• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Crystal Palace| Sunday 27th October | KO:16:30 GMT | Illegal Streams

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Need a proper win/performance here to get going in some way, a 3-0/4-0...the season already feels long and we are only in October ffs.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not even sure myself what our best team is anymore. The only class to come out of our dressing room in the last couple of months has been those Pepe free kicks, a beacon of shining light amidst a gloomy sea of meh.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Our squad seems to be full of wannabes and nearlybes. How many nailed on certs have we got for 1st XI. Leno, Auba, Pepe? Emery needs to get his hammer out and create a few more.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Our squad seems to be full of wannabes and nearlybes. How many nailed on certs have we got for 1st XI. Leno, Auba, Pepe? Emery needs to get his hammer out and create a few more.

Luiz by default considering the other options are absolute poverty or overrated for no reason. Xhaka is probably nailed on in Emery's eyes, could be the same with Guendouzi. Tierney SHOULD be nailed on but for some reason he's persisting with Kolasinac in the league. Sokratis should have been dropped long ago but seems undroppable for some reason. Then there's the 3rd midfielder which seems to be rotated between Ceballos, Willock and on the rare occasion Torreira. None of whom seem to excel at being pushed further forward and all seem like more 8's or 6's than an actual 10. LW is a huge problem as we either force our best player out there or we play the youngsters who won't be consistent.

The whole thing seems chaos at the moment and you won't get anywhere fast without a settled back 4 and a settled midfield for starters. If you're constantly chopping and changing, rotating it's just gonna cause confusion. Then when you have someone like Sokratis who's unable to execute the playing out from the back style which Emery demands then it just adds up too.

Sanis

Good chances of winning this. We'll bore them to death with emeryball and CP will lose concentration and interest in playing.

The only positive is that the game is not on Monday. The negative is that I'm still sober since 4th August so I have to watch through this 90 minute train of pain without being able daze my self.

Reactions: A_G

Make

Player:Ødegaard
I hope that we can win this if Özil plays... We have saw the team doesn't have a playmaker that he can moves the team to play good.

I think 3-1 for us.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Scenes when this end up being a score draw. Completely possible tbh.

It’s not going to be an easy game despite what history says.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Not even sure myself what our best team is anymore. The only class to come out of our dressing room in the last couple of months has been those Pepe free kicks, a beacon of shining light amidst a gloomy sea of meh.
Think this is partly caused by the coach chopping and changing all the time and playing players that are either not good enough (Xhaka) week in and week out, out of position (Torreira), too infrequently (Ceballos) etc. Our midfield is a right old mess currently. All we know is that the worst of the lot plays every week.

I am convinced there is a good team in there, Emery just isn’t able to see it or play it for whatever reason.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Luiz by default considering the other options are absolute poverty or overrated for no reason. Xhaka is probably nailed on in Emery's eyes, could be the same with Guendouzi. Tierney SHOULD be nailed on but for some reason he's persisting with Kolasinac in the league. Sokratis should have been dropped long ago but seems undroppable for some reason. Then there's the 3rd midfielder which seems to be rotated between Ceballos, Willock and on the rare occasion Torreira. None of whom seem to excel at being pushed further forward and all seem like more 8's or 6's than an actual 10. LW is a huge problem as we either force our best player out there or we play the youngsters who won't be consistent.

The whole thing seems chaos at the moment and you won't get anywhere fast without a settled back 4 and a settled midfield for starters. If you're constantly chopping and changing, rotating it's just gonna cause confusion. Then when you have someone like Sokratis who's unable to execute the playing out from the back style which Emery demands then it just adds up too.
Playing out of the back with Sokratis and Xhaka in there is doomed as far as I am concerned. Both are too slow and unsure under any kind of pressure. Sure that Holding and Torreira would deal with it much better.

Last edited:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

People laughed at the suggestion of Rodgers as Arsenal manager. They're not laughing now @bingobob .
I personally didn’t want him here, but given the results he is getting with Leicester he would have been a better pick than Emery. At least how it looks now. Think my problem with him was probably irrational. He always has come across irritating to me. Not that Emery is much better to be honest.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Watching City grind down Villa. We are far off the better PL teams this year. City and Liverpool are out of sight. Leicester are on fire. Looks like 4th is the best we can hope for but Chelsea, ManU and Sp**s will all give us a run for our money. If we at least would develop in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom