• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Leeds United | 16/4/04

Mark

Established Member
"What can I put that performance down to? Commitment and desire. If you have quality and ability it doesn't matter, unless you have desire and commitment and go out and express yourself, you won't get anywhere."

Nice words from Thierry. This is what we discussed after the defeat to Chelski. How the players have the talent but didn't always show the right attitude. Since then they've really bounced back and shown the perfect attitude. And like I've always said, when we are at our best we are amazing. The only thing that can stop us, in my honest opinion, is ourselves.

lee1001

Established Member
Anybody else impressed with Wiltord tonight?
I think he gave us an added attacking dimension on the right with his pace and trickery. Had a good chance to score as well as a good chance against Newcastle after the Jenas pass back, but with more match practice he would have put them both away.

Should we give him one last chance?
Or is he definatly out?

Mark

Established Member
Based on tonight, sure Wiltord deserves another chance. But we can't just judge him from one good performance. If he continues like this till the end of the season then I think we should keep him. He's a good player, but as I said, play him RM not upfront. This way we can rotate Pires and Freddie more on the left.

Alexone234

I thought Gilberto put in a really good performance. I like Edu alot, but i feel that Vieira plays slightly better with Gilb next to him.

Mark

Established Member
Rupert said:
Whey I got the score right for once! 2nd post on this thread

It's a 5-0 boys

Ok so I got the scorers wrong but still wish i'd gone down the bookies now!

You should predict winning scores for us every week! Give us another 5-0 thrashing for the Spuds. :)

jeremiesgirl

Well for once I can talk about the game and give first hand knowledge as I was there :wink: !!! And what a fantastic game to be at! 5-0 to the Arsenal, just amazing and Henry is just incredible, pure genius - 100% class. We are lucky to have the best player in the whole world.

I was sitting in the North Bank Lower, right at the front and the atmosphere was just brilliant. Every other time I've been, I've sat in East Stand Upper so this was a whole different experience. I have got a very sore throat after all the shouting but it was definitely worth it!!

Thought Clichy was great, surprised so little has been said about him. He has got amazing potential and he showed it last night. Pires was great as ever and Wiltord played well especially in 2nd half. I bet Pires was glum coming off as there was so many goals being scored, he probably fancied his chances of grabbing a few more :wink:

So this looks like we are going to take the Premiership as we rightly deserve, YAY!!! :D

Got to say, beforehand we went in the Gooners Pub and loved it in there. Normally with work getting in the way, we dont get time to stop and have a drink before the match but we took half a day off yesterday, travelling from Peterborough and we really enjoyed the Gooners Pub :)

Also managed to get on tv several times, apparently very close at the end when Henry was walking off so chuffed with that too :lol:

bobbypires

Established Member
This season Arsenal have scored 5 goals in every competition.

Premier League: Arsenal 5-0 Leeds
FA Cup: Portsmouth 1-5 Arsenal
Champions League: Inter 1-5 Arsenal
Carling Cup: Arsenal 5-1 Wolverhampton

Aussie

Established Member
And against wolves it was pretty much our reserves that thumped them 5-1. Manure's strongest side couldnt even beat them however our reserves could. ;D

michael_334

jeremiesgirl said:
Well for once I can talk about the game and give first hand knowledge as I was there :wink: !!! And what a fantastic game to be at! 5-0 to the Arsenal, just amazing and Henry is just incredible, pure genius - 100% class. We are lucky to have the best player in the whole world.

I was sitting in the North Bank Lower, right at the front and the atmosphere was just brilliant. Every other time I've been, I've sat in East Stand Upper so this was a whole different experience. I have got a very sore throat after all the shouting but it was definitely worth it!!

Thought Clichy was great, surprised so little has been said about him. He has got amazing potential and he showed it last night. Pires was great as ever and Wiltord played well especially in 2nd half. I bet Pires was glum coming off as there was so many goals being scored, he probably fancied his chances of grabbing a few more :wink:

So this looks like we are going to take the Premiership as we rightly deserve, YAY!!! :D

Got to say, beforehand we went in the Gooners Pub and loved it in there. Normally with work getting in the way, we dont get time to stop and have a drink before the match but we took half a day off yesterday, travelling from Peterborough and we really enjoyed the Gooners Pub :)

Also managed to get on tv several times, apparently very close at the end when Henry was walking off so chuffed with that too :lol:

You guys are so lucky over ther. I would die to see anything like that. Good on ya. It was a great match!

Well done Arsenal!!

just arrived back from Highbury after last nights game.A brilliant performance by everyone, apart from the number 14 (unsure of his name) ;D ;D a special mention must go to young Clichy who in my opinion was outstanding.What a player this boy looks to be.
So much for the Highbury library ,the atmosphere was brilliant.

After todays results :WE'LL WIN THE LEAGUE,WE'LL WIN THE LEAGUE, WE'LL WIN THE LEAGUE AT SH*T HART LANE

GO ON THE GUNNERS ;D ;D ;D

AFCG7

Established Member
Well i just watched a delayed showing of the game..Terrific performance!
I dont think Leeds will ever want to play us again.
Henry.Four Goals, coulda had 5 or 6.. what next..will he score 5 the next game?
Clichy was very good and Wiltord looked really sharp..maybe he could have scored 2 but its only his second game back.
Maybe he's looking for a new deal.. i dont think Wenger will budge.. he will have to take the 2 year deal or leave.. some team will be lucky to get him on a free.

Latest posts

Top Bottom