• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Chelsea | Sunday 29th December | KO: 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 49 55.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 25 28.1%
  • Chelsea Win

Votes: 15 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I don’t blame any player or the manager for this loss, game ended for me after the ref refused to give Jorginho a second yellow. End of. These refs are willingly sabotaging VAR and if it was me working for FA I’d fire them all and get some from Europe until they can train new refs. But FA is part of the problem.

Wryer

It's bit concerning how we began to lose control after Jorginho came on. And we had no answer to a simple tactical switch.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
For all the talk about losing control Chelsea only managed one shot before their goal.

Still lost for words how Jorginho even stayed on the pitch. How can you be given a free pass to stop a four on four counter like that.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Please leave Laca and his silly histrionics out of the starting lineup

Are you talking about when he was insisting the referee send off Jorginho and got booked? I mean that decision effectively cost us the game. We need more players pressuring the ref and also backing their colleagues when trouble kicks off. Sick of us being so passive.

Now, Giroud was the histrionics master. Constantly rolling on the floor and appealing to the ref, making himself unavailable to participate in about 5-10% of the game during this pantomime.

goonergaz

Incredible, how they kept on fouling our players. Jorginho should have been sent off before he scored.

just incredible!

It was a joke, the ref totally didn't control the game letting them repeatedly kick our players...how on earth did we get more yellows than them!?

And the lack of red card is verging on ridiculous, it was so blatant it was untrue...once that happened I just knew what would happen :(

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Are you talking about when he was insisting the referee send of Jorginho and got booked? I mean that decision effectively cost us the game. We need more players pressuring the ref and also backing their colleagues when trouble kicks off. Sick of us being so passive.

Now, Giroud was the histrionics master. Constantly rolling on the floor and appealing to the ref, making himself unavailable to participate in about 5-10% of the game during this pantomime.

I look at that moment a bit differently.
If it wasn't for Laca going in full batshit crazy mode toward the ref, Jorginho would probably get his second yellow then. Check the recordings on how the ref is clearly irritated at Laca. This probably made him change his mind up.
His "crazy reaction and yelling" at the ref made him change the decision on carding, so Laca got one instead of Jorginho.

And how ironic it was then later on, when Laca clumsily pulled Jorginho for a needless foul, which resulted in Jorginho's equaliser.

I am all for our players being cynical and using any opportunity to sway the decisions going our way, but our players also need to be street-smart. Laca should've left the decision to the ref in that moment.

goonergaz

Proud as **** today, thought they played brilliantly for the first 60 mins and deserved to really win the game. Got caught by two sucker punches but it was the first time this season I thought we really dominated a team and played to the level I know these players are capable of.

If we play like this every game we'll shoot up the league table in very little time.

I'm not sure about 60 minutes, even towards the end of the first half Chelsea were coming back into it...the 2nd half was a complete switch of the first...overall whilst Chelsea 'deserved' the win, they should have had a player less for the last part and so that decision ultimately cost us.

Was weird he left Nelson on, not sure if it was mentioned on TV but he largely did jack and should have been taken off before Özil.

goonergaz

I look at that moment a bit differently.
If it wasn't for Laca going in full batshit crazy mode toward the ref, Jorginho would probably get his second yellow then. Check the recordings on how the ref is clearly irritated at Laca. This probably made him change his mind up.
His "crazy reaction and yelling" at the ref made him change the decision on carding, so Laca got one instead of Jorginho.

And how ironic it was then later on, when Laca clumsily pulled Jorginho for a needless foul, which resulted in Jorginho's equaliser.

I am all for our players being cynical and using any opportunity to sway the decisions going our way, but our players also need to be street-smart. Laca should've left the decision to the ref in that moment.

From where I was looking the Laca 'foul' was a minor touch which Jorginho dramatically flipped over from. As for the non-red card, he should have sent him off regardless, sure book Laca if you feel he deserves it, but that's not going to 'change his mind' - the ref was awful the whole match - a complete joke.

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
Even if we played poorly in the second half, there would have been no chance for Chelsea to come back if Leno and the referee hadn't ****ed it up. We defended pretty well and didn't allow them to have any clear chance.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

From where I was looking the Laca 'foul' was a minor touch which Jorginho dramatically flipped over from. As for the non-red card, he should have sent him off regardless, sure book Laca if you feel he deserves it, but that's not going to 'change his mind' - the ref was awful the whole match - a complete joke.
I am so tired of us getting the decisions going against us. It’s like a bad movie played over and over. In the end I think our players need to be more cynical and smart about what they are doing. Our cheating is often either too clear and/or clownish. This is where we can take a page out of Guardiola’s playbook. Hopefully Arteta can help a bit here also.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
...In the end I think our players need to be more cynical and smart about what they are doing. Our cheating is often either too clear and/or clownish. This is where we can take a page out of Guardiola’s playbook. Hopefully Arteta can help a bit here also.

I agree, I posted something similarly above.

Manberg

Predator
I am so tired of us getting the decisions going against us. It’s like a bad movie played over and over. In the end I think our players need to be more cynical and smart about what they are doing. Our cheating is often either too clear and/or clownish. This is where we can take a page out of Guardiola’s playbook. Hopefully Arteta can help a bit here also.

I think the fanbase can take lessons out of other club fans, Liverpool etc. It’s only with us that we’re saying the away side gets the decisions. Our fans need to boo much louder on every such decision or foul against us. History shows that referees do get affected by stadium atmosphere.

goonergaz

Yeah, I just don't get it - I thought they should have had a yellow before Dozi got his - it's like we always get the rough end of the stick - and then things like when our players get hurt or if we foul the fans start the 'same old Arsenal, always cheating' lol

Manberg

Predator
I can assure you the ref got a loaf of stick yesterday...as soon as Dozi got his card that was it!

The way that loaf of stick gets given lacks clarity. Be proactive rather than reacting after the decision. Give the stick on fouls by the opposing team to get the referee to discipline them.

goonergaz

The way that loaf of stick gets given lacks clarity. Be proactive rather than reacting after the decision. Give the stick on fouls by the opposing team to get the referee to discipline them.

There were already the boos before, but don't forget that's just around 10 mins into the match...that's just when it started ramping up. Maybe it didn't translate on TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom