• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Chelsea | Sunday 29th December | KO: 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 49 55.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 25 28.1%
  • Chelsea Win

Votes: 15 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I'm absolutely gutted, we were excellent for the whole game bar two moments.

Ref cost us the game. He bottled sending of Jorginho, he dived to win the freekick and then scored from it.

Don't know what to say about Leno. Been excellent all season....what a time to make mistake.

Proud of the boys. We just have to keep fighting.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
What you said about Torrieira is not true at all. You definitely are not watching Arsenal's games. He's been the only guy of recent giving some shape and protection of our back four.

The problem in this game was lack of substitutions and change to our game. We needed Pepe in at 75 mins not 84 mins.

This team needs to avoid relegation. I like what I'm seeing already.

No Torreira is not a good DM, he's a better CM with freedom to roam. It's what Emery tried to do with him but Torreira kept going forward. We need a DM that can hold and bring structure and calm to our midfield protecting the back 4.

Don't get gassed over those last ditch tackles they look good but shouldn't be needed.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Fitness is definitely an issue, most players even got rested in EL as well. Perhaps played too little even to build up proper fitness levels.

TheEconomist

Established Member
It's been a while since I've properly cared about us losing. Heck, it's been a while since I've wanted something really bad happen to a ref. Gotta give it to Arteta to have me believing again.
Agree. When we lost to City I didn't really feel anything but I'm furious about this.

We had a terrible second half and arguably didn't deserve the win but a few poor ref decisions made the difference today

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Mikel bottled the subs today. Özil should've never came off, Guendouzi offered nothing and was the worst player on the pitch today, Lacazette was not much better.

Key difference, Lampard saw his side struggling and changed it immediately, Mikel on the contrary saw it out and we paid the price. Let's be honest, despite the ref f*cking us, we were thoroughly outplayed since the 35th minute. I mean we barely touched the ball in the second half and you wait until 75min to make a change? Pathetic.

All in all, definitely some positives, Torreira, Özil and Auba were phenomenal but we gifted away three points.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Was there no foul on Torreira for their 1st goal or was he just a *****?

Imagine having a midget DM in the PL who's being pushed around by a weakling like Jorginho ffs.

Arteta should have subbed off Laca for Pepe in the 70th or something. A poor decision by him. I felt he could also have taken off Özil for Mavropanos and let Luiz form a base with Torreira.

The reason why one of our defenders couldn't press Abraham is just comical. More reason why we need better defenders.

The Jorginho decision is pretty much evidence why English refs can't ref **** in the international stage.

Overall I thought the first half was the best we've played in a very long time. Let's learn from our mistakes, build and get on from that.

Bloodbather

Established Member

No Torreira is not a good DM, he's a better CM with freedom to roam.

This statement really makes your understanding of football questionable. Sorry. Are you even watching the games? Torreira is garbage as a CM with freedom to roam. Not his game. He's not Kanté.

Reactions: roz
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom