• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Crystal Palace | April 21st | KO: 16:00 BST

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Oh come on, this is another one of those infuriatingly dishonest posts. It’s not about what he spent in relation to other teams, it’s about the quality of site that he still managed put out. He underachieved in Europe, it’s as simple as that. In fact, with the quality of side that he managed to produce over the years, he underachieved everywhere. Did brilliantly to get the first part right in finding the players and putting teams together, but he failed to capitalise more often than not and with sides that were more than good enough to win.
:lol: What’s incredible, is you actually believe that sh*te.

It’s all about what he spent in relation to other teams. Watch that video.

Wenger always over achieved for his spend, until the fans took him down.

Bergkamp1988

Don't see how a forearm smashed knowingly into an opponent's face can be seen as a yellow.

Pretty much happens in every game. Especially when players are jumping for the ball. It happens accidentally / knowingly / semi-knowingly.. It's hard to tell because players look away from their victim as they're doing the deed. That's why it's usually a yellow.

Plus, if Torreira was a normal seized human, he'd have taken the shot in the shoulder rather than in the face.

Litteraly playing devils advocate here but It seems fair to me

Plus the ref didn't even see the incident!! It was described to him by the sideline. You can't give a red if you haven't actually seen anything, because you can't judge the intent. (which is hard enough to do when you do actually witness the deed)

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Nice that Tyreece and Saka are with the first first team. Is PEA indeed going to miss tomorrow as some on here mentioned ?

Maybe one of them is at least making the bench this time

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Pretty much happens in every game. Especially when players are jumping for the ball. It happens accidentally / knowingly / semi-knowingly.. It's hard to tell because players look away from their victim as they're doing the deed. That's why it's usually a yellow.

Plus, if Torreira was a normal seized human, he'd had taken the shot in the shoulder rather than in the face.

Litteraly playing devils advocate here but I wouldn't say that I'm wrong.

Plus the ref didn't even see the incident!! It was described to him by the sideline. You can't give a red if you haven't actually seen anything, because you can't judge the intent. (which is hard enough to do when do actually witness the deed)
We'll agree to differ there. Deeney knew exactly what he was doing - there were running next to each other not jumping for the ball - and it was part of his great cojones plan to intimidate us. Perhaps if Torreira was normal sized (and this smacks to me of blaming the victim for the crime when in law "you take your victim as you find him") he might have got an elbow instead?

You can give a red on the advice of the assistant refs if you haven't seen an incident and they have.

Mohamed7

Plus, if Torreira was a normal seized human, he'd have taken the shot in the shoulder rather than in the face.

He did not jump for the ball. It was clear that he wanted to put his mark because Torreira had already made the pass when Deeny hit him on the cheek with his elbow.

There was enough intent. In addition, when you consider also his comments last year about been aggressive towards Arsenal. Hit the first one and see who wants next or something of that irk. It is clear.

Plus the ref didn't even see the incident!! It was described to him by the sideline. You can't give a red if you haven't actually seen anything, because you can't judge the intent. (which is hard enough to do when you do actually witness the deed)

If all the officials have not seen the incident (Ref, linesmen, fourth official) then your comment is correct. However, the linesman saw it and correctly advised the referee. That's what he is there for.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

Give it up

*He comes up from behind Torreria and clocks where his head will be
*Before he elbows him he gives a very quick glance, it’s a fraction of a second but you can see it
*The arm movement is completely unnatural
*He looks like a bloated Drake, enough reason for a red card on its own.

Bergkamp1988

Ok fellas agree to disagree. I'm not gonna go any more out of my way to defend Deeney. Even the commentator calls it "a little swipe of the arm". And commentators here in france who are very pro Arsenal were leening more towards the yellow.

I'll take this red card as a (much needed) present to balance the many injustices we endure all season long. And we deserve a few more.

Bergkamp1988

Wait so the assistant referee isn't a good enough opinion? Why are they there then?

Well.. Offsides mostly. But actually I do wonder if they are permitted to call for a card of if theyr job is just to describe the foul as best as they can and let the main ref make his own decision. Would be curious to find out tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom