• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Blackburn | 14/12/03

lodi

GREAT!!! a tough game but we managed to come out on top..i hope we stay first for the rest of the season.

Taozhe

CYGAN WAS MAGNIFICENT TODAY!!! Played extremely well!!!

Henry was below par but did well enuff. its unlucky both henry and pires didnt get on the score sheet.

kajej

Henry was not up to his standards.. he hasnt scored in the pat 3 premiership matches..he isnt playing a striker position at all..i mean ljumberg got the ball on the right flank and instead of going to the middle of the box to recieve a corss Henry went all the way to the left area of the penalty box..we are in desperate need of a Fox in the box..The best players preforming were our deffense along with Lehman ..our midfield never really got control over the game..

johe

Lehmann was excellent today, did many simple things well, and made a real life saver at one point. :D

JazzG

Established Member
I watched the most of the game and we were really good in the first half from what I saw. In the 2nd half I don't know what happened. We were all over the place. Vieira looked like he had run a marathan before the match or something, he looked shattered. We were trully terrible but like all good teams we held on.

Pires was very good, easily our best attacking player today. A constant threat and came back to help out. Made one glorious run but was taken out by Todd who I felt should of been off as he had blatently pushed Henry in the penalty box and got away with it.

Henry had an ok game. Made some great runs and some superb passes, nearly set up a few goals himself. Not his usual high standard but still damn good. He didn't play that well and still was a thorn in their side. Missed one good chance when it was pulled back to him, he had time to take a touch and shoot, he shot straight away and it was straight at Friedal.

Freddie was solid as usual and Gilberto was ok as well. Bergkamp went missing in the 2nd half and gave the ball away so cheaply. Lehmann was the man today, ****ing superb. Every cross he took with authority, he looked solid today.

Our defense was superb. If they play like this every week I think we have the best back 4 in the league. Blackburn attacked bloody well, against a lesser team they would of scored at least 2 or 3. Our back 4 were superb though. Cygan and Toure were out of this world. Those 2 were simply brilliant. Cole and Campbell were rock solid as well, Cole made some glorious tackles and saved us a few times.

Not a good performance but a win. That will do me

flotz

there's neverleague games with tickets unsold but sometimes theres less attendance i dont know why
in the loko game there was only 34000 and it was a big game...maybe security reason

jeremiesgirl

Pleased with todays result, 3 valuable points to put us top of the table! Looked a bit scrappy at the beginning but Arsenal held off well. We should have scored more goals but the win is what matters. How many times did Blackburn tackle out players and get away with it though!!!

Lehman was magnificent, also impressed with Pires, Cygan and Toure. Felt sorry for Pires, he had SO many excellent chances but the luck just wasn't with him. Freddie also payed well especially in the first half.

And well done to Bergie on scroing today - good to see him on the score sheet :)

jeremiesgirl

Yes I have to say I was surprised not to see Ali & Wiltord on the bench. They are not down as injured anywhere so I presume that Wenger is resting them for Tuesday's carling cup match against West Brom. I would have thought one of them would have at least had a run out...but then again Kanu didn't come on anyway today so maybe it was the best decision - we'll see Tuesdsay 8)

Jinn

Established Member
CL games only ever sell 34000 because of advertising and safety reasons.

Henry wasn't helped by dodgy offside decisions by the way.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom