• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Manchester United | 28/03/04

Phil

Wenger was wrong to tinker. Cyagan was sent on to support Clichy as Solskaer's threat was growing.

What does the great bald-headed **** do? He charges forward to support the attack! Where was he for the equiliser? Exactly!

Phil

If you send on a player to support the left side:

1) Why Cygan? He is not the most mobile option. You could argue that graham Stack was a better option!

2) What were his instructions? With 3 minutes left, do you want him over the half-way line?

It was a frustrating end to the match, why?

Because in the final few minutes, with the ragged formation we had on the pitch, we showed we could go up another gear. Manure? That was the best they had. We still had more in the tank.

While Manure will bleat about refereeing decisions, just like a failed Liverpool Manager, we (fans, players, even St. Thierry) know that we should have put them away with our talent!

quattro

at the very least, the bad tactics (trying to hold the lead with 10 mins to go with men cold from the bench, jens' going out of his area at chelsea) have shown their flaws and have been exposed. we've paid the price, but it ain't that steep... yet. hope they are examined and corrected for the next matches. nothing like some fresh, relatively painful lessons to keep us (or rather make us) sharper.

vin de guerre

Call me an optimist but I am quite happy with the draw. We kept the unbeaten run. The players have achieved a great fete and came off the pitch disappointed. If I was one of those sacred squad I would be now focusing and raring to tear the manure to shreds in the FA Cup. Call it Parapsychology or whatever but that was the perfect result to spur us on to greater heights. A win may have created complacency in a fortnight when we need to be Hungry.
Go Go Gooners Go!

Phil

therock said:
i don't think chelsea will drop points. they are stronger then united.

i can see Arsenal dropping points. the title is basically between chelsea and Arsenal

I think that Chelsea WILL drop points.

Why?

If they beat us in the ECCL they will become distracted by the matches with Real Madrid.

If they lose to us in the ECCL they will react badly.

We have an advantage: both Manure and Arsenal have team spirit born of previous successes, and failures, as a team. Chelsea do not have that. They have talent in abundance. They have skill and fight in every position, in depth. They do not have the collective will to win together. That comes from the collective.

We will prevail.

Gunner Ossie

Here my 2 cense worth.

Conclusion : Wengers Decisions resulted in a draw. PERIOD

Resaons where obvious

I was watching the game with another 10 arsenal fans and as soon as wenger started his substitutions I said what the **** is he doing That is the stupidest thing to do when your 1 nil up against man u.

Before their goal man u where huffing and puffing but not realy getting anywhere. The reasons for this were because they were unwilling to commit too many players forward through fear of our counter attacking players who where still on the pitch, and we were still doing a decent job at denying them the ball.

As soon as wenger himself choose to remove that counter attacking threat and reduce our capacity to retain the ball man u started to commit more players forward, kamikazee style, because cygan and gilberto where far less likely to cause them a problem at the back than pires/ljungberg.

I dont care what anyone says, coz if man city can put 4 past united. we should at least have been searching for the victory for the whole 90 minutes, rather than 70 minutes, afterall it was arsenal that where playing at home.

Think about it guys, how many times has a team putting ten men behind the ball ever stopped arsenal from scoring? Thus, if this tactic haas not stopped arsenal scoring, I cant think why Wenger should think it would stop united.

Other than wenger's tactics, I thought our team looked jaded as they did against chelsea, and showed man U far too much respect.

We deserve more than a point.

Ime not bothered about Man U in the title race, its chelsea Ime concerned about, especially with games against newcastle and liverpool to come.

vin de guerre

I see where your coming fromand I share your concern for future matches but I think this result is a positive not a negative. We will strive on from here!

Senght

Gunner Ossie said:
Here my 2 cense worth.

Conclusion : Wengers Decisions resulted in a draw. PERIOD

Resaons where obvious

I was watching the game with another 10 arsenal fans and as soon as wenger started his substitutions I said what the f**k is he doing That is the stupidest thing to do when your 1 nil up against man u.

Before their goal man u where huffing and puffing but not realy getting anywhere. The reasons for this were because they were unwilling to commit too many players forward through fear of our counter attacking players who where still on the pitch, and we were still doing a decent job at denying them the ball.

As soon as wenger himself choose to remove that counter attacking threat and reduce our capacity to retain the ball man u started to commit more players forward, kamikazee style, because cygan and gilberto where far less likely to cause them a problem at the back than pires/ljungberg.

I dont care what anyone says, coz if man city can put 4 past united. we should at least have been searching for the victory for the whole 90 minutes, rather than 70 minutes, afterall it was arsenal that where playing at home.

Think about it guys, how many times has a team putting ten men behind the ball ever stopped arsenal from scoring? Thus, if this tactic haas not stopped arsenal scoring, I cant think why Wenger should think it would stop united.

Other than wenger's tactics, I thought our team looked jaded as they did against chelsea, and showed man U far too much respect.

We deserve more than a point.

Ime not bothered about Man U in the title race, its chelsea Ime concerned about, especially with games against newcastle and liverpool to come.

Agreed with you there. Lets move on from here. We still got Chelski home, Pool Spudz and Newcastle games. Im equally baffled at the amount of clear chances we have and scoring only one. It could have been a thrashing at the very least.

Aussie

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
For the record, United will beat Chelsea at Old Trafford. Which is a very good thing.

If is close between us and chelsea united will probably throw the game.

Soler

Established Member
No they won't. That'd be stupid because United can still finish second. This is what i want to know: Will Chelsea try and catch up to us and steal the title from us, or will they defend second place?

IMO, whichever way they go will settle this ...

Senght

Doubt Manure can finish second this season. Chelski beat them earlier this season and has been looking stronger.

Aussie

Established Member
Chelski have a sniff and when you havent won a title in 50 years they will go full bore for the title.

vin de guerre

Heres where I see Chelski falling down.

03-Apr-04 A Tottenham Hotspur D
10-Apr-04 H Middlesbrough W
12-Apr-04 A Aston Villa W
17-Apr-04 H Everton W
25-Apr-04 A Newcastle United L
01-May-04 H Southampton W
08-May-04 A Manchester United D
15-May-04 H Leeds United W

Soler

Established Member
Be interesting to see how Sp**s play against them. Not a lot of love lost between Chelsea and Tottenham.

AlexH

Aussie said:
Mad Jens said:
For the record, United will beat Chelsea at Old Trafford. Which is a very good thing.

If is close between us and chelsea united will probably throw the game.

Much as they might like to stuff us like this, it would never happen.

Apart from this, remember that only the 1st and 2nd place in the league get automatic CL entry...3rd has to qualify, so ManU and Fungie will be pushing like crazy for that second place...

Adam

Established Member
Arsène and Arsenal have realised the mistakes not to make in front of the more important Semi Final. We can be strong.

marco

" gunner ossie"

wenger knew we were tired from the other night we had a difficult game midweek not sure if anyone rememebed???

and he tried to go a bit defensive and hold out and it didnt work but we had chances to win that match and didnt take them. look at lauren in the last minute i dont think we showed them too much respect but we started to look tired in the last ten mins. lets just hope that we can beat them next week.

p.s clichy man of the match>

Latest posts+

Top Bottom