• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Bournemouth | Sunday 6th October | KO: 14:00

Should OnlyOne be banned from making match threads if this is his standard?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yesterday was the start. Have faith. You sound like you aren't willing to see it turn good. You aren't the only one, though.

The platform for improvement is there. Players returning, players emerging... This should be the most optimistic period of the season so far but, instead, and off the back of a really encouraging 90 minutes (not the result), it's as toxic and anti-manager as ever. Makes me wonder what it would have been like had we lost...
I believe I am speaking for a good number of us when I say all I want is to see that kind of performance in the league before I go all cosy on the manager. That's not too much to ask, is it!?

Last edited:

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I didn't particularly say that he should be moved. I did say that I would be open to benching Pepe if somehow that gets him to improve his game due to competition for his place and if that involves trying out the youngsters who have shown they are up to the challange (Willock, Nelson, Saka, Martinelli) in his place, I'd be fine with it. Right now, the latter three are all good on the left imo and we all know Willock is a mf. I think we should create a balance with them in the event that Pepe, God forbid, goes down or sees difficult patches. I don't like Nelson on the right so i'd like to see Pepe or Martinelli there sometime even if it is in the cups to see what they can do there.

I don't for one moment dispute that Saka is a real talent on the left, but I have never seen him on the right which is kind of curious for me considering most left footed attackers normally excel on the right!
In any case, my ideal front three is a fluid one that switches positions at times to make it even harder for the opposition.
In nut shell, I wouldn't mind seeing him on the right occasionally if that is what is best for the team.
Ah okok, I understand. I kind of agree with you. However i think it might be bad for Pepe long term, but at some point you can't play him anymore if he doesnt deliver tbf.

Preacher

Always Crying
https://player.arsenal.com/video/graft-goes-behind-scenes-arsenal-training-centre

I watched the latest available training session. It was interesting, especially the last part when they played mini football game.
To me Özil didn't look 100% fit. He was out of breath in the end more than others. Looked a bit off the pace, especially off the ball.
Xhaka made the same mistakes in the training as in the real game. His wayward passing was the culprit for at least one easy goal from oppo team. He even tried to pull his teammates shirt from behind in the small pitch:lol:

Maybe it was a coincidence, but the typical encouragement shouting from Emery always stopped when Özil was controlling the ball:lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’ve seen Bournemouth play a couple of times this year and even at home they look so open.

You’d want Auba and Pepe to fill their boots tomorrow and put them to the sword because their will be space.

Stacey, Ramsdale and Rico look really sus at the back.

Iceman10

Established Member
Better not be another lethargic start tomorrow. The crowd and players will have to feed off each other. Chance to go third, but would also be nice to have an overall goal difference not so pitiful.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Third place if we win tomorrow. Can see Chelsea lose points too. Easiest top 4 race ever, just need to take our chances, need a strong line-up. Win this, Holding, Tierney and Bellerin 100% ready for PL games after the international break and our chances look good.

Toast

Established Member
on Bellerin, Tierney and Holding…
They are three different circumstances with the injuries and with the timings. But really now they are very close for us, the closest is maybe Rob Holding. He has played two matches with us and also for the under-23s. And Kieran Tierney is the same. I think Hector Bellerin needs more time to be 100 per cent, but I think all the minutes he played yesterday were very good to achieve a rhythm and above all confidence to play when we need him in future.

Sounds like Holding and Tierney may be in contention for a starting spot, while it's a little too soon still for Bellerin.

Tierney - Luiz - Holding - Chambers, perhaps?

m-due

Anything but three points is a disaster. Come on Unai! Take advantage of the chaos around our top 4 rivals.

Malky

Established Member
No doubt Emery will start 3 DMs in this one, trying to snatch a draw :facepalm:

Seriously though, we should be scoring atleast 3, hopefully Pepe gets a couple and gets his confidence up.

on Bellerin, Tierney and Holding…
They are three different circumstances with the injuries and with the timings. But really now they are very close for us, the closest is maybe Rob Holding. He has played two matches with us and also for the under-23s. And Kieran Tierney is the same. I think Hector Bellerin needs more time to be 100 per cent, but I think all the minutes he played yesterday were very good to achieve a rhythm and above all confidence to play when we need him in future.

Sounds like Holding and Tierney may be in contention for a starting spot, while it's a little too soon still for Bellerin.

Tierney - Luiz - Holding - Chambers, perhaps?
Has any of them been called by their respective countries?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

https://player.arsenal.com/video/graft-goes-behind-scenes-arsenal-training-centre

I watched the latest available training session. It was interesting, especially the last part when they played mini football game.
To me Özil didn't look 100% fit. He was out of breath in the end more than others. Looked a bit off the pace, especially off the ball.
Xhaka made the same mistakes in the training as in the real game. His wayward passing was the culprit for at least one easy goal from oppo team. He even tried to pull his teammates shirt from behind in the small pitch:lol:

Maybe it was a coincidence, but the typical encouragement shouting from Emery always stopped when Özil was controlling the ball:lol:

Not suprised , you don't play matches you are lagging behind .

The higlighted bit just made me laugh . :lol:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Very interesting points.

Truth be told, it seemed quite a normal training session.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Is it too early for a Xmas list?

Dear Santa, please can I have Chambers and Holding at CB. A midfield with no Xhaka. And Tierney and Bellerin at full back. Oh and kick Pepe up the arse.

Pepes blue pill

Just seen our next game after this isnt until the 21st, please just get the 3 points so we can be happy for a couple weeks, go in into the international break in 3rd will be just fine with me

Ewarwoowar

Hoping we're a little more press resistant at the back this match, King and Wilson will thrive other wise, all eyes on Leno's distribution.

If Emery does not go pragmatic this should be a great frenetic match up which I think would have us over power them, if we do go pragmatic then it's a toss up whether we hand them something from this game or not.

Same side as vs Manu judging by selection for the EL, depending on scoreline in the 2nd half, Martinelli on for Saka, Willock for Torreira, Nelson for Pepe.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Ok Bournemouth are a good side but if we are serious about top 4 then we should be winning this comfortably. The midweek display was great but very few of those involved will play today, we have to show that we have 2 great teams, not just a bunch of very talented youngsters. Its down to Emery to get it right, he has the players to beat Bournemouth comfortably so how he plays them will tell us if he's the right man for the job. I think he is but there needs to be improvement, Tierney & Holding will certainly help but who Emery plays in the middle will be key, recently he's been getting that wrong. For me Willock & Guendouzi should both start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom