• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Everton | September 23rd | KO: 16:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
There was at least two occasions in that game where the ball was loose and he was in a 50/50.

He had his chance to put a strong challenge and win possession back, instead he just sticks a customary limp leg out and gets nowhere near the ball.

I actually said to myself during one of them "I'd of f*ckin snapped him in half there." :lol: That's what you get with Özil though.
It becomes even more apparent when you contrast that with Lacazette's, Torreira's, Ramsey's and then Welbeck's work ethic when he came on. Looks the odd one out. But his questionable decision making is more of a cause for frustration for me than that. He's one of the best in the world at picking out the right option in the final third and that's twice now this season where he's messed up situations which one or two seasons ago he could have handled with his eyes closed.
I'm happy he got a couple of goals recently but he really needs to step up. Atleast in games like these.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
If your point is that Ramsey does have end product, I agree, but the two goals were barely down to him - one was a moment of brillance from Laca, the other was lucky gameplay. The problem isn't end product with Ramsey, but that when he doesn't score or assist, he doesn't offer near enough nowadays, especially in the number 10 position.

Maybe if we switched him with Özil, and ask him play a bit more defensively, we would be more successful overall. I do believe they have the potential to perform a lot better, but in the last 1-2 years we have not found the best way to employ them.

I'd agree with the position shift

Or even better a formation shift!

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
This is as bad a game I've seen Özil play for us. And that's coming from one of his biggest fans. Bad decision making, bottled that counter like he did against Man City at home. Ducked out of a few challenges as well. He really doesn't help his cause sometimes. Very disappointed with him.
That happens when you ask him to play as a winger in 4231 ... it happened when Arsène tried in the first season when he as well put Ramsey as 10. So not the first time, the problem is he gets tired tracking back. He is a number 10 or a free role in 343 but not a winger with defensive duties. If you have Özil and Ramsey... which one are you going to trust in to build the plays and distribute the ball? I am very sure that I put my trust in Özil for that job. If Ramsey sticks to 2011 way of playing I woulda playing with Torreira ala Ramsey-Arteta with Özil in front of them in free role. But Ramsey lost his mind, he could be a fantastic player if he plays a lot more simple football with smart runs from behind.... even Lampard played better that way and not as 10. But he was so clever and sticked to CM role.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Yeah I do love big OG, man had balls of steel. Big goals when you needed them most, nightmare in the air.

But trying to break 10 men behind the ball playing intricate passing with him up top is a struggle.
Yep, especially when he couldn't score in 15+ games in a row in the Leicester season, and then celebrated a hat-trick vs Aston Villa on the last day of the trophyless season.
3236dbd7b61eb64a018b285baa05d481

#neverforget

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Yep, especially when he couldn't score in 15+ games in a row in the Leicester season, and then celebrated a hat-trick vs Aston Villa on the last day of the trophyless season.

#neverforget
This is exactly why I don't get the love for Giroud. Absolute bottler.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Not really. I just never saw him as an Arsenal striker. Our forwards have always been about pace and movement. At his worst, he was nothing more than a statue.
He was a goalscorer as a sub though. Wonder what stats he got when coming in as a sub, wouldnt suprise me if they were great

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
He was a goalscorer as a sub though. Wonder what stats he got when coming in as a sub, wouldnt suprise me if they were great
He wasn't the worst, I don't dispute that. He spent far too much time as our number one though, which wasn't his fault. As reed said, his form cost us big time in 2016. His celebration against Bournemouth was also extremely embarrassing. It was various reasons I could never take to him. Our current two main men are Arsenal strikers through and through.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

#neverforget

Great scenes on here, everyone knew he’d smash them in to pad his stats :lol:

Don’t think I’ve ever laughed so much at a match thread as that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom