• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Man City | 02/04/2017| 16:00 GMT | Sky Sports 1

How will Arsenal let us down on Sunday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I think aftv was good when they had people that spoke about game not just Wenger. It became now comical relief... Everybody I know whether they like or dislike football!!!! Subscribed to it
I know more rival fans who follow it for a laugh than I do Arsenal fans who follow it for relief.

I wasn't surprised by fans attacking Robbie and saying you "you're just in it for the money". As much as I have enjoyed the channel at times, I have also recently started to feel like it is a counter-productive. The money bit is just a sign of what a joke we are right now. Rival fans willing to watch at our expense.

Malky

Established Member
The fans are disrespectful little cubes

... The team was prepared, bellerin made an individual mistake. His positioning was off. Don't belittle the managers preparation. We outplayed for most of the game.

I won't comment on the rest of your post because honestly it didn't warrant any comment.
No we were outplayed for most of the game, City could and should of buried us in the first half hour. What game were you watching?
I'll belittle the managers preperation how I see it! We started ****, looked unorganised you make out like Bellerin's mistake was a one off, we've been conceeding goals like that all season! How do you explain the shambles for their 2nd? We couldn't even keep the ball for 2 minutes.
If that was Chelsea we were playing, we would of been hammerd in the first half. Hell, even Sp**s would of humiliated us. Luckily City's defense is as awful as ours.

And how is what I've said disrespectful? It's fact. £100M spent in the summer and we're finishing outside the top4, below Sp**s and Liverpool, when we have the far superior squad. Our midfield is terrible, we're shoehorning players into a formation that doesn't suit them. Xhaka is the best example of that!

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Don't know if anybody's said it yet, but I thought Monreal had a good game. For the most part, he bossed that left side.

He looked dangerous in their box and got to the baseline on a couple of occasions. His defensive headers were effective and he blocked Sterling several times without much help.

Ballerin otoh was out if position on a few occasions and struggled to attack with any menace.

I said it on the Monreal thread. I made him our MOM. He linked up well with Sanchez and was strong in defence.

It's no coincidence that Monreal looks like a different player when a danger such as Alexis is in front of him on the LW.

Can you imagine if we had a player even just 50% of the ability of Alexis on the RW? If we can't buy a top, top striker, then why not get a player who can play on the other wing with fantastic dribbling ability and decision making. That player doesn't even have to have top end product.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's no coincidence that Monreal looks like a different player when a danger such as Alexis is in front of him on the LW.

Can you imagine if we had a player even just 50% of the ability of Alexis on the RW? If we can't buy a top, top striker, then why not get a player who can play on the other wing with fantastic dribbling ability and decision making. That player doesn't even have to have top end product.
Should have bought Sadio Mane.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He was on the market last Summer. Think Liverpool ended up paying £34m. Might have been tough to outbid them. Better than Mahrez in terms of speed.
Come on. It isn't 2013 anymore. We have more money than Pool right now. Doesn't mean he would have signed for us but I don't buy this line at all.

What next? We can't outbid LCFC for fecking Jamie Vardy? Suppose technically we were outbid.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Come on. It isn't 2013 anymore. We have more money than Pool right now. Doesn't mean he would have signed for us but I don't buy this line at all.

What next? We can't outbid LCFC for fecking Jamie Vardy? Suppose technically we were outbid.
We could outbid Pool, but until Wenger or the next manager sells Walcott, can't see us putting in a big bid for a right sided winger.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Dermot Gallagher saying on Sky that Monreal's handball was not a pen. Navas pushed Monreal's arm up, towards the ball. In fact it could have been a free kick to Arsenal, according to him :lol:

He's completely right. I tweeted this yesterday to Sky so at least someone finally analysed the decision correctly.

Last time I checked, contacting a player's arm with your foot is a foul. And that's exactly what Navas did.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I'm not even having a go at the English, most of them are alright, like Scousers and Geordies but Londoners are just knobs in general :lol:

Any grown man saying "allow it" unironically deserves a swift kick to the balls.

So all 8.5 million Londoners are knobs? The majority of Arsenals English fan-base are knobs? And you know this as a fact because you met one once and because you watched this video? Im going to assume that you're about 12 years old and also that you are not a brain surgeon.

'low it blud.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Really odd how neither goal was celebrated. I thought perhaps they expected the first to be given as offside but then it happened again with the second. Divide in the dressing room?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

So all 8.5 million Londoners are knobs? The majority of Arsenals English fan-base are knobs? And you know this as a fact because you met one once and because you watched this video? Im going to assume that you're about 12 years old and also that you are not a brain surgeon.

'low it blud.

No in fact I do have a large portion of London in my blood to my shame. And as you'll clearly agree I am in fact a massive knob so point proven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom