• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Leicester City | Tuesday 7th July | KO: 20:15 BST | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 44 65.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Leicester win

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Nketiah needs to learn what it means to be an Arsenal player. You will be kicked from here to kingdom come by the opposition but god save you if you even scratch one of them.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What I think about refereeing is that of course, it was a red card on Nketiah. But when is this VAR when teams are talking Pepe? Most players go unpunished for the whole game tackling Pepe.

That is where I would ask questions.

There was a tackle on Pepe from Creswell that should have been a red and he should have had about 3 pens this season.

There was a horror tackle on Guendo from some gimpy Norwich player, that wasn't even looked at in Freddie's first game that had be smashing up my living room :lol:

VAR doesn't make refs better, it just confirms the agendas they have against certain teams.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This is the kind of stuff that will hold more weight when we’re actually winning games.

Right now there isn’t any pressure on refs with regards to Arsenal as we’re a bit of a mess at the moment.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Balogun to take a sub spot next game? Could be interesting.
I wouldn't mind that - would be a great opportunity for him. I think he has potential to be even better than Eddie if given the opportunity. It would certainly go a long way to giving him an incentive to sign a new contract and stay. Having Nketiah, Martinelli, Balogun and TJJ all at the same time would be :drool:worthy

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Can you ask questions of Arteta for putting Willock on for Saka instead of Pepe? It's a bit conservative.

I think it's fair to criticise things like subs and game management, but these are the things which Arteta will naturally struggle in due to lack of experience. He can only get better at game management by managing more games really.

Overall I think he's doing very well.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Final point from me is I still think we lose attacking impetus when Saka goes on the right. Despite the excellent move for the goal he is naturally left-footed and he often adjusts his body to cross with his right, losing that vital half-second.

May look great on paper to have him and two strikers on the pitch but Saka on the left and Aubameyang down the middle should be the default.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
What I think about refereeing is that of course, it was a red card on Nketiah. But where is this VAR when teams are tackling Pepe? Most players go unpunished for the whole game tackling Pepe.

That is where I would ask questions.
What I don't get is that the ref gave Eddie a yellow, so surely the matter should have been done? I thought VAR was being bought in for decisions that the referee misses or cannot see. He clearly saw the challenge and only deemed it worthy of a yellow.

Can you ask questions of Arteta for putting Willock on for Saka instead of Pepe?

Yeah nobody knows why Pepe wasn't brought on. But I would guess Pepe wife was having a baby and maybe Pepe missed practice for this game and him not coming on today has something to do with that.

Or maybe like some people try to make out, maybe Arteta just hate him and Arsenal and wants to see the world burn?

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Nketiah needs to learn what it means to be an Arsenal player. You will be kicked from here to kingdom come by the opposition but god save you if you even scratch one of them.
We all know playing for Arsenal the referees will be so overly harsh & let the other teams get away with everuthing. Just making sure though, mathematically we are out of the relegation battle now aren't we?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What I don't get is that the ref gave Eddie a yellow, so surely the matter should have been done? I thought VAR was being bought in for decisions that the referee misses or cannot see. He clearly saw the challenge and only deemed it worthy of a yellow.
Surely it depends on the refs viewpoint. from behind he may not have seen how high his foot was. Looked a red on the replays. Eddie will learn a lot from that incident.

Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't think var did anything wrong today Leicester goal was not offside and the red card was clear even if it's bit harsh but this is modern football. Only tbing I'm not happy today that Leicester players got away with few yellow cards

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

We all know playing for Arsenal the referees will be so overly harsh & let the other teams get away with everuthing. Just making sure though, mathematically we are out of the relegation battle now aren't we?
Think that is a yes... I was actually worried about that for a while.

Arteta is turning this ship around. We played them off the park in the first half.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

The game was a massive letdown. Flashes of cohesive football, great attacking threat and chances we didn't bury. English shipbuilder strikes again, as usual. Im afraid CL hopes are now "officially" over. United/wolves need to have a shocking tail end of the season which is extremely unlikely, especially united.

Let's keep the consistency of being unbeaten at least, go ballsdeep all the way up the proverbial a$$es of Sp**s this weekend and push on for Europa qualification for next season

Aevi

Hale End FC
Not sure about the exact rules regarding the application of VAR but I do recall seeing it used that way before. Couldn't tell you when.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom