• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Manchester United | Wednesday 1st January | KO: 20:00 | BT Sport

Result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 31 42.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • United Win

Votes: 27 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Mate it should have been easy goal but he put it in throw in.
Still that doesn’t mean it was a 'tap in'. Taking a shot & tapping in are different things
& he bullied mcguire to make that chance for himself, just because he was close to goal doesn’t mean it was very easy. His body shape & the angle weren’t that good. It was a good chance but not a missed easy tap in.
He was great at everything but shooting today

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Fred has to be the worst Brazilian I have ever watched attempt to play football, and I have seen Andre Santos!

He makes Kleberson look like Gilberto Silva, and I think Gilberto is his agent, who must have been laughing all the way to the bank after Jose paid £50 million for him :lol:

I think the reason the ref never booked despite making about 100 fouls, is that he assumed Fred was the United mascot, and he didn't have the heart to tell him to stop.

Kleberson: "How did I do today Gilberto?"

Gilberto: "Man of the match for me kid, really helped Arsenal dominate the midfield"

Bloodbather

Established Member

Excellent performance by the team. I chalk the second half drop-off to fitness issues.

Bernd Leno: Not a busy night for him, not something we've been able to say a whole lot this season.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: A notable development: AMN as a RB works much better under Arteta because he's expected to be a quasi-midfielder. Very solid.

Sead Kolašinac: Dropped off a bit in the second half and then got injured, but was in the great territory in the first half. Strong contribution to the attacks, nice assist to Pépé.

David Luiz: Rock at the back, involved in build-up play. His best performance for us to date.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos: Solid effort, no mess ups. Scored the goal that gave us the cushion that we couldn't obtain against Chelsea.

Lucas Torreira: That's 3/3 great performances for him with Arteta playing him in his actual position. Disruption machine.

Granit Xhaka: Our balance in midfield was light and day between Chelsea and tonight. This guy is the reason why. Forms a nice dynamic with Lucas. Warming up to the idea of him staying.

Mesut Özil: Arteta has buy-in from him, very clearly. Super engaged and tries to contribute to team defense. Having a solid midfield behind him helps, too.

Nicolas Pépé: Very important game for the lad. Finally got the starting job and showed up big time. Got tired in the second half, but showed his talent clearly in the first.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Bit of a rough game for him, should've done better in the counters. Still, created a couple of good opportunities for Laca and Nelson and contributed defensively.

Alexandre Lacazette: Still lacking the agility and the clinical finishing, but put in a shift tonight. Helped retain possession tremendously.

-----

Reiss Nelson: Falls over too often, and for how quick his first touch is, it's shocking how slow his second and third touches can be.

Bukayo Saka: Decent tackle on Wan-Bissaka near the end that gave us a goal kick. Should work on power on his shots.

Matteo Guendouzi: Nothing significant in a 10 minute cameo.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Great performance, as I was hoping for, we put the game to bed in the first half, before eventually dropping due to fitness issues.

Arteta has done more in three games than Emery in twelve months, hopefully we'll be keeping this up.

Incredible reaction to the tough Chelsea loss from the team, well done.

Still that doesn’t mean it was a 'tap in'. Taking a shot & tapping in are different things
& he bullied mcguire to make that chance for himself, just because he was close to goal doesn’t mean it was very easy. His body shape & the angle weren’t that good. It was a good chance but not a missed easy tap in.
He was great at everything but shooting today

He should have scored it by just placed in the far corner.

He did work well but everything he did in attack bar maybe one cross to Auba was terrible.

teamsoutheast

I'm so happy we won that. Well deserved. Give these guys a coulple months and they will be better fitness wise. Somehow this season is exciting again....

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Luiz interview is quite telling....players not as fit as should be but working on it...

Alot happier now in the camp and that real feeling can move on...

Fantastic performance in different ways. Arteta a minor miracle worker given his limited time with team so far.

Unbelievable Jeff

musoke

Wow. Luiz has thrown Emery under the bus. He says the group is happy, they are fit and they believe in Arteta's philosophy. 18 wasted months and God knows how much money too.
Poor attitude..
They are getting paid but chose to just down tools because they hated Emery?
They've gotten us all nervous and in relegation zone, all for what? Their precious ego's?
No what happens in the future when they decide again that they are not happy with Arteta?
Then what?
Players need to stop acting like princesses for once..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom