• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Leeds | Valentines Day Special | KO: 16:30 | UTG | Sky Sports

Should we cross the ball lots given we are taller than Leeds?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a great point but I genuinely wouldn’t want an overpaid player full of self importance poisoning our team. “Side before self” is our club mantra. Although we will field a team of 10 out of 11 of our Championship side on Sunday, they really are a ‘band of brothers’ and believe totally in Bielsa. If every player gives 110%, you really can’t ask more than that. We will of course be backed up by a bench of U23’s who you definitely won’t have heard of.
One of my favourite Leeds vs Arsenal stories from the past at Elland Road. Allan Smith(not the Arsenal A.Smith) a 17/18 year old Leeds player with a bit of a rep for being tenacious jumped for a high ball and gave Tony Adams an elbow. Shortly after, another high ball with a bellow of “TA’s up”. Cleared the ball out and smashed Allan Smith at the same time who was left on his arse. Lesson learnt kid .... brilliant !

Well, my initial post would have been **** Off Leeds! - but you seem a polite sort of gent. I'll be honest, I don't care much for your club, and I hoped fervently that you wouldn't be promoted. I take solace in the fact that you might be relegated.

Now that all that is out of the way....welcome to the forum ;)
Brilliant response.. thanks.

bergholt

That’s a great point but I genuinely wouldn’t want an overpaid player full of self importance poisoning our team. “Side before self” is our club mantra. Although we will field a team of 10 out of 11 of our Championship side on Sunday, they really are a ‘band of brothers’ and believe totally in Bielsa. If every player gives 110%, you really can’t ask more than that. We will of course be backed up by a bench of U23’s who you definitely won’t have heard of.
One of my favourite Leeds vs Arsenal stories from the past at Elland Road. Allan Smith(not the Arsenal A.Smith) a 17/18 year old Leeds player with a bit of a rep for being tenacious jumped for a high ball and gave Tony Adams an elbow. Shortly after, another high ball with a bellow of “TA’s up”. Cleared the ball out and smashed Allan Smith at the same time who was left on his arse. Lesson learnt kid .... brilliant !

I'm Australian so have to have a bit of a soft spot for Leeds, ever since Kewell+Viduka days. (Not to mention Okon, Burns, Kisnorbo. Neil Kilkenny. Milosevic!)

Still hope we smash you though!

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don’t want to see Saka at left back. He’s served his apprenticeship there. It’s easily forgotten now but during that miserable run, we had zero attacking threat down the right. Saka and ESR link ups were the only thing that changed that.

Imagine if Bale kept being moved to left back whenever Sp**s had an injury problem with Assou Ekotto just because he’d played there in his youth. They’d have never made that leap to CL football.

We should be empowering the players before the system. If that means a back 3 of Holding, Mari and Gabriel until Tierney’s fit then so be it.

——————————Ryan—————————-

———-Holding—-—Mari———Gabriel———

——————Ceballos——-Xhaka——————-

—Saka————-—Ødegaard———-—-Pepe

————-Lacazette——Aubameyang———-

That team would batter Leeds.

Workrate, tenacity, creativity.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I don’t want to see Saka at left back. He’s served his apprenticeship there. It’s easily forgotten now but during that miserable run, we had zero attacking threat down the right. Saka and ESR link ups were the only thing that changed that.

Imagine if Bale kept being moved to left back whenever Sp**s had an injury problem with Assou Ekotto just because he’d played there in his youth. They’d have never made that leap to CL football.

We should be empowering the players before the system. If that means a back 3 of Holding, Mari and Gabriel until Tierney’s fit then so be it.

——————————Ryan—————————-

———-Holding—-—Mari———Gabriel———

——————Ceballos——-Xhaka——————-

—Saka————-—Ødegaard———-—-Pepe

————-Lacazette——Aubameyang———-

That team would batter Leeds.

Workrate, tenacity, creativity.

Is Leno still out mate?

MikeVinna

Established Member
The thought of either Ceballos or Elneny playing in midfield makes me consider not watching the game. Why is Partey doing this to us

We are seriously unlucky with Partey’s injuries. Was indestructible before he joined the Arsenal.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
The thought of either Ceballos or Elneny playing in midfield makes me consider not watching the game. Why is Partey doing this to us

Ceballos contributed a lot to our January run tbh. He just has to be in good form (and not be partnered with Elneny).

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I'd go with:
Leno (assuming he's available)
Cedric - Holding - Gabriel - Saka
Ceballos - Xhaka
Pepe - ESR - Auba
Laca

Don't see what Bellerin offers at this point both going forward and defensively so may as well see how Cedric does with a run of games there. Don't see this happening though. Would like to see if Holding and Gabriel can form a partnership over time.

Would rather not have to play Saka at LB but he was still our main attacking threat at that position for 2 months before the lockdown last year, just means Xhaka will have to drop in and cover for him which he did well in that period.

ESR has had a good rest since the Villa game and he is our player so senseless to stall his development now and would like to see Auba back in, played well against Newcastle prior to the horrible personal issue he had to deal with.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Leeds are an extremely hard working team. They can run for 90 minutes no problem. We need to be wary of the their forwards who are quite tricky. Bamford is an extremely willing runner and will give Holding and Gabriel a good run for their money.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal don't play for a while and then I start thinking you know everything isn't so bad, I mean look how many cool young players we have, we're the envy of world football! And then we lose and we're 12th in the table and it's like wut.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Stopped caring about this season a while ago now.

Arteta should just play how he wants to next season and anyone who doesn't cut it gets sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom