• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Blackburn | 14/12/03

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Good Atmosphere today; quality run frpm Kolo & goal; frpm Bergy.

But we didn't score the second and tightened up in the second half.

Pires was great too, apart from his heading ability :evil: ; Henry was poor by his standards and missed a couple of sitters :evil: :evil:

Vieira made Gilberto look good today but needs to recover that fitness. Hope he plays a part against the baggies on Tuesday.

But a good result in the end.

We are top of the league!

:angel

A

Anonymous

Crap performance, right result.

Im getting a little worried about the quality of our finishing. We are making so many chances, but we just cant seem to stick them away, especailly at home.
We need a goal scorer, an out and out box player. Kluivert is the man for us.

A

Anonymous

3 points. Thank you very much

However todays game showed that:

1. Quality Midfielder needed. Giberto is ****. Makes me wonder how on earth he gets to play

2. Quality striker needed. - Kezman

Henry was playing as his head was up his ass, thinking i won the fifa award. Not with this display

Vieria was not sharp, but will get better

Pires & Lundberg were back to their best

A

Anonymous

potterarsenal said:
i said you were lucky and stick by that
and i say keep your blinkers on and maybe Man U will play rubbish all the time.
If your on about missed chances look at Utds they should and could have had 10 and city 2
Just like last season you sould have lost and we sould have won, grow UP!.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

henry_14 said:
3 points. Thank you very much

However todays game showed that:

1. Quality Midfielder needed. Giberto is ****. Makes me wonder how on earth he gets to play

2. Quality striker needed. - Kezman

Henry was playing as his head was up his ass, thinking i won the fifa award. Not with this display

Vieria was not sharp, but will get better

Pires & Lundberg were back to their best

I agree there was something dodgy about Titi's performance today.

He was trying to score that "super cool" goal, pass it into the net, show how he lives on another planet.

I reckon he's got the nod about World player of the year. You heard it here first!

I can forvive Pires his 2 "headers" (and I use that term in the loosest sense) cos that was hardly ever his forte.

But I'll admit Scholes would have buried both of them.

jc8gooner

Yes I have to say I was surprised not to see Ali & Wiltord on the bench.
You can only put 5 people on the bench. One a goalie, one a defender and then you have a choice-either 2 strikers and 1 midfielder or 2 midfielders and 1 striker. Wenger figured it would be a tight game, he chose to go with 2 midfielders with Edu and Parlour in case we had to protect a lead.

Wiltord and Ali will prob both play on Tuesday anyway.

JazzG

Established Member
Paddy looked shattered to me. Maybe after 2 months out Paddy possibly wasn't ready for 3 games in 12 days. He looked out of breath very quickly to me and looked like he couldn't cope! A good weeks rest will do him a world of good.

Henry also didn't look right, looked tired at times and full of energy at other times :? He was marked very tightly and had no up with him, we can't expect him to take everyone on every week!

Was well pleased with freddie and Pires though.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Henry didn't have a bad game but I agree that today wasn't one of his better games. Freddie looks back to his best. He was making a lot of roving runs from a more central position. Lehmann's handling was superb. He looked so assured and composed. Cygan also had a good game for once.

Kyla

Quite clearly Henry wasn't at his best today, and it would be daft to expect miracles week in and out, but is Monday's award playing on his mind? I hope not, otherwise if he wins it it could be the undoing of a great player. He might feel burdened to do something exceptional every time he gets the ball. It might go to his head. As Tony Gale once said "Thierry plays his football on a different planet but there are times when he thinks he is ON a different planet."

Adam

Established Member
Tony Gale is not always correct. If he is saying Thierry is big headed and arrogant then he is wrong.

Kyla

Adam to be honest Gale said that on "occassions" he thinks he's from a different planet, which let's be honest here, we all know he has a hint of arrogance, but that's part of the Henry package- it's what makes him special. I just fear that winning this award will have the averse effect on Thierry. He may be unsettled by everything that has surrounded him of late- all of which emanates from being named a potential world player of the year- Chelsea's supposed antics over the week, Real Madrid and Ronaldo's claims, Barca continously sticking their oar in.

JazzG

Established Member
When he won the player of the yr award in england he was very humble. He payed tribute to his team mates and gave an emotional speech about Wenger and how he helped him. Almost had a tear in my eye watching it :!:

One of Henry's main quality is that no matter how much people sing his praises he never gets big headed. After the milan match he was like **** my performance we got the result. When the media asked wenger about fergies comments about us being a one man side he said those comments would hurt Henry as he always fights for the team.

R.Madrid have tried to get him in the past as well, they failed then and will fail now. Henry loves this club too much to walk out on us.

Henry does play with arrogence on the pitch, all great players do. Usually he pulls off those fancy tricks, that is why he is No.1 in the world right now 8)

arsena1

souness's comments

this might be out of the blue but I'm curious as to what souness's comment meant

Blackburn's Markus Babbel got the ball in the net in the second half but it was ruled out for a push on Kolo Toure. Souness said: 'Had it been at the Stretford End or the Kop or the North Bank it might have stood.'

I'm not from England so there must be something I missed.

Andrew

What the f*ck is with this criticism of Henry? He tried as hard as any yesterday and did not have his head up his arse like some of you say. Complete bollocks. So many times he beat the defenders and was wrongly called off-side. And it's his style to play casually. What nonsense. He didn't play his best but still played very well. Do you really think that he should set up and score 3 goals per match? Look at Zidane, Ronaldo, Nedved, Schevchenko... they have off-days as well and if this is Henry's off day then there is no doubt he's the best in the world.

And what do people think of our current back 4? On this seasons for I think we should stick with it. Or at least it should give Lauren the wake up call that he needed.

n_henry

Our back four is looking pretty good right now... 2 clean sheets in a row (CL and PL)... 8)

As for the Henry criticism :roll: I guess we just expect so much from him....

But that said, he hasn't scored in the league for a while now... :shock: But he will again soon. :D

quattro

im really getting sick about all the crap criticism about henry. if he scores, we're too dependent on him, if he doesn't then he is not good... phooey!

Top Bottom