• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Arsenal 0 - 2 Chelsea | 22nd August | KO: 16:30 | Sky Sports

Match Result Predictions

• Arsenal

Votes: 23 16.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 17 12.5%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 96 70.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
We predicted a loss because we saw us play pre-season and lose to Brentford, that's why we predicted a loss. We predicted a loss because we know that Arteta will feck it up no matter what. We predicted a loss because over the last season we have been kak at home. We predicted a loss because we know that the 125 Mil spend will not the needle a mm. We predicted a loss because we have eyes, we have brains, and we have been watching this manager for 20 months. That is why we predicted a loss, and this manager certainly does not. disappoint.

So no, it is most assuredly not an overreaction.
Out of interest, what would you have preferred?

Grealish - 100m

Ødegaard, White, Lokonga - 100m

ptrcopp

To be fair some of that is a sheer talent gap.
Santi pre injury, Özil before he lost motivation or Sanchez before the lack of any summers off caught up with him were all just better than anyone in our squad. Wilshere when fit was England's great hope and even Theo had 2 super-high level skills despite the paucity of the rest of his game.

As for comparisons with the Invincibles - that team had 6 or 7 of the best players to play for this club in the last 125+ years. Not enough people appreciated how that was literally a once in a lifetime team

I agree there is a class gap between players like Özil and Sanchez but I don’t believe there is between Wilshere and Walcott and the players we have.

I was just trying to make the point that we don’t have to go back to that once in a generation team to find quality because it wasn’t players that were the problem.

The current players have no confidence and a large part of that is because the things they’re being told to do either don’t make sense or don’t make use of their best attributes.

For the first time in the 20years I’ve been following this club I don’t want to watch us anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom