PL | Arsenal vs Burnley | Saturday, 12:30 BST | BT Sport

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Aevi, Aug 12, 2019.

?

What is your predicted result?

1. Arsenal win

96.3%
  2. Draw

3.7%
  3. Burnley win

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

I expect a similar team to the one that started against Newcastle. Maybe one or two changes with Luiz looking most likely.

No point rushing players back for them to get injured. It's a long season, they will have a part to play.

2. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

Home game against one of the ****test sides in the league. This is exactly the sort of game where you play the guys who came back late and give them 60 minutes to blow off the cobwebs. If you keep giving them 20-30 minutes cameos we’ll be here in the middle of September still waiting for them to get fit having been spanked by Liverpool and beaten by Tottenham.

Blaziken, Steps, boxerumble and 2 others like this.
  3. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

There's no way Mkhi can start this? One of the journalists said Emery was quite animated when he was giving the ball away so frequently against Newcastle, I can't see why he'd bother playing him ahead of Pepe again.

4. Gunner140

Gunner140 Active Member

I expect Pepe to start and make a fool out of those Burnley's players.

5. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

I think we could see Ceballos, Pepe & Luiz all start this. A home game like this is perfect for them to start. No disrespect to Burnley but we will be hot favourites to win and we should look to win it emphatically.

Leno
    AMN Luiz Sok Monreal
    Douzi Xhaka
    Ceballos
    Pepe Auba Mkhi

I dont like to include Mkhi but who else can we play on the left apart from Auba?

4-0

6. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

I'm sure we scraped past this fixture last season?

That being said, Lacazette Pepe, Ceballos and Luiz should all start and get at least 60 minutes. Need them fit for Liverpool & Sp**s.

SingmeasongSong likes this.
  7. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

Exactly the same prediction as @rich 1990.

8. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

Nelson?

9. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

Hard decision to make if to keep Chambers or start Luiz. On the one hand Chambers had a good game against Newcastle. Usually when a player had a good game, I like them to keep their place. It keeps them more motivated, shows also if your performances are good you get a fair chance to stake a claim.

On the other hand I think Emery probably sees Luiz as part of his first 11. His passing abilities could be crucial to make our tactics work. In that case he has to play him in this game otherwise he won't be ready for the Liverpool or Sp**s games.

10. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

He quite likes Auba on the left running in to pick up AMN crosses. Laca in the middle if he’s fit. That front three should outscore any side.

11. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Saka to come off the bench and score.

12. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

Nelson - Auba - Pepe
    Xhaka - Willock - Torreira
    Monreal - Luiz - Sokratis - AMN
    Martinez

13. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

Leno
    AMN Chambers Sokratis Monreal
    Guendouzi Xhaka
    Pepe Willock Aubameyang
    Lacazette

Get the front 3 ready for the Sp**s and Liverpool games. However, keep the midfield from Newcastle

14. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

Think Xhaka-Guen gets slaughtered against Liverpool and Sp**s. Either drop Willock back or play Torreira

15. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

Leno
    AMN Chambers Sokratis Monreal
    Luiz
    Torreira Willock
    Pepe Lacazette Aubameyang

Because why the hell not.

SingmeasongSong likes this.
  16. Leo_ense_

Leo_ense_ Well-Known Member

Flying out to Thailand for a holiday with the wife on Thursday, so will be watching this from a bar somewhere in Bangkok. Easy win.

17. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

Luiz has to start this one.

Hopefully Kolasinac is available here as at Anfield I would start 5 at the back with two up top (Auba & Pepe) they’d cause VVD etc a lot of problems. Luiz is at his best playing in that system, he’ll easily pick out Pepe & Auba.

3 points here and a point at Anfield would be fantastic.

18. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Pretty much battered them, Özil masterclass. Cruising at 2-0 before a stupid botched clearance by Torreira iirc gave them an easy goal to make it a nervy finish.

OnlyOne likes this.
  19. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

Yeah I remembered the Özil pass but also remembered it being close.

American_Gooner likes this.
  20. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Post NLD Torreira ugh... don't remind me. Let's not even mention his Anfield disasterclass a week later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.