• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Leicester City | Tuesday 7th July | KO: 20:15 BST | Sky Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win

Votes: 44 65.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Leicester win

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Still seething about this. Our momentum halted due to diabolical officiating, we've seen this before. Vardy with a roundhouse kick goes unpunished.

Why is it players are allowed to kick the living daylights out of our players and no face consequences? Bissouma at Brighton away, he made like 7 fouls and wasn't booked. Ayew at Palace away, ****ing 7/8 fouls and no booking. I can't remember who it was but I remember a shocking challenge on Pepe away against Sheff Utd, not even sure he was booked.

Not using it as an excuse, but when you look at the number of draws we have, a lot of it is down to shambolic refereeing. Sokratis had a goal disallowed at home to Palace for no ****ing reason. We've been absolutely scummed. **** the FA.
They'll never forgive us for going undefeated.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Arteta needs to come out and call a spade a spade and just eat any ban that might come as a result. He needs to say that the standard of referring for Arsenal players vs their opponents is beyond disproportionate and crooked. Refs are making decisions with the bias of it's ok to kick Arsenal because they're soft while at the same time using that "softness" to justify intent for any challenge we make. He needs to say it and have the discussion become public because it's been happening for years now and the one time.

I wager it's unheard of in the recent history of any top league in the world for two different players in a single season to make +8 fouls against the opponent and not get booked either time.
Sometimes you have to make it public and take the hit, as you say. SAF used to get at refs and make subtle pre-emptive remarks about the behaviour of certain opposition players so they came under the microscope until that was banned by the FA. Not enough is done in our defence, seemingly, and it needs to change. I know we've sent dossiers in the past.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We never have enough English players as well. Even though we do now they’re the wrong type of English for the media and refs.

Stack your side with plodders like Dier and Winks and watch every 50/50 go your way. He’s average but should probably blow a load of money on Declan Rice rather than Partey.

Always annoyed me during the Invincibles’ time how they’d talk about how undisciplined and dirty we were. Constantly bringing up our disciplinary record.

Meanwhile bellends like Scholes or Neville could kick the sh*t out of us and it’s just “proper football.”

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We never have enough English players as well. Even though we do now they’re the wrong type of English for the media and refs.

Stack your side with plodders like Dier and Winks and watch every 50/50 go your way. He’s average but should probably blow a load of money on Declan Rice rather than Partey.

Always annoyed me during the Invincibles’ time how they’d talk about how undisciplined and dirty we were. Constantly bringing up our disciplinary record.

Meanwhile bellends like Scholes or Neville could kick the sh*t out of us and it’s just “proper football.”

...media constantly laughing off tackles like these as "Oh Scholesy, he just can't tackle can he, hahaha" :mad:

Even when we had Wilshere and Walcott at their best, even they kind of felt like "outsiders" to me with England.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

...media constantly laughing off tackles like these as "Oh Scholesy, he just can't tackle can he, hahaha" :mad:

Even when we had Wilshere and Walcott at their best, even they kind of felt like "outsiders" to me with England.

The invincibles were a shock to the system for British football.

A team led by a middle class non playing Frenchman with a mostly BAME or foreign team.

Press couldn’t have them showing up the Brexit plumbers that lived in the league back then.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Totally different thing: Did anyone notice that Laca had his arms up cheering the goal even before the ball had arrived at Auba's feet? That's when you know the team mates trust him to put away those.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We should have won this game in the first half, best performance under Greasy Mik that spell. Shame we’ve got the French DJ Campbell up front for us. 3/4-0 would have been a fair reflection at HT.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The more times I look at Leicester's goal the more I am convinced the Leicester player touched it before it came to Vardy. It really looks like it changes path slightly as it is at his foot.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Haha yes mate, I noticed this. You just reminded me.

Its the little things that matter.

Watched a replay of our 1993 FA Cup, after Smith flicked it on to Wright to score...the replay from behind the goal, showed Merson already celebrating before Ian had even hit the ball...lovely :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom