• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Manchester United | 28/03/04

gooner

On Wednesday we were a bit flat against Chelsea compared to how we have recently been playing against all other teams. Gudjhonsen scored a good goal although it should never have been a goal because Lehmann decided to hoof it forward, but I reckon sometimes he should kick it sideways so that way he is in less danger and ain’t under as much pressure. Chelsea were really dominating after there goal and only a brilliant Toure block who played brilliantly all night denied Chelsea from scoring a second. In a matter of five or six minutes, Vieira picked the ball up in the middle and spreaded it down the left for Cole, who sent in a peach of a cross for Pires to header brilliantly into the bottom left hand corner of the goal to give Arsenal the crucial away goal. As soon as Desailly got sent off it looked like it was just a matter of time till Arsenal get there second but luckily for Chelsea there wasn’t a lot of time left. This tie is not over and they will come to Highbury with a lot of confidence and as this is a one off match they will give everything.

Anyway this Sunday we take on Manchester United at Highbury. Remember the last time we played them this season when RVN got Vieira sent off and missed a penalty in the dying minutes and he also got beat up by Keown – may god bless you. All fans will be out to provoke RVN and I hope he gets it bad as I really hate him. He gets on my nerve and people give so much credit for scoring so many goals but how many of them goals would he have scored without Man utd’s midfield supply, whereas Henry makes his own goals maked goals for others and is on another level compared to RVN. I still remember last season when they came to Highbury when it finished 2 – 2. RVN gave them an early lad after he nutmegged Campbell and went straight through one on one and Taylor’s hesitation let him finish it. In the second half we came out more confident and Ashley Cole hit a shot, which came off Heny and somehow ended up in the back of the net and then we went in front after Henry scored a brilliant offside goal. Then suddenly one minute later Giggs scored a header down our end. Then Slsjkaer got Campbell sent off and the game ended 2 – 2.

I really want Arsenal players to give 200% on Sunday against Manchester United and score as many as they can against Manchester United so we can take Man Utd out of the title race, and it will also give them a psychological blow before next Saturdays match against them in the FA cup. Since Rio got his ban, Man Utd’s defence has looked nothing short of shambles and when Arsenal are at full throttle and playing brilliant attacking football we can easily rip that defence apart and I hope we do on Sunday.

One player who I admit is maturing brilliantly and is looking very dangerous every time I see him is Ronaldo the fake one. He is very fast, can use both feet and has some good long range shots as well as some good crosses. Recently he has been looking very dangerous. When he first came he went down too easily and was not composed enough but now he has improved on both of these issues and we will have to keep a close eye on him. One other player who should be back on Sunday for them is Louis Saha. This guy is very dangerous and has the total package as he has pace, good shots as well as a good header. The partnership between him and RVN has been looking very dangerous and we will also have to keep a close eye on him.

This Sunday will be a very difficult match with all top football pundits looking carefully to slate Arsenal down especially if we lose and they will make Fergie the best manager in the world.

Anyway, we all know how good Man Utd are and below is a list of their key players to look out for.

Scholes – Key Man 1
RVN + Saha - Key Men 2
Ronaldo - Key Man 3
Giigs + Keane - Key Men 4
Howard – Key Man 5
Silvestre - Key Man 6

Fergie says Howard will not be playing in goal but I just think that is some mind games.

Ashley Cole is out and Clichy will no doubt come in to replace him and he will have great test down his side as he will be up against Ronaldo or Solsjkaer. This is what I think the line up will be:

Lehmann

Lauren Campbell Toure Clichy

Ljungberg Vieira Edu Pires

Bergkamp Henry

I hope we hit that nail through Man United fans hearts on Sunday and really show them who the daddy is.

Good Luck to the gunners on Sunday!!!

Adam

Established Member
Good stuff Gooner.

Utd's central midfield duo will be important for them. I expect Keane and Scholes/Butt/P Neville to close Vieira and Edu down quickly. How we cope with that will be important in sustaining a fluent game.

lee1001

Established Member
Can anyone remember that bastard Fergie strolling around highbury's sacred turf as if he owned the place and then shaking the referee's hand for getting Campbell sent off last year?

For me this is all about revenge, i hope we put 5 past them!!

Aussie

Established Member
lee1001 said:
Can anyone remember that bastard Fergie strolling around highbury's sacred turf as if he owned the place and then shaking the referee's hand for getting Campbell sent off last year?

For me this is all about revenge, i hope we put 5 past them!!

5 bah 10 at least.

No really i would be quite happy even if we draw.

Aussie

Established Member
lewdikris said:
A draw would suit us just fine to be honest - but f**k it, let's hammer the ****.

16-0 to the Arsenal.

And Jens can make up for his **** up by scoring a hatrick.

Soler

Established Member
If that happened I think I'd get over 100 points for a gameweek with my fantasy PL team.

wiltord11

i dont think bergkamp will play i think reyes wil replace him and ive ogt a feeling that gilberto will replace edu because gilberto will be going to brazil so its a good chance to rest him

grennan84

lets just hope we are not tired from the chelsea game cause we looked it near the end. as long as we get sumthing out of this game ill be happy. man utd have had a bad season and they will want 2 make it up 2 there fans with a win at highbury so i dont c a high scoring game.

Arsene

Scholes – Key Man 1
RVN + Saha - Key Men 2
Ronaldo - Key Man 3
Giigs + Keane - Key Men 4
Howard – Key Man 5
Silvestre - Key Man 6

I dissagree. I don't think Scholes is a big game performer versus us, his style to play is not as treatening to us as say Ronaldo, who in my opinion will cause us alot of problems, especially when our full backs bomb forward.

The Mini

Got to be Reyes, Bergy has played a few games on the trot and may be a bit tired. And Reyes' pace could really do some damage.

Adam

Established Member
Wenger has the players focussed for this one. He realises just how important the psychological boost will be in winning this game, going into the semi.

A draw is not good enough in that sense. United's last chance of silverware in the semi will see them motivated, and if we can demoralise before that game - then any negativity or dejected feelings coming from their camp will sure as hell make the semi that much easier for us.

Gooner83

We Drew at their ground which was a good result, need to win at ours though.

That Scholes is one dirty hallion, everyone says hes a great player but thats one side of his game he needs to brush up.. i also noticed hes a bit slow too.

Senght

Hope we hammer the **** 3-0 at least. Henry ahs been looking off form lately, he needs to rediscover his goalscoring form.Hopefully it will happen in this match. I think Clichy will have a great game against Ronaldo or Solsjaer as this kid really has great potential. Expect Ronaldo to play at the left though. If Lauren continue to play like in recent weeks, we will have no problem. My prediction 3-0 to the Arse, hope RvN gets so much abuse thaT he beg Fergie to sub him off.

Arsenal forever.

A

Anonymous

Ronaldo V Clichy is going to be a big match up. I can see them getting a lot of joy down that wing and it could be crucial.

Latest posts

Top Bottom