• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Bournemouth | Sunday 6th October | KO: 14:00

Should OnlyOne be banned from making match threads if this is his standard?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm fine with Guendouzi playing but not with Xhaka. Its gotta be one of them, not both.

Almost like some people believe that midfield partnerships is just a myth.

Hopefully it starts working soon, getting boring watching a midfield duo that just can't work well together.

Impact

Established Member
Glad to see Emery moving away from his preferred 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-3 system. Suits our younger midfield players (Guendouzi, Willock, Smith-Rowe and to a lesser extent, Ceballos) better and they are the bedrock of our future.

HBL

Established Member
I'm fine with Guendouzi playing but not with Xhaka. Its gotta be one of them, not both.
You can't play Torreira in current form imo, looks like he is running in treacle and doesn't progress the play at all. Could've maybe played Willock and Ceballos but I think that leaves us very open against a strong counter attacking side.

You can't play Torreira in current form imo, looks like he is running in treacle and doesn't progress the play at all. Could've maybe played Willock and Ceballos but I think that leaves us very open against a strong counter attacking side.
Maybe he just needs to be played at the base of the defence where that responsibility won't be his entirely.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Were gonna be open with Xhaka in the team anyway though so what do we have to lose? Agree somewhat on Torreira.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Interesting if true. Nelson was more impressive on Thursday but he also played more minutes. Benge reckons that's what's led to this selection.

I thought it was Nelson’s best match this season, even compared to the Forest game.

I’d hope there’d be room on the bench for him considering AMN can cover two positions but oh well.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The usual hater gang spent whole last year calling him poverty, sell for 2 M or that he was terrible when he was just 17. I said for them to wait a little bit longer, hard to see where players limits are at only age of 17.
Rich rates Saka for non footballing reasons doesn’t he @GDeep™ ?

He...has a type...

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I thought Holding would start tbh, Luiz & Sokratis are both error prone so I'd be surprised if we keep a clean sheet in this. Lets hope Pepe starts to click not just on his own but with his team mates, he's not really gelling as yet. Anyway, lets get the 3 pts and hope Xhaka starts his paternity leave soon.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I thought it was Nelson’s best match this season, even compared to the Forest game.

I’d hope there’d be room on the bench for him considering AMN can cover two positions but oh well.
Bench looks very defensive tbf. It was Nelson's strongest performance so far. I hope he can retain some confidence from it and not be down that he doesn't make the squad today, knock or otherwise.

HBL

Established Member
Were gonna be open with Xhaka in the team anyway though so what do we have to lose? Agree somewhat on Torreira.
Xhaka has flaws but he is usually fairly dependable in terms of positioning, rarely pushes into the final third. Right now I'd rather have Xhaka playing deepest ahead of Torreira for a home game against Bournemouth.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Not gonna get a clean sheet, ill say we will start strong but won't be able to finish our chances and then we will get caught on the counter and itll be 1-0 to Bourn but just before half we score to make it 1-1 then in the second we decided to show up - after Emery decides to sub on Torreira, Willock and Tierney and we go on to win 4-1.

Pepe goal
PEA hat trick

:)

Is it me or does time goes faster after the older you get. I barely able to slow down. Just as I'm getting into the groove and start to enjoy football, it always feels like there are international breaks coming, two weeks of boring football.

I really need to find a way to slow down and start enjoying the little things or else, I blink eye and I'm 99 year old full of regrets.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka has flaws but he is usually fairly dependable in terms of positioning, rarely pushes into the final third. Right now I'd rather have Xhaka playing deepest ahead of Torreira for a home game against Bournemouth.
I would rather neither tbh. Xhaka should really be dropped but he wont be so it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom