• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Bolton Wanderers | 20/03/04

A

Anonymous

patrick42uk said:
christ, all this negativity. you'd think we were liverpool struggling to get fourth spot, rather than leading by nine points and unbeaten! maybe its the standard that has been set this season by the players that now our fans have become stuck up and a 'mere' 2-1 victory is not enough.

i believe our players respond to different challenges in different ways. bolton and chelsea are different challanges and they will play in different ways. Against bolton i believe any team with a two goal cushion would ease off, especially with a big european encounter in mind. Against chelsea there would be more focus as we know they are a better team than bolton, as our victories against them this season have shown.

Yeah, but if we have played badly I am going to say we have played badly. I support the team for 90 minutes during the game, but after it there is no harm in being negative, no matter how well we are doing.

I dont think I have seen worse performances this season that Davies and Campo gave. They were so poor it was untrue. Yet we struggled agianst them. We need a big improvement Wednesday.

slapz

Sol said:
slapz said:
Sol said:
I take it you never saw, or overlooked their disgraceful tactics against us last year.

I take it you will be hoping for a Bolton win tomorrow then?

I didnt see it.

AND why would I be hoping for a Bolton win tomorrow? ( you're not gonna start this " I'm more of a gooner than you " sh*te again are ya )

No, but your pro Bolton postings whenever we play them makes me wonder. You didnt see what they did to our players last year and you claim to be a gooner? hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm.

Anyway we were s***e yesterday in patches and great in others. It was the Charlton game all over again. It is simple though - we play against Chelsea in the second half as we have in our last two games we will lose.

Toure was just brilliant. It didnt show on the Premiership these two length of the field runs he went on. His pace, power and skill was frightening.

Lehmann was crap yesterday. I know it was windy, but still his handling and decision making was very poor. If Chelsea saw the game yesterday, which I would have thought they did, their gameplan will be to drop balls under our crossbar all day with players in and around him. He couldnt cope yesterday.

You mean just cos some person called Sam and I disagreed.. FFS, i can like my home town team cant I or is that against the rules?

Personally, I don't give a f**k what you believe Mr " I go to every game home and away ". Is this cos I gave my season ticket away to a mate for the season??

Tell me, why would a Bolton fan be a season ticket holder at Highbury for the past 9 seasons?

Would you like me to say " Arsenal were absolutely awesome at the Reebok earlier this season and were totally dominating the game " and " It was too easy at Highbury yesterday " ????

Webdesignlab

Established Member
No one could say that Slapz aint 100% Gooner. This is getting silly.

Sol, I usually like your stuff ... relax man.

Bolton are one of those teams that we find hard to deal with. As long as we win....

That hard tackling bull game is a pain for our creative talent, we must learn to deal with that I must admit.

Manure may try this kind game against us ... they will be very desperate. Giggs, Butt, and Fergie will all be playing for their careers. We may get a red or two in that match, plus a few injuries ... that is how they will try to derail us from the treble. Playing us on a level field will result in them losing and they know this ... it could be like the Somme on that pitch.

A

Anonymous

slapz said:
Sol said:
slapz said:
Sol said:
I take it you never saw, or overlooked their disgraceful tactics against us last year.

I take it you will be hoping for a Bolton win tomorrow then?

I didnt see it.

AND why would I be hoping for a Bolton win tomorrow? ( you're not gonna start this " I'm more of a gooner than you " sh*te again are ya )

No, but your pro Bolton postings whenever we play them makes me wonder. You didnt see what they did to our players last year and you claim to be a gooner? hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm.

Anyway we were s***e yesterday in patches and great in others. It was the Charlton game all over again. It is simple though - we play against Chelsea in the second half as we have in our last two games we will lose.

Toure was just brilliant. It didnt show on the Premiership these two length of the field runs he went on. His pace, power and skill was frightening.

Lehmann was crap yesterday. I know it was windy, but still his handling and decision making was very poor. If Chelsea saw the game yesterday, which I would have thought they did, their gameplan will be to drop balls under our crossbar all day with players in and around him. He couldnt cope yesterday.

You mean just cos some person called Sam and I disagreed.. FFS, i can like my home town team cant I or is that against the rules?

Personally, I don't give a f**k what you believe Mr " I go to every game home and away ". Is this cos I gave my season ticket away to a mate for the season??

Tell me, why would a Bolton fan be a season ticket holder at Highbury for the past 9 seasons?

Would you like me to say " Arsenal were absolutely awesome at the Reebok earlier this season and were totally dominating the game " and " It was too easy at Highbury yesterday " ????

Ok fair enough. I didnt know that, sorry if ive pissed you off. And I dont go home and away every week.
But I cant understand how you can stick up for their manager all the time, and I dont believe for one minute that you missed their tactics last year, come on.

slapz

Sol said:
Ok fair enough. I didnt know that, sorry if ive pissed you off. And I dont go home and away every week.
But I cant understand how you can stick up for their manager all the time, and I dont believe for one minute that you missed their tactics last year, come on.

Yeah but most teams scrapping at the bottom play like that

I stick up for Sam cos me n the missus have actually met him and Mrs Allardyce at a restaurant we went to in 2001. He didnt mind the wife going up to their table and asking for an autograph, he seemed like a nice guy and I've liked him ever since ( my gran used to tell me how she loved watching Big Sam play so thats another reason why I like him ). I also like Claudio Ranieri cos he makes me laugh and I dont like how he is threatened with the sack every week but thats doesnt mean I'm a Chelsea fan.

I do like Bolton yeah cos its my home town and Bolton doing well has a great feel good factor about the town ( when they were 8th a few months back and beat Villa to reach the cup final ).

The only reason I do get peeved off when ppl say that I aint a gooner is because I have 4 kids under 4 years old and I was giving up time I could spend with them to travel 300 miles each way to watch 90 mins of Arsenal so to be accused of not being an arsenal fan or " A Bolton fan who just wants arsenal to do well to stop Man U winning trophies " really annoys me

slapz

Webdesignlab said:
No one could say that Slapz aint 100% Gooner. This is getting silly.

Sol, I usually like your stuff ... relax man.

Bolton are one of those teams that we find hard to deal with. As long as we win....

That hard tackling bull game is a pain for our creative talent, we must learn to deal with that I must admit.

Manure may try this kind game against us ... they will be very desperate. Giggs, Butt, and Fergie will all be playing for their careers. We may get a red or two in that match, plus a few injuries ... that is how they will try to derail us from the treble. Playing us on a level field will result in them losing and they know this ... it could be like the Somme on that pitch.

Ole Solskjaer is in the starting line up so Arsène better tied up Campbell's arms so solskjaer's face doesnt catch his elbow again

JazzG

Established Member
Now come on, you two kiss and makeup ;)

slapz is a good poster, thought he was abit of a weirdo at first but after spending a few months on arsenal.com i found this wasn't the case ;)

As for Allardyce, I used to think highly of him upto when we met them last season. His comments were bang out of order, basically saying refs favoured us and we were dirty and after drawing almost making it out like he did it for Fergie. 3 players left the pitch injured, 2 of them were hurt by horrific Bolton challenges. When Cygan left injured we lost our defensive shape and conceded 2 goals. Allardyce was just rubbing salt in our wounds, then earlier on this season before our match saying if he was foreign he would get more credit before we played them. Again a cheap shot at Wenger.

A

Anonymous

slapz said:
Sol said:

Yeah but most teams scrapping at the bottom play like that

I stick up for Sam cos me n the missus have actually met him and Mrs Allardyce at a restaurant we went to in 2001. He didnt mind the wife going up to their table and asking for an autograph, he seemed like a nice guy and I've liked him ever since ( my gran used to tell me how she loved watching Big Sam play so thats another reason why I like him ). I also like Claudio Ranieri cos he makes me laugh and I dont like how he is threatened with the sack every week but thats doesnt mean I'm a Chelsea fan.

I do like Bolton yeah cos its my home town and Bolton doing well has a great feel good factor about the town ( when they were 8th a few months back and beat Villa to reach the cup final ).

The only reason I do get peeved off when ppl say that I aint a gooner is because I have 4 kids under 4 years old and I was giving up time I could spend with them to travel 300 miles each way to watch 90 mins of Arsenal so to be accused of not being an arsenal fan or " A Bolton fan who just wants arsenal to do well to stop Man U winning trophies " really annoys me

I never once said you werent a gooner because you didnt go to games, or that you were " A Bolton fan who just wants arsenal to do well to stop Man U winning trophies. "

I mean I hate Allardyce because he is mates with Ferguson, and said something along the lines of he hoped to get his mate a good result when they played us because he was playing golf with him the next day. He also said that we as a big club get all the decisons from refs, and he put huge pressure on him on purpose. Then there was the tactics of Bolton that day. It was a disgrace. And it is not true that most teams scrapping at the bottom play like that, if they did they would all end up with 9 men. I take it now that you did see it then? If the guy gave me a million quid I would still hate him, so giving you an autograph hardly counts as an excuse in my book, nor is him being the manager of your home town club and I know most, if not all Arsenal fans think in the same way. I too like dont mind Ranieri. But you miss the point here.

Anyway its up to you if you like him or not, we just have a difference of opinion.

Top Bottom