• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Chelsea | 3rd of January @ 19:45 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Battle for Best of the Rest

Arsenal-Chelsea2-1.jpg

Match Preview

Despite having some difficulties of their own this season, Chelsea have been in good form recently. They've had 4 clean sheets in a row, and have some very in-form attacking players. We've managed to beat them under Conte several times against the odds though, so despite our very average season, there is hope that Wenger can do it yet again. If we beat them, we'll only be 4 points off them and in the thick of the fight for the top 4 spots. Losing or drawing would cause us to lose more very precious ground on our rivals though, so a win is a must... COYG!​

Past Results

per-mertesacker-arsenal-chelsea-fa-cup-final_c5tyz1s52k3t171gdo7lubof5.jpg

17 Sep 2017 Chelsea v Arsenal D 0-0 Premier League
06 Aug 2017 Arsenal v Chelsea W 1-1 FA Community Shield
27 May 2017 Arsenal v Chelsea W 2-1 FA Cup
04 Feb 2017 Chelsea v Arsenal L 3-1 Premier League
24 Sep 2016 Arsenal v Chelsea W 3-0 Premier League

Predicted Lineup

Cech
Chambers - Mustafi - Koscielny
Bellerin - Wilshere - Xhaka - AMN
Welbeck - Alexis
Lacazette
I didn't watch the game but it seems Iwobi has had another rather ineffective performance, so we might see Welbeck get a go (provided Özil is still out). AMN will probably fill in at LWB if Kolasinac's injury is serious. Otherwise, I expect the same team as against West Brom.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Welbs for Iwobi and, assuming he plays, Niles needs to play better then he did today. He was really sloppy.

Need more from Laca, badly needs a goal.

DasBootist

Got a bad feeling about this game. Chelsea are in good form, whereas Arsenal are not, and despite Wenger's record vs Conte, I reckon an away win is on the cards.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Without Özil, we couldn't even break the West brom defense which was being raped by all the other teams. Now we are facing Chelsea who have been keeping lot of cleansheets lately. They have been scoring goals for fun recently too. 2018 is going to begin amazingly well guys.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Normally when a side has been robbed via a corrupt official live on tv, they get a gift in their next game.

Not us though, we’ll get denied a couple of clear pens before they get one against the run of play.

Arsenal 1-2 Oil.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
****ing Mike Dean. Had we won against WBA we could've got within a point of Chelski if we beat them. Old, bald, scumbag- his own kids probably hate him.

You can see him saying "I'm sorry" to Wenger. But even then, he's saying it assertively and arrogantly. "Sorry" doesn't give us an extra two points does it? Softest, most pathetic penalty to give that was.

But yeah, quietly confident we'll beat Chelski. Think we might have a slight edge psychologically. Hopefully Laca puts them to the sword COYG.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
You can see him saying "I'm sorry" to Wenger. But even then, he's saying it assertively and arrogantly. "Sorry" doesn't give us an extra two points does it? Softest, most pathetic penalty to give that was.
Actually he was saying "I'm talking". :lol: Not surprising, he's become big-headed since the FA won't reprimand him in any way.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
It says something for Wenger that a record of 2 wins, 2 draws (albeit one won on pens) and a loss against a manager is considered encouraging.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I want us to move away from 343 after this game as well. Place it in the bin next to 4231.

Should try 433 next, Coq, Jack and Aaron central with Özil and Alexis wide.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
I heard that Özil is in for this match, can't remember where I heard it though. Going to have to vote the third option as it made me laugh.:D Real score?No vibes yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom