PL | Arsenal vs Chelsea | 3rd of January @ 19:45 GMT | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Aevius, Dec 31, 2017.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed Jan 3, 2018.
  1. Arsenal Win

25.0%
  2. Draw

22.7%
  3. Airplane Banner Businesses Boom in 2018

52.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sudders

Sudders Member

Lol. I do actually but that's a different story...

Would you agree at least that his knee is very close to his heel at those times?

2. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant

I'm sorry but that's at best inconclusive, let alone enough for any ref to give a PK. I've tried to look at that footage frame by frame and I can't see any definitive contact.

3. Sudders

Sudders Member

And stop saying he goes down because his own leg hits his other leg... We all agree on that! It's what happens a moment before that that is the contributing factor

al-Ustaadh likes this.
  4. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

They don't show video but BeIN concludes that there was contact and that it was a penalty.

5. Sudders

Sudders Member

I'm not sure anyone is saying it should be a penalty are they?

6. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

All it takes is the slightest contact to cause his foot to move off course, happened in this instance as well:

al-Ustaadh likes this.
  7. al-Ustaadh

I am. It was a penalty to me.

8. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant

?

There are numerous posters here claiming it's a penalty.

9. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

It's not bias per se, he just won't criticise Belgian players because he works with them. Understandable, but it definitely effects him when he analyses incidents like yesterday.

It was equally ridiculous when Gary Neville refused to criticise Joe Hart when he was with England as well.

al-Ustaadh likes this.
  10. skip spence

skip spence Well-Known Member

I agree that from that footage it is inconclusive. However from replays behind the goal it's clear as a sunny day: there was contact. Couldn't find that footage but here are some pundits debating the issue. Some say it was a penalty some don't but they all agree there was contact.

al-Ustaadh likes this.
  11. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

It not a pen in any way :lol:

Sudders likes this.
  12. Godwin1

Godwin1 Very well-known

No way is that a penalty guys, think the place would explode if that were given against us.

Changing the subject a lot of Chelsea fans saying Wilshere should have been sent off for diving before he scored.

Gooner Zig likes this.
  13. al-Ustaadh

Pen to me. I've seen it given many times. Player makes contact with the defender, which causes him to trip himself.

And yes, Wilshere should've been sent off as well.

14. Lookin' for a new Baby

Lookin' for a new Baby New name pending...

Ridiculous!:p

Godwin1 likes this.
  15. Jury

I've not had many chances to see how he is with Belgian players tbh. When else has blatantly sided with a fellow Belgian?

16. Godwin1

Godwin1 Very well-known

Honestly can't see any contact mate from the replay posted here, you got a different angle you could link me?

Gooner Zig likes this.
  17. al-Ustaadh

Nope. NBC Sports had the best. It showed clear contact. And if you go up a few posts, you'll find BeIN talking about it. All on BeIN agreed there was contact but they all didn't agree if it was a penalty or not (they don't show footage of it).

18. Jury

We cant let a terrible penalty decision the other night, warp us, ffs.

Gooner Zig likes this.
  19. tap-in

tap-in :|

Yes we did need a sub but Wenger seems incapable of coming up with something different and regularly ends up weakening our display. I also dont understand why Walcott has been neglected this season, he's no worldy but he offers more than Welbeck.

skip spence likes this.
  20. tap-in

tap-in :|

Ok, that's the first time I've seen it as I missed the first half. AMN clearly trips himself one foot on top of the other. In slow mo its even clearer. I thought AMN was good, certainly seems to be performing better in his PL chances than he has in cup games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.