• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Bolton Wanderers | 20/03/04

hesham

Established Member
does any1 know where i can catch the highlights for todays game except for tonight on itv ?

bencey

for anyone that watched the game, i didnt think Jens was as bad as what the radio commentators said he was, plus terrible conditions with the ball swirling around in the wind, what do u think?

Laxness

The wind was what made me so nervous - when it's in the box, you don't know what's gonna happen. At the start, I was shivering, and our living room wasn't even very cold! Although, it was 2 in the morning... :|

Soler

Established Member
My Uncle (who lives near Upton Park) phoned at around 5 hours before the match and told me that the wind was shocking, he said that several matches will probably be cancelled.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
It seems like fans would always find something to bit* about. We are winning these games (2-1)with relative ease to be honest. Bolton did not create an chances today. We admired Manu whey they used to win those 1-0/2-1 games. Now we are perfecting that..you guys have an issue with it. You want us to kill the game early..cmon guys... what u are askin for is what lost us the championship last year. Not adjusting our game when we are ahead. Yeah its still nerve racking but we are getting more comfortable with the 1 goal cushion. We gotta commend the team for that..instead of slating them for not going for the third.

Senght

Mbaki Mutahaba said:
It seems like fans would always find something to bit* about. We are winning these games (2-1)with relative ease to be honest. Bolton did not create an chances today..

Err, wtf are you talkign about? It wasn't an easy win tbh. Viera went missing and if not for Edu, we would have been overrun at the centre of midfield where Bolton packed like sardines. The ref was the ar*ehole today. Two clear cut penalties today and he didn't give it? WTF? Bolton hit the post and have easy headers near the goal. I didn't really agree with Lehmann's ratings bgy most of you. His job was made hard by the winds although his charges out of goalmouth scare me.

Senght

A point I want to add, if we continue to play like this, comback kings like Man U or Pool will cream us. Honest. Our first half was great but when we switched off, it will be hell. I found out that it is always difficult for the Gunners to score or play exciting football after switching off. Anybody agree?

I think against Manu or Chelsea they would not switch off after 2 goals but will play to their fullest for the full 90 min. because maybe its against smaller clubs that they do that but against the big clubs , they won't

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Senght said:
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
It seems like fans would always find something to bit* about. We are winning these games (2-1)with relative ease to be honest. Bolton did not create an chances today..

Err, wtf are you talkign about? It wasn't an easy win tbh. Viera went missing and if not for Edu, we would have been overrun at the centre of midfield where Bolton packed like sardines. The ref was the ar*ehole today. Two clear cut penalties today and he didn't give it? WTF? Bolton hit the post and have easy headers near the goal. I didn't really agree with Lehmann's ratings bgy most of you. His job was made hard by the winds although his charges out of goalmouth scare me.

Once again ur memory fails you. are we struggling maintaining these leads like we did last year or early this season? There will be a scare here and there...but u said it urself..we created the better chances in the second half. We still were a threat going forward. I don't care if we lose total control of the midfield..as long as they don't score. Bottom line is we make it count whenever we have had control of the midfield..and other teams haven't. Can u give the players credit for that or am i asking for too much?

Isragooner

We didnt deserve the penalties...
N'gotty made a brilliant challange,henry needed to think faster,i saw it coming.

Mark

Established Member
Yeah after looking at those supposed penalties. I thought both challenges were fair, so like I said it's no excuse. We should try and score rather than try to win penalties.

I'm sure that they wouldn't play like that against Man U or Chelski. They know that teams like that punish you for those kind of performances. Anyway the weather should be getting better now so there won't be problems with wind like that hopefully.

Senght

Mbaki Mutahaba said:
Once again ur memory fails you. are we struggling maintaining these leads like we did last year or early this season? There will be a scare here and there...but u said it urself..we created the better chances in the second half. We still were a threat going forward. I don't care if we lose total control of the midfield..as long as they don't score. Bottom line is we make it count whenever we have had control of the midfield..and other teams haven't. Can u give the players credit for that or am i asking for too much?

Scrambles happen in the goalmouth. Their goal resulted in a lucky corner. If we fall asleep again and give away stupid freekicks in the area or goalmouth scrambles, we will suffer. By the way, my memory is okay thank you, im just stating my opinion.

bobbypires

Established Member
Soccernet.com

MAN OF THE MATCH: Robert Pires - It's hard to isolate a gem among such a glittering array of talent, but he was just ahead of the rest.

FOOD WATCH: - Post-packed sandwiches, chicken legs, meat pies and ladies table service for drinks. And they call this work?

BOLTON VERDICT: A gallant effort from a side that never give up. Allardyce's men didn't appear to have any ideas on how to combat Arsenal in the first half an hour, but they did rattle them after that.

ARSENAL VERDICT: Not at their best in the second half, but the great sides come through when they are stuttering and Arsenal did just that. They have it all and could claim Treble glory in the next few weeks.

A

Anonymous

slapz said:
Sol said:
I take it you never saw, or overlooked their disgraceful tactics against us last year.

I take it you will be hoping for a Bolton win tomorrow then?

I didnt see it.

AND why would I be hoping for a Bolton win tomorrow? ( you're not gonna start this " I'm more of a gooner than you " sh*te again are ya )

No, but your pro Bolton postings whenever we play them makes me wonder. You didnt see what they did to our players last year and you claim to be a gooner? hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm.

Anyway we were ****e yesterday in patches and great in others. It was the Charlton game all over again. It is simple though - we play against Chelsea in the second half as we have in our last two games we will lose.

Toure was just brilliant. It didnt show on the Premiership these two length of the field runs he went on. His pace, power and skill was frightening.

Lehmann was crap yesterday. I know it was windy, but still his handling and decision making was very poor. If Chelsea saw the game yesterday, which I would have thought they did, their gameplan will be to drop balls under our crossbar all day with players in and around him. He couldnt cope yesterday.

patrick42uk

Established Member
christ, all this negativity. you'd think we were liverpool struggling to get fourth spot, rather than leading by nine points and unbeaten! maybe its the standard that has been set this season by the players that now our fans have become stuck up and a 'mere' 2-1 victory is not enough.

i believe our players respond to different challenges in different ways. bolton and chelsea are different challanges and they will play in different ways. Against bolton i believe any team with a two goal cushion would ease off, especially with a big european encounter in mind. Against chelsea there would be more focus as we know they are a better team than bolton, as our victories against them this season have shown.

Top Bottom