• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Arsenal 0 - 2 Chelsea | 22nd August | KO: 16:30 | Sky Sports

Match Result Predictions

• Arsenal

Votes: 23 16.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 17 12.5%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 96 70.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Its getting bit ridiculous yes we deserve nothing but at least give obvious decisions.
It isn't about deserving or not. Did Sp**s deserve a penalty at the start of the game against Wolves today? No, but they got one and it was enough to win the game.

We lost 2-0 today. If we get the penalty and score it's 2-1 going into the 2nd half. Who knows how the game would have gone. We would probably have lost, but maybe we could still have nicked another goal. Same against Brentford with the foul on Leno. If that goal is chalked off we would have been down 1-0 and who knows.

It is the constant disadvantage we have, to not get decisions that can help swing games. Over a season that makes a difference. How much is impossible to tell, but I would venture to guess it makes a difference of a couple of league table spots depending on how tight it is.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There was noone in the Refs face.

No arsenal fans screaming for a penalty.

Rather sit there moaning and criticising the team instead.

SOFT touch.
Well it does goes to var but not sure why not giving it was clear push from James even if soft one these days it Givin

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
It isn't about deserving or not. Did Sp**s deserve a penalty at the start of the game against Wolves today? No, but they got one and it was enough to win the game.

We lost 2-0 today. If we get the penalty and score it's 2-1 going into the 2nd half. Who knows how the game would have gone. We would probably have lost, but maybe we could still have nicked another goal. Same against Brentford with the foul on Leno. If that goal is chalked off we would have been down 1-0 and who knows.

It is the constant disadvantage we have, to not get decisions that can help swing games. Over a season that makes a difference. How much is impossible to tell, but I would venture to guess it makes a difference of a couple of league table spots depending on how tight it is.
Every single time it's a call for a penalty or free kick you just know we ain't getting it.

It's so predictable. I genuinely think the officials are trolling us.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
You cant be mad at this today.

We had Holding and Mari at CB. Mari in particular got bullied against Lukaku and Holding missed an absolute sitter up the other end.

Lokonga was excellent, beat player for us, I said he's our best midfield talent since Cesc and I am correct.

Up the other end of the pitch Martinelli is not a CF. Offered absolutely nothing. Better on the LW. The issue is not many of our players have cutting edge in the final third. We have good talents, but you don't and shouldn't be relying on ESR and Saka so much. No other team in the premier league does that.

I am once again not judging anything until we actually have our team on the pitch. And that'll be the same for the board and such as well.

Bore off please

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
And it was probably fans like you who were moaning about Emery, despite his final league position at the time saying we lack an identity in our style of play. Moaning about XG and saying we were too defensive. I also think Emery needed more time and it was the language barrier which was his downfall. Last season we had the 3rd best defensive record behind Chelsea and City. We conceded under 40 goals which we have not done since the 15/16 season. If we can find the missing piece, which is the link between defence and attack, we'll be fine IMO. Lokonga is already looking like a decent purchase. If we can get rid of Torreira, Elneny (Fenerbache and Besiktas are interested) and Kolasinac and Willian, and upgrade on those outgoings it really could change our season. And if you want to talk about 'Rookie' managers not being successful, go ask Ruben Amorim at Sporting Lisbon or Julien Nagelsman at Bayern.

Julien is at Bayern because of his past accomplishments. Again, a top club should not be used as training wheels for a rookie manager. It’s daft. Pay up for the world class managers.

Regarding your initial point, I mentioned Emery to demonstrate the fact that your argument that Arteta inherited a mess was utter bullshit as Emery took an inferior squad to 5th place. I’m all for patience but only for the right manager.

kanooo

I’m getting quite tired of the pansies.

I can totally understand what Man Petit is saying (that he’s losing interest in the team). The impotent attacking that results in nothing. The shambolic defending. It’s boring me to death.

I miss the hardcore players - Petit, Vieira dueling with Roy Keane, Keown bellowing at Van Nistelrooy, Lauren choking Phil Neville. Adams and Campbell rock solid at the back. Heck, even Dennis Berkamp would even throw in a sneaky elbow or two now and then. Real man playing proper football.

No idea how we would get these days back. Is Arteta the problem? Kronke? Edu? I have no clue.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I think fans banging on about recent investment having not improved the team need to remember a simple fact. Of the £210m worth of signings since Arteta joined, £180m worth were not available for selection yesterday, and £130m was missing against Brentford. (plus our 2 best pre Arteta players).

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't get how Arteta can work besides Pep for years and not implement rotational fouling. We literally watch players. We don't even get close enough to tackle. It was like that under Wenger also.

I just want a manager who knows how to man manage, who is tactically adaptable, who doesn't want to play at a snail's pace and who values athleticism in central areas.

Holding, Mari, Xhaka, Cedric. A base level in England is to be able to match the intensity of the opposition. Do that and you have a chance of a result if the opposition are not at the races. How can we do that with our players?

What made us look at Mari get rinsed by Kyle Walker till his Achilles exploded and think that making that move was a good idea. Even then, on the ball, what does he bring?

We look down on, but were linked to far superior players ins Mings, Konsa and even Evan's ffs. Mari isn't even good enough to be a 4th choice.

Arteta is meant to be a good coach. How can he let our left hand side be exposed and do nothing about it. In our first 2 games he has highlighted three ways to beat us. Long balls to Ben White, get your striker 1v1 with Mari, overload our left hand side as we don't play with a left back.

There are so many things I don't understand about how we play in possession.

ptrcopp

I can totally understand what Man Petit is saying (that he’s losing interest in the team). The impotent attacking that results in nothing. The shambolic defending. It’s boring me to death.

I miss the hardcore players - Petit, Vieira dueling with Roy Keane, Keown bellowing at Van Nistelrooy, Lauren choking Phil Neville. Adams and Campbell rock solid at the back. Heck, even Dennis Berkamp would even throw in a sneaky elbow or two now and then. Real man playing proper football.

No idea how we would get these days back. Is Arteta the problem? Kronke? Edu? I have no clue.

I miss real football too. I miss Santi Cazorla twisting me turning into space and passing the ball into the final third - all with a smile on his face. I miss watching Sanchez chase after the ball, help win it, before sprinting down to join in the attack. I miss watching Özil as he strolled around the pitch before making a pass no one else - not evening those watching on TV - could see. **** I even miss Walcott attempting to take a man on or run clear on goal - even if he’d miss… and maybe even Wilshere who would drive pass a few players in midfield to complete a 5 yard pass and pull up injured.

Wenger gave players a belief in their own abilities which translated into a confidence to play on the pitch. We haven’t seen that since.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son

Everything is the problem along with the fan base.
Does any other fan channel have a reach as AFTV does? No less, does any team struggling as much as we are have a channel like this?

This team needs to develop without the pressure from the fans. Without the noise and and meme culture that AFTV has created. These players are human, they are probably scarred from watching AFTV/ having been sent clips where fans are just mocking them for years. They’ve probably lost what it means to play for Arsenal beyond collecting a big pay cheque.

If this team is to progress (and genuinely progress, not papering over the cracks in the FA cup), they need to develop in silence.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Because Lukaku had a giant magnet strapped to his backside.
played exactly the way he wanted to.

Not sure what Arteta worked on with the defenders over the week. Surely you’d say, give Lukaku space to receive the ball and then go in to win the ball. Him spinning our defenders all day long basically gave Chelsea all the impetus they needed to throw men forward

Tomb Bombadil

I thought this could be a really bad start to the season with Chelsea and City. I thought it would be okey if we get 3 point out of the first 3 games. Now it seems like we start with 0 points.

I hope we start collecting point after City. Problem is our confidence will be really low. That will not help. But on the other side with the players missing we might got 0 point against easier opponents. So at least we have City and Chelsea behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom