PL: Arsenal vs Chelsea | Sunday 29th December | KO: 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by OnlyOne, Dec 26, 2019.

?

Result?

Poll closed Dec 29, 2019.
  1. Arsenal Win

49 vote(s)
    55.1%
  2. Draw

25 vote(s)
    28.1%
  3. Chelsea Win

15 vote(s)
    16.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Just seen Mustafi’s defending for Abraham’s goal :lol:

2. jvw

jvw Active Member

No pressure on them whatsoever during the 7 minutes of added time. You just know if it was the other way around we'd have been ****ting ourselves.

Overall a poor performance in the second half and it could have gone either way. Not an undeserved win for Chelsea by any means. Poor team selection and substitutions from Arteta.

3. Toast

Toast Well-Known Member

Same as the Bournemouth game, really. Lots of promising signs (well, in the first half anyway) but still no results. Truly bizarre refereeing didn't help, obviously, but we should've come away with a win here. Can't wait for half this squad to be sold; there's only so much a manager can do until that happens.

Gooner Zig likes this.
  4. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

When the hell are Ceballos and Kolasinac back? This experiment with youth is killing us.

moha05 likes this.
  5. Football Manager

Football Manager Broken Record

**** Arteta. Why play counter in second half when we are just up 1-0. **** you.
    We are capable of playing good attacking football in the second half, we would have won, but Arteta chose not to.

6. Idiotologue

Idiotologue Well-Known Member

He's off to Hertha BSC.

7. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

24 points after 20 games :( so depressing.

8. MLK79

MLK79 Well-Known Member

It's been a while since I've properly cared about us losing. Heck, it's been a while since I've wanted something really bad happen to a ref. Gotta give it to Arteta to have me believing again.

9. shooklivers

shooklivers New Member

What you said about Torrieira is not true at all. You definitely are not watching Arsenal's games. He's been the only guy of recent giving some shape and protection of our back four.

The problem in this game was lack of substitutions and change to our game. We needed Pepe in at 75 mins not 84 mins.

This team needs to avoid relegation. I like what I'm seeing already.

10. 14Henry

14Henry Well-Known Member

Thought Pepe should have been on about 10 minutes before the first goal. We had no outlet and just invited pressure.

The sooner May comes the better because this is terrible stuff.

New manager coming in should provide some bounce but it looks like it's not going to happen for us at all. Didnt under Freddie. 2 games and one point again with United next who are full of confidence and happy to play counter attacking football.

Started so bright too. Ah well back to normal.

Jetalpha likes this.
  11. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Well-Known Member

Generous

Gooner416 and hydrofluoric acid like this.
  12. Eaststander74

Eaststander74 Jury Lite II

We could have a really good chance of winning that now tbh.

13. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

Yes, because pressing for 30 minutes out of 90 is going to go a long way, dumbass.

14. yorch44

yorch44 Well-Known Member

Stupid fracking asshole in black. He didn’t have the balls to sent that idiot off. And Leno disgraceful in the air.

15. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Maybe it's time we stop getting blame on managers and look the players we had we can't go game without making an error it's unbelievable really the players can't stay focused for 90 minutes for once if not mustafi make mistake leno if not Leno Sokratis if not Sokratis luiz. Getting tired really.

kopzilla, Bradpiff and roz like this.
  16. Raicore

Raicore Member

Doozy a weak link in midfield

Bradpiff, Jetalpha and Gooner416 like this.
  17. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

I know and Emery gets rid of Darren Burgess ..clown

North5 likes this.
  18. Camron

Camron Established Member

Spewing your Torreira agenda when he's just played the game of the season. Have you no shame? :facepalm:

roz likes this.
  19. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

Wenger needs to ban that ref from football

20. SteveEvets

SteveEvets Well-Known Member

Signs of improvement, which is all I care about at this stage, but we really should have won that. Lacazette getting bullied on the touchline by a weak player like Jorginho, then giving away a stupid foul led to the goal, then the wheels fell apart with Mustafi.

Arteta is the right man in my view, but until we get better players we'll continue to be susceptible to this kind of thing.

remains likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.