• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Charlton Athletic | 28/2/04

Aussie

Established Member
I sort of want us to draw Real in the next round as it would be great to watch and we could find out if statments like that are true. Then on the other hand bloody hard game.

Chips&CurrySauce

As we all predicted Charlto gave us a tough game. The game should have been over by half time if we were more clinical infront of goal. Even in the second half, Thierry, Gilberto and especially Paddy had great chances to kill the game off. We were lucky in the sense that Charlton hit the post in the last minute but Henry also hit the bar and I think Charlton can count themselves lucky. The free kick which lead to Jensens goal was a great tackle by Lauren. It seems Mr Curbishley, who I thought was very sour, failed to comment on that decision.

n_henry

Charlton definitely can count themselves a bit lucky...we were lucky with the post, but apart from that, they should thank the footballing gods that we didn't score more than we did...

lewdikris

Established Member
Yeah, we shoulda scored more - but like Chelsea the other week it's less of an advantage than it seems to score so early. Charlton are a good team though - and could teach Abramovich's *****es something about keeping going in the second half.

As for the Real thing - their first-choice midfield four of Zidane, Guti, Becks and Figo will be more than a match for us in terms of skill, but with Becks as the only one who can even half tackle, how the hell would they cope with Paddy?

I just don't believe Madrid can get away with their team selection!

Soler

Established Member
Casillas is what kept them in the match at Bayern. Their defence is simply, SHOCKING. I think it'd be an interest analysis to see who is worse at the moment - Man United or Real Madrid.

They'd have a nightmare against Paddy and Gilberto.

Aussie

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
Casillas is what kept them in the match at Bayern. Their defence is simply, SHOCKING. I think it'd be an interest analysis to see who is worse at the moment - Man United or Real Madrid.

They'd have a nightmare against Paddy and Gilberto.

They can be deadly in attack but that aint the only part of the game. I reckon we would rip apart there defence with ease.

Soler

Established Member
That's their mentallity on winning. "Score more than them". It doesn't work so well when you play quality teams like Valencia ( :x ). They'd get ripped to shreds by AC Milan, and DEFINITELY by AS Roma with the form they're in (14 goals in their last three, 1 conceaded).

lewdikris

Established Member
Gotta say Roma's annihilation of Juve was about as impressive as i've seen this season - simply unstoppable. They won't beat Milan, who grind out results better than anyone, but they're bloody good.

Soler

Established Member
6-0 over Siena, 1-4 away to Parma. Cassano with six of them goals, too. Their next match is home to our old chums, Internazionale. :lol:

Top Bottom