• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Chelsea | 3rd of January @ 19:45 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Almost all those incidents were completely against the run of play and not crafted by Chelsea. They were a direct result of shambolic defending.

- Lacazette should have had at least one goal
- Alexis hitting the post twice in one phase

These come directly to my mind straight away, there are a few others that I've forgotten.
They were the away team. They were always gonna play on the break. They've done that to us for years.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Seems like our home record doesn't mean much. We pretty much draw or lose to our rivals and then beat teams we're generally expected to beat regardless of where we play against them.

We're good at producing stats/records like this that ultimately meana f*ck-all.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Seems like our home record doesn't mean much. We pretty much draw or lose to our rivals and then beat teams we're generally expected to beat regardless of where we play against them.

We're good at producing stats/records like this that ultimately meana f*ck-all.
Unbeaten in the calendar year, have a word.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Replacing Walcott, Welbeck and more importantly out center backs is bigger than Alexis and Özil.
Wouldn't be surprised if an Arsenal side with a solid defence and no Alexis/Özil does better than this current side. Honestly wouldn't.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Bellerin should have gone down clutching his foot and rolling over, like it was a genuine clash of feet. That would have confused the ref.

We're f*** at play acting. Hazard and Sterling, absolute masters.

We need to employ Ian McKellen ffs. There's probably 12 points a season at least up for grabs here.
Don't say that about Sterling, lad seems to be the nation's scapegoat.:lol:

The refs need to draw a definitive line with this penalty stuff because while the ambiguity remains the ethical goody two shoes clubs like Arsenal will suffer.

In the NBA seeking contact is an accepted facet of the game. Players like James Harden are even lauded for their ability to 'create contact' and draw fouls, it's up to the defender to avoid giving the attacker the opportunity to draw a foul.

I just wish we would have the same clarity here. Some weeks a player is clever and entitiled to go down because there was contact, the next week it's 'football is a contact sport' and there wasn't enough contact for a penalty. Which is it?

Bellerin kicked Hazard's foot, there was definitev contact made with an offensive player and the defender did not play the ball in anyway. Rules say that's a penalty (or do they?). We all know the contact wasn't enough to actually drop Hazard though so which is it?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Laca went off after 80 min, Chelsea go 2-1 up 84 min. Its not the first time Wenger has weakened our attack and we've conceded. Welbeck brings absolutely nothing to our attack, if Wenger really must sub Laca then why not bring on Walcott as he did eventually. I dont understand the love for Welbeck and I dont understand Wengers obsession with him.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Never rated Welbeck much but he's taking his ineffectiveness to new extremes. ****ing useless 95% of the time.

FreakySami

Look, I saw the close up replay and I know exactly what I saw. AMNs back leg hit his front leg and he fell. He didn't fake anything, it was just an unfortunate stumble.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Go find the right angle and prove yourself wrong. I'm tired of arguing with people that don't do their homework. Also don't bother replying.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Laca went off after 80 min, Chelsea go 2-1 up 84 min. Its not the first time Wenger has weakened our attack and we've conceded. Welbeck brings absolutely nothing to our attack, if Wenger really must sub Laca then why not bring on Walcott as he did eventually. I dont understand the love for Welbeck and I dont understand Wengers obsession with him.
We often concede after Wenger's subs.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Never rated Welbeck much but he's taking his ineffectiveness to new extremes. ****ing useless 95% of the time.

He could come on and replace a corner flag and Wenger would still bring him on again the following game!

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Yeah not going to lie he's pretty crap. Like him as a person which is why I've always had time for him but most of the praise for him on here has been banter.

I like him but even for his standards his recent sub appeareances have provided nothing.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible

No idea what's going on there, Welbz was never a world beater but he was always a useful enough player to have around and actually got off to a good start this season.

Jasard

Yeah not going to lie he's pretty crap. Like him as a person which is why I've always had time for him but most of the praise for him on here has been banter.

I like him but even for his standards his recent sub appeareances have provided nothing.

We have a habit of giving players way too long to prove themselves, we need to be ruthless. Even Xhaka for me should have proved himself a lot more by now.

Jasard

No idea what's going on there, Welbz was never a world beater but he was always a useful enough player to have around and actually got off to a good start this season.

Depends on standards and expectations, for our level maybe - for a team that wants to take on the top 2 then not at all good enough. He gives you less than 5 goals a season and a couple of assists. He's the kind of player we need to strive to improve on as we have a squad full of Welbeck level players. Would have more time for him if he has an end product but we have so few players that can actually hit the back of the net...

Sudders

I agree with Finn, show me the link to him having contact with a Chelsea player and I'll believe you.
Did you watch the match on a stream or good quality sky sports on a TV?

I don't think anyone is denying AMN tripped over his own leg but reports clearly show, in real-time and slow motion his heel contacting the knee if Moses.

That is surely irrefutable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom