• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Burnley | December 22nd | KO: 12:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I have to admit that I hate you si much some of you for the reason of having and agenda vs Mesut, our best creative player... the only one who plays firstly with the brain and technique...

But some of you based on one stupid idea of football, think Özil needs to tackle a to the point of risking and injurying himself so he is a good player.

He is not freaking strong nor recoverer but that is not his job. He is to create and and support attacks.

If he is going to lose a tackle against one brute taller and stronger... of course he is not going to tackle, he is not an idiot and put his safety at first... I would do the same... use the brain and not the muscles I don’t have.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Watching Sam Dyche's press conference. He is going totally overboard. He makes it sound like the game was stolen from him. And then he has the audacity to complain about diving when the push in the back of that Burnley player was no where near enough to make him fall over. He threw himself in a clear dive, but that is probably what Old Sam refers to as "gamesmanship" so therefore it is fine.

I will not miss him when he is down in the Championship where he belongs!
There was one dive from Gouendouzi. Someone should have a word with him about it to be fair. Like you say however Vokes did the same when looking for a penalty so they`re as guilty as we were

pacstud

OK, what about that rash challenge just outside the box to give Sp**s the Dier goal.

I’ll reserve judgement for a few more games then ;)
Not saying the man's perfect ;)

But not in Mustafi's category as far as rashness. His OVERALL level of control seems to be high.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
I don't think its performance based for Özil. The media have had an agenda against him from day one and that kind of thinking has sadly filtered down to fans. I think how pundits and the papers talk about players affects a fan's perception of him.

Look at Pogba, he's United's best player by a street but you wouldn't know it based on how he gets lambasted to hell and back by the media and now even United fans want him sold. So that they can do what? Play Herrera and Fellaini in midfield instead of the World Cup Winner?

Özil has to play twice as well to get half the praise that one of our average players get. There isn't a big team in the country that he hasn't scored or assisted against yet even Arsenal fans, the people who actually watch these games, trot out the "He doesn't perform in big games line." Its like Özil has to score a hat trick at Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford, Anfield, WHL and the Etihad all in the same season before he gets any credit for his big game performances.
:lol:

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Watching Sam Dyche's press conference. He is going totally overboard. He makes it sound like the game was stolen from him. And then he has the audacity to complain about diving when the push in the back of that Burnley player was no where near enough to make him fall over. He threw himself in a clear dive, but that is probably what Old Sam refers to as "gamesmanship" so therefore it is fine.

I will not miss him when he is down in the Championship where he belongs!

Typical reaction to Arsenal. Other clubs are free to dive, cheat, dish out some utterly nasty tackles and its all "part of the game", " You got to let him know you're there", "He was entitled to go down and "Welcome to the premier league."

An Arsenal player does any of that stuff now and there's a national enquiry like Eduardo against Celtic, never has a penalty decision been so intently analyzed.

What's funny is, everyone always complains that Arsenal have no nous, no leadership, no game management or anyone to do the dirty stuff. When we finally do all that stuff, we get lambasted left, right and centre.

"Same old Arsenal, always cheating."

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
A lot of big results for us today with City and Chelsea losing and hopefully Everton does us a favor tomorrow aswell.

Hopefully the new run of good results starts now. Our inability to comfortably see out the game today was worrying as after they scored for a long while we couldn't string 2 passes together and we had a load of midfielders out there.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Hate these early kickoffs, usually a dull atmosphere amidst some sluggish play.

Kola was a beast today and easily my MOTM. Every time he charged forward, we looked dangerous, as he wreaked havoc with his overlapping runs and great final ball, plus he made sure the Burnley players felt his presence. Auba with two crucial goals as well, but his lack of hold up play hurt us towards the latter stages of the match (we didn't buy him for that though, but it's something he should improve a bit on). Özil was on the periphery as well, but his quality led to two of our goals and that's what he's paid for.

Thought AMN and Doozy were very poor. Didn't really contribute anything at all, and had some sloppy moments in possession, Guendouzi in particular, who misplaced pass after pass (aside from the release to Kola on Auba's 2nd goal which was well picked out). Granit was also subpar with some careless wayward passing, and some more suspect defending (tbf not in his ideal position).

Made a bit of a meal out of it, but still a key three points in a game we easily could have dropped points in. Performances aren't important this time of year, grinding out results are, as we saw what could happen in some of the other fixtures today.

Last edited:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
A lot of big results for us today with City and Chelsea losing and hopefully Everton does us a favor tomorrow aswell.

Hopefully the new run of good results starts now. Our inability to comfortably see out the game today was worrying as after they scored for a long while we couldn't string 2 passes together and we had a load of midfielders out there.

Yeah, at 2-1 is was far too nervy considering we were playing a struggling club. Özil looked a bit rusty, hopefully by Pool he's match fit, we need him in the team and he showed that today without being great.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not saying the man's perfect ;)

But not in Mustafi's category as far as rashness. His OVERALL level of control seems to be high.
I’ll try to keep an open mind when I watch him bro. Always respect the views of fellow posters who know their stuff.

Manberg

Predator
I have to admit that I hate you si much some of you for the reason of having and agenda vs Mesut, our best creative player... the only one who plays firstly with the brain and technique...

But some of you based on one stupid idea of football, think Özil needs to tackle a to the point of risking and injurying himself so he is a good player.

He is not freaking strong nor recoverer but that is not his job. He is to create and and support attacks.

If he is going to lose a tackle against one brute taller and stronger... of course he is not going to tackle, he is not an idiot and put his safety at first... I would do the same... use the brain and not the muscles I don’t have.

Defending is the responsibility of everyone in the team.
I don't think Özil is consistent enough to justify the wages he's on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom