• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Leicester City | 26th April 19:45 (BST)

What will be the result of this match?

• Arsenal win

Votes: 30 75.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Leicester win

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher

Always Crying
I have a feeling, that Koscielny won't play against Sp**s.

I was amazed, that he managed to end game on the pitch.

mm76

Yer Da
Please for the love of god dont ever play Bellerin and Theo on the pitch, let alone the same side, again. Such limited players. Watching them try and "link up" , pick out someone in the box, dribble, you name it, winds me up. Sprinters stealing a living as footballers.

Theo, Bellerin, Coq and Gibbs at the Emirates vs a counter-attacking team....0 surprise we struggled so much.

Theo's disappearing act didn't help Bellerin who ithought looked better than of late, but not arguing he has his limitations

It was a defensive lineup but we actually negated theri counter-attacking game very well.

Gibbs was very good both at keeping our left flank secure and he also came forward well and sought to create chances, not his fault we still don't make the right runs in and around the box a lot of the time.

Coq's getting a lot of crap for what I thought was a decent performance.‎

I suppose you thought Ramsey was better when he came on and cocked up big-time several times in just a few minutes.‎‎

We looked a lot less secure when Gibbs and Coq were taken off, partly due to changing systems perhaps but it was Coq and Gibbs' ‎holding work we missed too

mm76

Yer Da
I have a feeling, that Koscielny won't play against Sp**s.

I was amazed, that he managed to end game on the pitch.

i don't think he woudl if we hadn't used all our subs.

If he does't play we know Holding can do a job anyway

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I dont care if we win ugly the most important thing is to collect 3 points. I hope Koscielny is fine for the Sp**s game cant wait to beat them at their own ground they are to much hyped at the moment.

mm76

Yer Da
as with Citeh the formation allowed us to be spread across the park and make much better use of the flanks then the old formation, espeically with players who like to be out there.

back three solid and midfield were decent - LCFC's counter-attacking was negated for the most part until the subs at the end exposed us more.

But attack-wise there was still far too much playing around the box and not nearly enough attempts direct on goal

Cech: 7.5 - overall decent but a howler of a clearance at one point gave LCFC an opportunity

Gabriel - 8 - really assured performace

Kos - 8 - same though there were a couple of poor balls out of defence later on. Soldiered on at the end well after very nasty tackle

Monreal - 8 - great job and responsible for a goal again

Gibbs - 8 - very good i thought, kept his position, covered the flank well and was positive going forward - we missed him when he was subbed

Xhaka - 8 - not quite as good as against Citeh but still impressive, a pity he shied away from shooting so much - although when he did you saw why...

Coq - 7.5 - decent performance, a lot of important defensive work and also was good coming forward at times though not always playing the right ball - was also missed when subbed

Bellerin - 7.5 - was good coming forward, didn't always play the right ball as usual but i thought he showed signs of improvement- also got back defensively at times to make important clearances

Theo - 3 - had one decent chance - and that's it...

Alexis - 7 - gave the ball away a LOT but still dangerous unpredictable and a handful - great comedy at the end

Özil - 7 - OK performance but still short of what he should be doing

SUBS:

Giroud - tbf he was at the other end of the pitch from where i was but clearly Huth was trying to prevent him getting the ball when he put it in his own net so you need to give him credit for that

Ramsey - just awful - we immediately looked a lot less safe defensively - he missed passes and gave the ball away leading to a LCFC attack. Must be sold

Welbeck - missed a good chance but again lively

Manager - Wenger - the match again showed that his favoured players like Ramsey and Theo are a total waste of space and if he doesn't ditch them it's a sign that he is so stubbornly biased towards certain players that he really must go for the benefit of the club's future. Not having Lucas even on the bench was a disgrace considering the alternatives.

as with Citeh the formation allowed us to be spread across the park and make much better use of the flanks then the old formation, espeically with players who like to be out there.

back three solid and midfield were decent - LCFC's counter-attacking was negated for the most part until the subs at the end exposed us more.

But attack-wise there was still far too much playing around the box and not nearly enough attempts direct on goal

Cech: 7.5 - overall decent but a howler of a clearance at one point gave LCFC an opportunity

Kos - 8 - same though there were a couple of poor balls out of defence later on. Soldiered on at the end well after very nasty tackle

Gibbs - 8 - very good i thought, kept his position, covered the flank well and was positive going forward - we missed him when he was subbed

Xhaka - 8 - not quite as good as against Citeh but still impressive, a pity he shied away from shooting so much - although when he did you saw why...

Coq - 7.5 - decent performance, a lot of important defensive work and also was good coming forward at times though not always playing the right ball - was also missed when subbed

Bellerin - 7.5 - was good coming forward, didn't always play the right ball as usual but i thought he showed signs of improvement- also got back defensively at times to make important clearances

Alexis - 7 - gave the ball away a LOT but still dangerous unpredictable and a handful - great comedy at the end

SUBS:

Giroud - tbf he was at the other end of the pitch from where i was but clearly Huth was trying to prevent him getting the ball when he put it in his own net so you need to give him credit for that

Ramsey - just awful - we immediately looked a lot less safe defensively - he missed passes and gave the ball away leading to a LCFC attack. Must be sold

Manager - Wenger - the match again showed that his favoured players like Ramsey and Theo are a total waste of space and if he doesn't ditch them it's a sign that he is so stubbornly biased towards certain players that he really must go for the benefit of the club's future. Not having Lucas even on the bench was a disgrace considering the alternatives.
YEP -pretty much agree. You may be a tad generous with the marks, and I have a question. Is Wenger still making out Lucas is not fully fit? It seems amazing he wasn't sat on the bench. An underused possible gem.

mm76

Yer Da
YEP -pretty much agree. You may be a tad generous with the marks, and I have a question. Is Wenger still making out Lucas is not fully fit? It seems amazing he wasn't sat on the bench. An underused possible gem.

yes possibly, though the marks are relative - i.e. i'm not comparing them to Messi et al :)

re Lucas he was reported to be in training - perhaps Wenger could argue he wasn't fully fit but again when you look at the options he ought to be given another chance where possible.

i'm just really concerned he won't get a real chance in our remaining games and if we then sell him just because Wenger is too stubborn to use him it will really p**s me off...

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Missed the game despite being here to see the lineups. Too tired and sleepy. I actually haven't watched the past 3 games at all. How are we doing with this 3 at the back so far? I mean we're winning obviously but how are we playing?

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Missed the game despite being here to see the lineups. Too tired and sleepy. I actually haven't watched the past 3 games at all. How are we doing with this 3 at the back so far? I mean we're winning obviously but how are we playing?

For starters, it seems to have liberated the defence, with the wider CBs moving further forward when needed and Koscielny mopping up; the wing-backs look extremely threatening due to the attacking freedom afforded to them. There is an increased number of long passes being played by all the CBs.

Midfield is still too porous for me; we still tend to get bypassed in that area rather easily. The attacking patterns needs sorting out, with the roles of the front three being redefined; Özil is playing a deeper role, often dropping back level with Xhaka as a CM playmaker, while the forwards seem to be too static, not getting on the end of balls or shooting enough, and there are occasionally too many players in the same zone when the wing-backs cut inside into the box.

The most interesting thing is that suddenly it feels like we have a lot more players all over the pitch, and the players are looking more assured. Personally, I'm still not entirely convinced by the formation and have been wondering whether a 4-3-3 wouldn't serve us better, but it is clear our improved performances certainly warrant persistence with this strategy for the time being.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Questions:

1) Why was the Ken Friar bridge blocked shortly after the game. Staff said some kind of "emergency" was going on?

2) Who were the other people who were interviewing crowd members right next to AFTV? Their camera looked waaay more expensive than AFTVs....wondered if they were connected to the club in some way.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
For starters, it seems to have liberated the defence, with the wider CBs moving further forward when needed and Koscielny mopping up; the wing-backs look extremely threatening due to the attacking freedom afforded to them. There is an increased number of long passes being played by all the CBs.

Midfield is still too porous for me; we still tend to get bypassed in that area rather easily. The attacking patterns needs sorting out, with the roles of the front three being redefined; Özil is playing a deeper role, often dropping back level with Xhaka as a CM playmaker, while the forwards seem to be too static, not getting on the end of balls or shooting enough, and there are occasionally too many players in the same zone when the wing-backs cut inside into the box.

The most interesting thing is that suddenly it feels like we have a lot more players all over the pitch, and the players are looking more assured. Personally, I'm still not entirely convinced by the formation and have been wondering whether a 4-3-3 wouldn't serve us better, but it is clear our improved performances certainly warrant persistence with this strategy for the time being.
Cheers, Skal. Insightful. I suppose we need to work on a midfield duo and their positioning as well as roles. And find the best combination of forwards-also if 1-2/2-1/3 work best. Decide on Özil whether he plays in tune to the forwards or midfielders. Preference would be the forwards for me.

About playing 4-3-3, I agree but 3 at the back is also something we could build on longterm. A few players suddenly become more useful and have a role more suited to them to perform in. Personally, if it makes us strong in two key areas being the central defense and midfield, its a good platform to build on.

David_Smith

I'm not keen on continuing the 3 at the back formation it's too defensive for me. Too Chelsea-esque. We're a team who likes to take risks we shouldn't change our identity.

4-2-3-1 is our best formation.
I think our current 3 at the back formation is a stop gap solution by Wenger to improve our defensive stability as the team has been too exposed on the counter attack with our main formation recently.

Last edited:

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed

SUBS:

You gave Coq and Bellerin 7.5, Gibbs 8 and Walcott 3. :lol::lol:

The agenda on here against Ramsey and Theo is sickening.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

The likely Spuds meltdown when their title dreams vanish and Alexis winds up Dembele & Alli... :lol:

One can only hope. I'd love a 0-1 win with a penalty that was the result of a blatant Sanchez dive. The anguish would be sweet :drool::lol:

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Let's hope you're wrong cause we all know what happens when Kos doesn't play, it ain't pretty.

As somber as I've come to expect them to be, I can't help but be curious as to what your predictions for the match are?:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom