• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Manchester City | 01/02/04

JazzG

Established Member
Lauren did at times look dodgy, mainly at the start but settled in. Gilberto was just fine, had one of his better games so don't have a clue where your coming from. He can do no right in the eyes of some........

Mark

Established Member
yeah lauren played a dangerous back pass at one point which was rather scary. gilberto gave the ball away a bit too, but his tackling was very good today. gilberto and parlour aren't the greatest combination in midfield as neither of them are great passers or good at bringing the ball forward. we coped, but we missed vieira today.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
JazzG said:
Lauren did at times look dodgy, mainly at the start but settled in. Gilberto was just fine, had one of his better games so don't have a clue where your coming from. He can do no right in the eyes of some........

He looked so sluggish and lethargic. His passing is so wayward sometimes. He's probably more use to playing in the heat on the sands of Rio de Janeiro and the cold is probably still a bit of a culture shock to him.

gooner_srf

I t seems Lauren isnt that good anymore... put toure there..keown back at central def, that would be good... 8)

Mark

Established Member
juz7_pi12es said:
and why do we need gilberto anyway?

we don't need gilberto but he is useful, he protects the back four and his tackling is good and four goals this season from someone defensive as him isn't bad. he allows vieira to go forward more too. he is a useful part of our team.

AFCG7

Established Member
i'm glad people realise the value of Ray Parlour to the squad.. to me he is the ONLY man who come close to filling Vieira's boots in midfield and i think he and Vieira should start every game together if this is possible

gooner_srf

AFCG7 said:
i'm glad people realise the value of Ray Parlour to the squad.. to me he is the ONLY man who come close to filling Vieira's boots in midfield and i think he and Vieira should start every game together if this is possible

yes..this is true, put parlour and viera...gilberto has lost his great passing skill for now, and we need to play attack, parlour can attack and defend at the same time... and his hard work is undoubtable 8)

jc8gooner

gilberto has lost his great passing skill for now
What great passing skill?

I will always admire Parlour. He should have had many more appearances for Arsenal under AW, cos whenever he comes in, he plays excellent.

jc8gooner

Cmon though guys and girls, the most exciting thing about today was Cygan as a left winger. Cor he impressed me. :lol:

Latest posts

Top Bottom