• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Arsenal 0 - 2 Chelsea | 22nd August | KO: 16:30 | Sky Sports

Match Result Predictions

• Arsenal

Votes: 23 16.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 17 12.5%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 96 70.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexs

Arteta Tactical Masterclass Series - Defense: How To Deal With Physical Striker:

1. Send mobile strong defender as far away as possible and pick tall tree that falls over.
2. When tall tree falls over all run towards striker so he can lay it off into space left or right.
3. Stay very still waiting for cross/tap-in or shot from wing back.
4. Repeat.

Henry boi

If buffles me how a team in the first division never mind that is trying to compete at the top end can get caught out by one simple ball over and over again. Playing arsenal is so easy, they don't press, they also don't cover spaces so basically the opposing team have the freedom to do whatever the like all over the pitch.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
What worries me is when @HairSprayGooners , @Blankety Blank , @grange , @Jury , @AbouCuéllar @DUFFMAN and a few others finally see what we’re all seeing, there’ll be no one left to banter with. That’ll be a sad day on here, gonna be dull.
Not sure why you've tagged me, I said at the end of last season that Arteta's results were a sackable offence and that I would gladly hire Potter or Gallardo to replace him.

That said, I like our summer business and direction. Lokonga looks a nice player, Ødegaard and White are the right type of signings to solve our personnel issues. Arteta has a pretty good squad at his disposal, just missing a quality RB. He's got no excuse not to finish 6th at the lowest (anything lower than 5th for me would be disappointing, tbh). Yesterday was poor from a tactical standpoint (our lack of control of games is hugely concerning) but it's early days in the season. Plenty of time to turn it around.

But certainly, if we get to a point where we have a decent sample size (10-15 games) and we are still not seeing progress, he would deserve the sack. Not that that would happen anyways, though. I think the board and ownership are fully behind this project. Would take another full season like last for them to pull the plug on this operation, and even then I have my doubts.

Best to be philosophical and hope for the best because there's really no other option. Arteta has the full backing and is here to stay so hope that what is obviously an intelligent man and someone with at least the tools to be a good manager figures it out.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

People still moaning about missed penalties, like somehow 2 mid table finishes, terrible defending, slow transitions and toothless attacking with no end product is somehow the refs fault. :lol: :lol: :lol:
It really was just a footnote in the entirety of what happened yesterday. Out of the 90 mins picking out that non penalty claim is disingenuous to me.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Was it a pen on Saka yesterday...Wasn't sure when I saw the replay, did James clip his feet?

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Overreaction? Patience? Where have you been since 2006?
It’s an overreaction in the sense half our 11 was missing and we knew we’d lose. Why go to a game, that you know we are likely to lose and boo? We all know the two teams that played vs Brentford and Chelsea won’t be the 11 going forward. It’s like when Utd beat Arsenal 8-2.

IstraBalagina

It’s an overreaction in the sense half our 11 was missing and we knew we’d lose. Why go to a game, that you know we are likely to lose and boo? We all know the two teams that played vs Brentford and Chelsea won’t be the 11 going forward. It’s like when Utd beat Arsenal 8-2.
Fans have had enough of this rubbish every single year, this is deeper than that.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Was it a pen on Saka yesterday...Wasn't sure when I saw the replay, did James clip his feet?
Couldn't watch the game (inlaws visited, thank god), but the highlights seem to suggest it's a penalty to me. Looked like he got clipped, albeit lightly. Wonder how it happened in real life, was there a lot of VAR time?

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I don't get how Arteta can work besides Pep for years and not implement rotational fouling. We literally watch players. We don't even get close enough to tackle. It was like that under Wenger also.

I just want a manager who knows how to man manage, who is tactically adaptable, who doesn't want to play at a snail's pace and who values athleticism in central areas.

Holding, Mari, Xhaka, Cedric. A base level in England is to be able to match the intensity of the opposition. Do that and you have a chance of a result if the opposition are not at the races. How can we do that with our players?

What made us look at Mari get rinsed by Kyle Walker till his Achilles exploded and think that making that move was a good idea. Even then, on the ball, what does he bring?

We look down on, but were linked to far superior players ins Mings, Konsa and even Evan's ffs. Mari isn't even good enough to be a 4th choice.

Arteta is meant to be a good coach. How can he let our left hand side be exposed and do nothing about it. In our first 2 games he has highlighted three ways to beat us. Long balls to Ben White, get your striker 1v1 with Mari, overload our left hand side as we don't play with a left back.

There are so many things I don't understand about how we play in possession.
Look at Arsenal's fouls per card ratio compared to City. They get twice as many freebies as we do.

Mari is a placeholder reserve. he's here to be left footed and cheap, and easy to move on in a year or two. Similar with Cedric.

XHaka is there because we need at least one senior player who is consistently professional behind the scenes. Even silent stan undersands this

1st 2 games - with half the team missing and several of the others having had very little pre-season, it was always going to be ****.

Lets see how the team does when its recognisable and fit (and not just off mass covid testing or against the European CHampions with their new £100m striker)

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Couldn't watch the game (inlaws visited, thank god), but the highlights seem to suggest it's a penalty to me. Looked like he got clipped, albeit lightly. Wonder how it happened in real life, was there a lot of VAR time?

They looked at it for a bit.

Maybe unless it's a 100 percent penalty, I have been conditioned to just not see these 60/40 calls as pens for us, like they would be for other teams :lol:

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I miss real football too. I miss Santi Cazorla twisting me turning into space and passing the ball into the final third - all with a smile on his face. I miss watching Sanchez chase after the ball, help win it, before sprinting down to join in the attack. I miss watching Özil as he strolled around the pitch before making a pass no one else - not evening those watching on TV - could see. **** I even miss Walcott attempting to take a man on or run clear on goal - even if he’d miss… and maybe even Wilshere who would drive pass a few players in midfield to complete a 5 yard pass and pull up injured.

Wenger gave players a belief in their own abilities which translated into a confidence to play on the pitch. We haven’t seen that since.
To be fair some of that is a sheer talent gap.
Santi pre injury, Özil before he lost motivation or Sanchez before the lack of any summers off caught up with him were all just better than anyone in our squad. Wilshere when fit was England's great hope and even Theo had 2 super-high level skills despite the paucity of the rest of his game.

As for comparisons with the Invincibles - that team had 6 or 7 of the best players to play for this club in the last 125+ years. Not enough people appreciated how that was literally a once in a lifetime team

lomekian

Essays are my thing
People still moaning about missed penalties, like somehow 2 mid table finishes, terrible defending, slow transitions and toothless attacking with no end product is somehow the refs fault. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Its more the cumulative frustration of years of the same bunch of incompetent toss-pots. We've been on the rough end since the invincibles...

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Look at Arsenal's fouls per card ratio compared to City. They get twice as many freebies as we do.

Mari is a placeholder reserve. he's here to be left footed and cheap, and easy to move on in a year or two. Similar with Cedric.

XHaka is there because we need at least one senior player who is consistently professional behind the scenes. Even silent stan undersands this

1st 2 games - with half the team missing and several of the others having had very little pre-season, it was always going to be ****.

Lets see how the team does when its recognisable and fit (and not just off mass covid testing or against the European CHampions with their new £100m striker)
We know how it will do. It is the same team as last season with one first team addition to brings less to the table than his predecessor.

How can you not see how this plays out? I will just wait until he gets all of his players back and drops Lokonga for Xhaka.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
At least this will be quickly, after one month in relegation zone he will be sacked and I hope the board makes one good thing for once and gets Conte. There is no other manager who could save this ship in a short time. He has the character, knowledge and PL experience to put those pussies back in football.

Then we can go for Potter in the future.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
This is such an overreaction. Look at the poll, 70% predicted a loss. This was expected, as is the loss next week vs City, be patient, let’s get our players back, our season starts after the International break.

We predicted a loss because we saw us play pre-season and lose to Brentford, that's why we predicted a loss. We predicted a loss because we know that Arteta will feck it up no matter what. We predicted a loss because over the last season we have been kak at home. We predicted a loss because we know that the 125 Mil spend will not the needle a mm. We predicted a loss because we have eyes, we have brains, and we have been watching this manager for 20 months. That is why we predicted a loss, and this manager certainly does not. disappoint.

So no, it is most assuredly not an overreaction.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

They looked at it for a bit.

Maybe unless it's a 100 percent penalty, I have been conditioned to just not see these 60/40 calls as pens for us, like they would be for other teams :lol:
I know what you mean, for me it has to be flat out undeniable before I get out my seat now. It's a bit bizarre it's come to this, but yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom