<

PL: Arsenal vs Leicester City | Tuesday 7th July | KO: 20:15 BST | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Oxeki, Jul 4, 2020.

?

Match prediction

1. Arsenal win

44 vote(s)
    65.7%
  2. Draw

15 vote(s)
    22.4%
  3. Leicester win

8 vote(s)
    11.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

They'll never forgive us for going undefeated.

2. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Sometimes you have to make it public and take the hit, as you say. SAF used to get at refs and make subtle pre-emptive remarks about the behaviour of certain opposition players so they came under the microscope until that was banned by the FA. Not enough is done in our defence, seemingly, and it needs to change. I know we've sent dossiers in the past.

3. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

We never have enough English players as well. Even though we do now they’re the wrong type of English for the media and refs.

Stack your side with plodders like Dier and Winks and watch every 50/50 go your way. He’s average but should probably blow a load of money on Declan Rice rather than Partey.

Always annoyed me during the Invincibles’ time how they’d talk about how undisciplined and dirty we were. Constantly bringing up our disciplinary record.

Meanwhile bellends like Scholes or Neville could kick the sh*t out of us and it’s just “proper football.”

4. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

...media constantly laughing off tackles like these as "Oh Scholesy, he just can't tackle can he, hahaha" :mad:

Even when we had Wilshere and Walcott at their best, even they kind of felt like "outsiders" to me with England.

Jury and Rex Banter like this.
  5. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

The invincibles were a shock to the system for British football.

A team led by a middle class non playing Frenchman with a mostly BAME or foreign team.

Press couldn’t have them showing up the Brexit plumbers that lived in the league back then.

Geofranco, Mrs Bergkamp and Riou like this.
  6. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Wenger's done it again, hasn't he?

SA Gunner, Bagels, Rex Banter and 4 others like this.
  7. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

:lol: He said "look, uhh, **** this I'll sort this **** myself"

SA Gunner, Bagels, Riou and 4 others like this.
  8. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

Totally different thing: Did anyone notice that Laca had his arms up cheering the goal even before the ball had arrived at Auba's feet? That's when you know the team mates trust him to put away those.

9. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

We should have won this game in the first half, best performance under Greasy Mik that spell. Shame we’ve got the French DJ Campbell up front for us. 3/4-0 would have been a fair reflection at HT.

10. Monstar-Gunn4r

Monstar-Gunn4r Well-Known Member

The one thing I'll say about this is that the players looked like they were completely pissed about the draw. They'll have been seething all week, I feel like up to now they would've just thought it was unfortunate and not cared too much, you can guarantee the training this week all week will have been fairly intense.

11. rich 1990

rich 1990 Not A Big Believer In Diversity

Can see Wenger arguing with the FA,

''Yes but when i said i did not see it, i didn't have a ****ing tv screen in front of me'

12. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

The more times I look at Leicester's goal the more I am convinced the Leicester player touched it before it came to Vardy. It really looks like it changes path slightly as it is at his foot.

13. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Haha yes mate, I noticed this. You just reminded me.

Its the little things that matter.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  14. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Watched a replay of our 1993 FA Cup, after Smith flicked it on to Wright to score...the replay from behind the goal, showed Merson already celebrating before Ian had even hit the ball...lovely :drool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.