• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Manchester United | 28/03/04

A

Anonymous

As anyone noticed Henry is not playing well. He was lazy and at times giving the ball away. he has been like that for the last 5 games.

just because he scored a great goal, everyone thinks he is great.

Lauren should have scored, and screwed up. Henry has done many like this. Does lauren screams at Henry- noooooooooooooo

Never. LAUREN is a class act so lay off him

A

Anonymous

we are at a stage we have got a great chance in wining 3 trophys.

Now lets see which player comes up to the plate and battles.

Just watch Henry disappear. :mrgreen:

jc8gooner

Before we start criticising the team too much, unjustifiably in my opinion, bear this in mind: Manchester Utd needed to win today, to keep any realistic hope of winning the League alive. We prevented them from doing that.
Plus, this is one of our hardest fixtures in the run-in out of the way. With 8 games to go, we now need 5 wins to clinch the league.

Let's not start criticising the manager for his subs, the individual players or their decisions. Today was an excellent day.

Mark

Established Member
Don't forget that Chelski will surely drop points at some point. They still have to go to Old Trafford. They have some tough games too. We definetly have an advantage. Lets just concentrate on the semi final. I really want us to win that because if we do we will surely win the FA Cup.

Gooner83

Seen some comments about Henry pushing Reyes off him after he scored.

I watched the tape again, and Henry didn't know who was behind him when he did that, so it could have been anyone.

He wanted to go down the corner flag before he got mobbed.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
I think Pires was MOTM but he did get tired..at the end of it..and do was freddie. The subs were right because as much as Pires still had it in him to provide that killer pass he wasn't covering his area that well. The subs were made to just bring in fresh legs.
I bet if the score had remained 1-0 no one would be *****ing about the subs. And for all who keep claiming that we should have gone for the second..I don't know where you get the football logic. Actually we did a better job containing Manure(prior) to the equaliser compared to our last 2 home games. But in the end we gave away a goal. Sh* happens.

Give the players their props.. they did play a better game today. I think we are disappointed actually because of that, they played good enuff to win. Obviously that didn't happen but we can't start the scapegoating again.

Today's game gave me a much better feel for the FA semi-final.

Mark

Established Member
In the semi final we need to create as many chances as we did today but TAKE them and we need to kill the game off so there's no chance of the **** getting back in it. We also need to play for the whole 90 minutes, however big a lead we may have. Me thinks it won't be a terribly great lead anyway.

Their defence is dodgy and we didn't exploit them where they are weak today and one of those weaknesses is set pieces. Remember against Everton they conceeded 3 goals from set pieces, surely we can do some damage there.

It will have to be a better performance all round.

Arsenal316

Well, after reading some uninspiring posts by JGooner concerning Cygan and Gilberto, here's what I have to say about the whole thing.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. When Wenger decides to take off players for a more defensive starting 11, you obviously run the risk of allowing the opponent more chances to touch the ball, and create scoring opportunities. Wenger has done this before. And in MOST cases, we were able to hold on to the lead and win.

This game was an example of what could happen if you decide to play to hold a lead. This will happen, it has happened to teams before. Wenger felt confident that he could field Cygan and Gilberto to hold the lead. It didn't happen. Does that mean these two guys are the worst players ever? Hell no. Does that mean Wenger will never field these two for the rest of the year? Hell no. Does that mean Wenger is an absolute ***** for even putting these two on the pitch? Hell no. Does that mean Wenger is so incompetent he shouldn't be coaching this team? Hell no.

You are more than welcome to criticize the decisions and plays that went wrong in THIS GAME. Once you've taken it outside the context of the game, and start calling players crap in general, and calling Wenger a complete idiot, then you've taken it too far. Any sane and intelligent person would realize that Wenger has decided to play to hold a lead before, and HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL.

If you're going to jump over him over the one time this stragety goes bad, then you really have no idea what you're talking about. And frankly, if you're going to do that, you're opening yourself to be crucified by the other members of this board. I would say that there is a majority of people here who do know what they're talking about, and have a rational and resonable sense of mind. Unfortunately, there are people who lack this basic skill....some of which have posted in this topic......

Oh how I would like to make a topic pointing out all these unintelligent posters...........but then again, responding to idiots is not worth my precious time. :roll:

A

Anonymous

therock said:
As anyone noticed Henry is not playing well. He was lazy and at times giving the ball away. he has been like that for the last 5 games.

just because he scored a great goal, everyone thinks he is great.

Lauren should have scored, and screwed up. Henry has done many like this. Does lauren screams at Henry- noooooooooooooo

Never. LAUREN is a class act so lay off him
i agree with everything cept that last sentance,lauren is class your having a laugh,he has been the weakest link in the team,back passes i could give 20 examples,just ask yourself this,if clichy was right footed......

Ridge

i rather hope henry apologizes to lauren. yes henry you were nearly the hero tonight, but you cant do these to your teammates. :x

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Arsenal316 said:
Well, after reading some uninspiring posts by JGooner concerning Cygan and Gilberto, here's what I have to say about the whole thing.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. When Wenger decides to take off players for a more defensive starting 11, you obviously run the risk of allowing the opponent more chances to touch the ball, and create scoring opportunities. Wenger has done this before. And in MOST cases, we were able to hold on to the lead and win.

This game was an example of what could happen if you decide to play to hold a lead. This will happen, it has happened to teams before. Wenger felt confident that he could field Cygan and Gilberto to hold the lead. It didn't happen. Does that mean these two guys are the worst players ever? Hell no. Does that mean Wenger will never field these two for the rest of the year? Hell no. Does that mean Wenger is an absolute ***** for even putting these two on the pitch? Hell no. Does that mean Wenger is so incompetent he shouldn't be coaching this team? Hell no.

You are more than welcome to criticize the decisions and plays that went wrong in THIS GAME. Once you've taken it outside the context of the game, and start calling players crap in general, and calling Wenger a complete idiot, then you've taken it too far. Any sane and intelligent person would realize that Wenger has decided to play to hold a lead before, and HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL.

If you're going to jump over him over the one time this stragety goes bad, then you really have no idea what you're talking about. And frankly, if you're going to do that, you're opening yourself to be crucified by the other members of this board. I would say that there is a majority of people here who do know what they're talking about, and have a rational and resonable sense of mind. Unfortunately, there are people who lack this basic skill....some of which have posted in this topic......

Oh how I would like to make a topic pointing out all these unintelligent posters...........but then again, responding to idiots is not worth my precious time. :roll:

Excellent point.

A

Anonymous

Mark said:
Don't forget that Chelski will surely drop points at some point. They still have to go to Old Trafford. They have some tough games too. We definetly have an advantage. Lets just concentrate on the semi final. I really want us to win that because if we do we will surely win the FA Cup.

i don't think chelsea will drop points. they are stronger then united.

i can see Arsenal dropping points. the title is basically between chelsea and Arsenal

Andrew

Seriously, if we were all in Henry's position at the time we all probably would have had a go at him. But I can sit back now and not get mad with him, after all he is a right back and had every right to go for goal, he just dwelled on it too long. It can't be changed now. I do hope Henry has had a talk to him behind the scenes and said he overreacted. But I believe it's still nonsense about Henry having no team spirit. Him getting upset with Lauren I think shows how much he wants the team to win. After all, Henry already scored a cracker and is getting all the plaudits for that so he didn't need another goal for himself, he wanted another goal for the team.

I was very impressed with Reyes today. I was worried to not see Bergkamp start but Reyes worked non-stop and always looked threatening. Was probably a wrong decision to take him off. Pires was great today and has been now for our last several matches. Lehmann was very solid. I thought Vieira and Edu were below par today, but apart from them there was no one I was really dissapointed with.

Andrew

BTW, about the sub thing that Wenger did at the end. He always does something like that if we are winning by 1 goal. Personally, I wish he didn't do it. Because by doing it yesterday we were inviting them to attack. It also happened against Charlton and Bolton but we had a little luck and held on to our lead. In this match obviously Manure took their chance and we didn't have the luck today. You could see it coming. I don't mind if Wenger wants to go more defensive because we can still hit teams on the counter attack but if Pires is taken off then that threat is almost gone.

Andrew

Also, how pathetic are some of our fans. Abusing the hell out of Gilberto and Cygan around about page 12-16. Just pathetic. What the hell did they do wrong? Was it their fault for the goal? I can't stress how pathetic it is.

kNiteMare

Seen the match.

I cannot see how people are blaming cygan and gilberto for the draw. The goal has nothing to do with them and as far as i can see during the match when they were on, they did nothing wrong.

Sammer

Established Member
Arsenal316 said:

Thanks for posting this, Arsenal316.

I am sick an tired of the same useless player-bashing from some folks on this board, it´s a very immature way of letting our your own frustration out.

Laxness

I must apologise. I lashed out at Cygan and Gilberto earlier, as I was frustrated about letting 2 pts slip. I hope people don't accuse me of being a Glory Hunter, or not a fan at all. I was frustrated at that time, and took it out, foolishly.

Once again, I apologise.

Latest posts

Top Bottom