he could hold a Schnitzel.

In the claret & blue corner, the darling of AM and perennial underdog, it’s Emi “El Muro” Balbao. He bounced around Europe on loan before improbably turning into prime Buffon overnight and started in our FA Cup triumph before Arteta banished him to the Midlands.

A1ZueF.gif

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Villa just lost 2 games at home conceded 7 goals might the best time play them they look out of form but we are capable of f**king things up when we favorites i think it'll be close game.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arteta will go with same line up that won against Manutd. would prefer Ceballos ahead of elneny here because we want to create chances.

Manberg

Predator
Someone on AM said Martinez was our best keeper since Seaman. Better than Lehman... imagine that.

I want us to put 5 goals past him to shut those Martinez fan boys up, and Leno to keep a clean sheet. Nothing against Martinez personally but I support the Arsenal. Martinez left because he wanted to leave, screw him. This is the game to put the Martinez comparisons to bed once and for all. Leno and the team, over to you.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

I don’t even want to know how long it took the OP to create this match thread. Must have been his entire Thursday, but boy is it brilliant!

They’ll work us, grealish will cause us problems and Martinez will make some saves, but I think we’ll edge it regardless. 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom