• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Manchester United | Wednesday 1st January | KO: 20:00 | BT Sport

Result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 31 42.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • United Win

Votes: 27 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
As you've said it's one game but I generally have a lot of problems with the distance covered stat.

What impressed me about Özil's performance and what he's been lacking is intensity and purpose in the way he engages opponents without the ball not this narrative about the amount of running he does.

He actually pressed the United defenders with intent and the reaction from the fans was in recognition of that. It should be a minimum standard though and if anything it proves he can and should be doing more.
When Özil won the ball near the technical areas, Laca was so surprised that he failed to make the run! It was the intent and I've always felt that an aggressive sprint to engage the opponent works better than jogging around covering spaces. I don't think we can maintain that style which is why we need speed and physicality in the squad.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
When Özil won the ball near the technical areas, Laca was so surprised that he failed to make the run! It was the intent and I've always felt that an aggressive sprint to engage the opponent works better than jogging around covering spaces. I don't think we can maintain that style which is why we need speed and physicality in the squad.

Completely agree, very well said.

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
What a difference a manager with clever ideas can make. Never seen us pressing with such an intensity like we did in the first half and especially we always gave the impression to have the game under control.

Symbia

What a great way to start a new year and decade!
Never liked those women yanited piece of crap fan base, annoying lots that think other teams are piece of sh*ts and theirs, a great team with small issues.
Hearing from their fans pretending to know how football is played makes me wanna stop watching the game, let's not even go redcafe comedy center as I really do not want to vomit.

A few tap-ins and Lingard is now the ultimate conqueror and destroyer of Arsenal, poor Ole, gambling with that baby face, semi physically developed dude in every match vs Arsenal.

Was hoping Xhaka smatched it in again and chortled to the misery of their fans.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I picked up on this too.

Gutted he didn’t scream “TWIIIICEEE TWIIICEEEE!!!” when Jorginho committed identical fouls and didn’t get sent off.
giphy.gif

nicky47

Established Member
Still buzzing over this match. What a great performance... Feels like an age since I enjoyed a game as much. Hoping theres more of this to come this season at The Emirates under MA!

kopzilla

Always Negative
Teta was well respected as a player..but I never cknew he was assertive & decisive. Some more wins & we can feel little more better...

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Teta was well respected as a player..but I never cknew he was assertive & decisive. Some more wins & we can feel little more better...

I find it very interesting that Arteta played in the same midfield as Özil for 3 years and is now his coach, when Özil was arguably the more talented but worse technical footballer when they played together, especially when you consider Arteta played a similar position to Özil for years at Everton. Very interesting dynamic between these two imo, might be why Özil appears to be listening to Arteta.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I find it very interesting that Arteta played in the same midfield as Özil for 3 years and is now his coach, when Özil was arguably the more talented but worse technical footballer when they played together, especially when you consider Arteta played a similar position to Özil for years at Everton. Very interesting dynamic between these two imo, might be why Özil appears to be listening to Arteta.

Özil worse technical footballer than Arteta?

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Özil worse technical footballer than Arteta?

Arteta was two footed, had immaculate close control and excelled in every technical aspect. In fact, it was only his lack of physicality which stopped him from being an elite player. I am in no way saying Özil lack technically, if that's what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom